Wowbagger
The Infinitely Prolonged
A beauty contest.
Seriously. It's a bad idea. A phenomenally terrible proposal, that would undermine all of the most precious values of the JREF and skepticism, in general. We are supposed to value the minds and brains of the conference participants, not waste parts of our limited schedule to indulge in some primitive appreciation of their most superficial attributes! What is wrong with me?!!!!
I mean, yes, it could help us break the 30% barrier in male/female attendance ratios, but it is a very ugly way to do so. I would much rather see that ratio grow closer to 50/50, through more legitimate means.
George Hrab could MC it, and his song "Brains, Body, Both" would be the perfect theme song. But, I would still refuse to buy a ticket, on principal. I will stand strong as the last bastion of common-sense decency, if I have to!
It would really irk me, to no end, if anyone actually made this happen. Besides, I told so many women that they "would definitely win", that I would get in trouble if I actually had to commit to a vote.
Seriously. It's a bad idea. A phenomenally terrible proposal, that would undermine all of the most precious values of the JREF and skepticism, in general. We are supposed to value the minds and brains of the conference participants, not waste parts of our limited schedule to indulge in some primitive appreciation of their most superficial attributes! What is wrong with me?!!!!
I mean, yes, it could help us break the 30% barrier in male/female attendance ratios, but it is a very ugly way to do so. I would much rather see that ratio grow closer to 50/50, through more legitimate means.
George Hrab could MC it, and his song "Brains, Body, Both" would be the perfect theme song. But, I would still refuse to buy a ticket, on principal. I will stand strong as the last bastion of common-sense decency, if I have to!
It would really irk me, to no end, if anyone actually made this happen. Besides, I told so many women that they "would definitely win", that I would get in trouble if I actually had to commit to a vote.