• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

June Stundie Finals

Vote for the best Stundie of June

  • 1) WTC magnet satellites

    Votes: 27 24.3%
  • 2) Curiously placed engines

    Votes: 12 10.8%
  • 3) Witnesses make things true

    Votes: 11 9.9%
  • 4) Passports mean everything

    Votes: 17 15.3%
  • 5) Stupid means you're free

    Votes: 14 12.6%
  • 6) Fighting the NWO is what they want

    Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 7) Reflective stars

    Votes: 43 38.7%
  • 8) No oxygen in debris or subways

    Votes: 11 9.9%
  • 9) The collapses were the same except when they weren't

    Votes: 12 10.8%
  • 10) Losing power was the plan all along

    Votes: 6 5.4%
  • 11) Physics requires air

    Votes: 43 38.7%
  • 12) Term limits are all that protects us

    Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 13) Ill-defined definitions

    Votes: 14 12.6%
  • 14) Haven't you noticed?

    Votes: 8 7.2%
  • 15) "American Words"

    Votes: 18 16.2%
  • 16) Brazil kills for the Queen

    Votes: 8 7.2%
  • 17) Anything means 22

    Votes: 12 10.8%
  • 18) Of sunlight and ninja swords

    Votes: 43 38.7%
  • 19) Free fall needs air

    Votes: 25 22.5%
  • 20) The CIA is a good source

    Votes: 9 8.1%

  • Total voters
    111
  • Poll closed .
I seem to remember the first line of #7 was what the nominee is responding to, so quote tags would be appropriate. Depends on how careful the nominee was with its own quote tags, though.

Voted for #18 - not only amazingly broken physics, but ninja swords and shotguns? WTF?
 
Some of the space-based entries this month have a lunar chiropteran flavor reminiscent of Malcolm Kirkman's idea that gravity couldn't operate in a vacuum.

I ended up voting for a bunch.
 
Thank the FSM for DosBox. I am replaying Descent, and had forgotten just how much of a blast that game is.

Hehe,no need for Dosbox when 486,P1 133 and P1 188 are available...
(And I have managed to get original copy of Descent II for one and half dollar(30CZK))

Are there any conspiracies about missing datasheets? I should start one...
 
I seem to remember the first line of #7 was what the nominee is responding to, so quote tags would be appropriate. Depends on how careful the nominee was with its own quote tags, though.

I wondered about that too because they seemed so incongruous but it was the second line that was funny so I wouldn't sweat it.

Voted for #18 - not only amazingly broken physics, but ninja swords and shotguns? WTF?

Over/under shotgun at that! Makes me wonder what that persons house is stocked with.

Some of the space-based entries this month have a lunar chiropteran flavor reminiscent of Malcolm Kirkman's idea that gravity couldn't operate in a vacuum.

I thought that as well. They also reminded me of Moonman from BAUT.
 
I know there is reason for it, but I'm disappointed there aren't links. I'd love to read the discussion that generated some of these.
 
I know there is reason for it, but I'm disappointed there aren't links. I'd love to read the discussion that generated some of these.

I am also disappointed. What is the reason for it?

Link to entry 14:

"Haven't you noticed that governments set up agencies that operate in secret, sometimes with "black" budgets and that sometimes these agencies become autonomous, developing their own independent sources of funding, unaccountable to anyone but themselves?"

Galloping up from behind! VOTE for me NOW!
 
Last edited:
There is too much gold in that one post to not vote for it....

" "So-Called" Mars" !!! Brilliant. I sat on a bench next to this guy in a train station in Taichung, I'm sure. He was on about everything that the USA or China or Taiwan or Hungary (for some reason) was doing, and any time he mentioned any of the them he'd say, "The so-called _________ government", and make the little scare quotes marks in the air with his hands.

But light reflecting off a ninja sword or over-under shotgun? Not a picture? Nor a book-shelf? Not a wall? But reflecting over two specific idiosyncratic weapons! I love this guy!


(Someone PM me the source of this one, please.)
 

All be it your post is a good effort, please understand you are up against some giants of stupid this month. Please try harder next month.

I voted for one and eleven.
 
Last edited:
3-way tie ATM between 7, 11, and 18, and I don't have a horse in this race, because I voted for all of them.
 
I am also disappointed. What is the reason for it?

Some months ago it was decided that, in order to make it not appear we are mocking specific posters, the quotes that make into the finals would be anonymous.

There is too much gold in that one post to not vote for it....

" "So-Called" Mars" !!! Brilliant. I sat on a bench next to this guy in a train station in Taichung, I'm sure. He was on about everything that the USA or China or Taiwan or Hungary (for some reason) was doing, and any time he mentioned any of the them he'd say, "The so-called _________ government", and make the little scare quotes marks in the air with his hands.

But light reflecting off a ninja sword or over-under shotgun? Not a picture? Nor a book-shelf? Not a wall? But reflecting over two specific idiosyncratic weapons! I love this guy!


(Someone PM me the source of this one, please.)

Well, if you want to know it's from this thread.
 
All be it your post is a good effort, please understand you are up against some giants of stupid this month. Please try harder next month.

Thanks, but I prefer effortlessness.

Can't do it, sweetheart.

You were simply outclassed this month. Through and through.

Thanks for your compassion.

Some months ago it was decided that, in order to make it not appear we are mocking specific posters, the quotes that make into the finals would be anonymous.

How devious!
 
My guys are falling behind...............................

How can "it was the plan to lose power" and "the buildings fell suspiciously identically but not identically enough" compete with the likes of "so called Mars"?:mad:
 
My guys are falling behind...............................

How can "it was the plan to lose power" and "the buildings fell suspiciously identically but not identically enough" compete with the likes of "so called Mars"?:mad:

I can understand that you're pissed but please spare a thought for aggl-rithm and her impossible question.

I am, however, quietly confident that there will be a late surge.
 
I can understand that you're pissed but please spare a thought for aggl-rithm and her impossible question.

I am, however, quietly confident that there will be a late surge.

You will have to give me another clue as to what you are referring to JJ. I don't follow all the instances in which you take exception to what others post.
 
No, I'm not taking exception. Aggl-rithm is my sponsor in the Stundie championships, Entry 14.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom