.This is the same as stating garbage in - garbage out.
Actually, it's worse than that.
Chandler had a four course dinner for two from a five star restaurant. Complete with a $250 bottles of wine, and desert.
He took the whole dinner, including desert, threw it all into a blender, then added the wine.
This is how he created his "Garbage in".
And I've done a little calculation to prove it.
I've taken Chandlers "garbage" data, and run it thru the blender again. And I've run the blender at exactly the same speed. For exactly the same length of time. Just to show what it does to data.
This is a table of the linear portion of his velocity "raw data", AFTER he'd used his "center difference approximation". I've taken Chandler's input and calculated the step-wise accelerations by applying the same center difference approximation to the velocity data.
And these are the accelerations that his technique produces.
(sec) | (in/sec^2) |
1.88 | 42.8 | 133
2.13 | 30.4 | 94
2.38 | 52.4 | 163
2.63 | 13.6 | 42
2.88 | 42.4 | 132
3.13 | 23.6 | 73
3.38 | 42.0 | 130
3.63 | 10.4 | 32
3.88 | 35.6 | 111
From the perspective of Chris' mindless objection to my "108%G" results, my performing this math operation on the velocity data is PRECISELY as valid as his performing it on the position data in order to obtain his velocities.
Christopher7 was objecting because the technique that I used gave a short term acceleration value of 108%. Well, Chris, here is Chandler's results. Using Chandler's techniques.
What do you think of those accelerations, Chris??
133% G, 94% G, 163% G, 42% G, 132% G, 73% G, 130% G, 32% G, 111% G.
Those data errors are just as "real" as my "108% G".
My technique is better.
Tom
Last edited: