• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Proposed Design for Progressive Collapse Demonstration

I have Heiwa on ignore but is he now comparing the towers to sugar lumps, plates and elephants?

Why I am not surprised?

 
I have Heiwa on ignore but is he now comparing the towers to sugar lumps, plates and elephants?

Why I am not surprised?


That model isn't perfect but its a fair bit better than sponges and lemons!
Anyways, here is my entry.

I did have to use a pinch of nano-thermite to melt the CD cases tho after they fell.
 
Last edited:
Scale, Heiwa, scale. An engineer like you should understand this.

Chose any scale/size and demonstrate a one-way crush down progressive collapse of a structure A by a part C of it.

Try full scale!

If structure is a house of cards, you should first do the lateral test before dropping anything on it.
 
Last edited:
Chose any scale/size and demonstrate a one-way crush down progressive collapse of a structure A by a part C of it.

Try full scale!

If structure is a house of cards, you should first do the lateral test before dropping anything on it.

Why does it matter if it's a house of cards? What lateral test? You said its impossible for C to destroy A. I showed you a primitive structure in which this theory doesn't hold. A house of cards is alot more analagous to the WTC than your lemons or sponges.
 
Why does it matter if it's a house of cards? What lateral test? You said its impossible for C to destroy A. I showed you a primitive structure in which this theory doesn't hold. A house of cards is alot more analagous to the WTC than your lemons or sponges.

lol.
 
Plans for Progressive Collapse Demonstration
QUOTE]

Yes Myriad I am sure this will fail. It is obvious isn't it? This is the 3rd design that I have seen that beats the Heiwa challenge. GlennB also did one.

Mine pancaked nicely, or should I say it pizzad nicely. I am sure there are many more schemes that would fail. There are so many solutions to Heiwas challenge.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.p...28#post4813928

And of course it was stable before it collapsed. Why would it not be stable?
Heiwa concedes defeat?
 
QUOTE]

Yes Myriad I am sure this will fail. It is obvious isn't it? This is the 3rd design that I have seen that beats the Heiwa challenge. GlennB also did one.

Mine pancaked nicely, or should I say it pizzad nicely. I am sure there are many more schemes that would fail. There are so many solutions to Heiwas challenge.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.p...28#post4813928

And of course it was stable before it collapsed. Why would it not be stable?
Heiwa concedes defeat?
Link is broken Bluesky.
 
His experiment is intended to win a $1,000,000 challenge offered by one of the CTists. It doesn't have to prove anything other than that a progressive collapse triggered by an initial drop of part of the structure is possible.
Oh. I thought the Three Stooges demonstrated it when Curly climbed into the top bunk.
 
That model isn't perfect but its a fair bit better than sponges and lemons!
Anyways, here is my entry.

I did have to use a pinch of nano-thermite to melt the CD cases tho after they fell.

This is a really stupid competition.!!
I thought I had won,
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4813928

Then GlennB developed a scheme based on mine. Then I read a scheme from Myriad, and then I found yours and another on Youtube. Nice job.!

At this rate if we split the 1,00,000$ we will be lucky if we get 20$ each!
 
Here is another 'structure' that anybody can build. You need 22 coffe cup plates and plenty of sugar lumps.

< snip for stupidity >

Ok I guess this is the next stupid challenge from Heiwa ... Make a structure out of coffee cups, paper plates and sugar lumps, and make it fall down when 1/10th of the mass is dropped or removed.

Oh this is difficult ....think, think, think... ok I got one.!

Put cubes in each cup.. stack cups on paper plates to form a two legged pyramid. Keep pulling apart the legs until the pyramid is just about standing.... remove the top cup and leg, and it all falls down.!!

I think this is the negative of Heiwas Challenge and shows that both the challenge and its inverse are incorrect. there must be a word for this?
 
Ok I guess this is the next stupid challenge from Heiwa ... Make a structure out of coffee cups, paper plates and sugar lumps, and make it fall down when 1/10th of the mass is dropped or removed.

Oh this is difficult ....think, think, think... ok I got one.!

Put cubes in each cup.. stack cups on paper plates to form a two legged pyramid. Keep pulling apart the legs until the pyramid is just about standing.... remove the top cup and leg, and it all falls down.!!

I think this is the negative of Heiwas Challenge and shows that both the challenge and its inverse are incorrect. there must be a word for this?

You have not understood. You are not supposed to remove or pull apart the elements of the lower part A structure! You are supposed to drop a part C of similar structure on A. Try again!
 
I think this is the negative of Heiwas Challenge and shows that both the challenge and its inverse are incorrect. there must be a word for this?

Heiwaesque ?

"The argument he put forward was Heiwaesque in its stupidity" or
"That's just plain Heiwaesque"
 
Here's a page from an old disinfo manual I found in the attic. Why wouldn't this work?

bs23x.jpg


Sorry about the dried baby blood, but sometimes I just forget myself. You know how it is.
 
Here's a page from an old disinfo manual I found in the attic. Why wouldn't this work?

[qimg]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5896/bs23x.jpg[/qimg]

You have to test!

So a sub-assembly is 4 thin, 2 mm, glass panes, a, b, c, d, glued together unit. This unit has four elements and four glued connections. Then you put 8 units on top of each other. The units are not aligned, i.e. contacts between units are two 4 mm² points between elements aupper/blower and clower/dupper.
Are you gluing those points, too?

It means that two complete glass panes/elements of any unit are outside two glass panes/elements of adjacent units, e.g. b and c or d and a.

Now you drop one unit C on eight units A! OK! Objective is to ensure that the 8 units A are one-way crushed down by a single unit C.

It would appear that C will only contact part A in the two 4 mm² points at impact.

One result may be that two elements of C, e.g. a and d are split into two parts and two elements of C, b and c, are not affected but drops outside A below. I doubt very much that a one-way crush down of A follows.

But have a try!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom