• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Galileo Put Us In Our Place

Galileo

Illuminator
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
3,368
I made the news tonight, probably because of the thermite article!

Galileo Put Us In Our Place

By JEFFREY BENNETT
Special to the Los Angeles Times
Published: April 5, 2009


The revolution was not his alone.

The idea was an ancient one, and other scientists had embraced it along the way. But it took Galileo Galilei (1564-1642) and the telescope he built to prove the truth to the masses: Earth is not the center of the universe.

This year marks the 400th anniversary of the year Galileo turned his first crude telescope to the heavens. Through it, he observed spots on the sun and shadow patterns proving that the moon had mountains and valleys. These visible "imperfections" helped overturn thousands of years of traditional belief that everything in the heavens must be smooth, perfect and unchanging.


....

Revolutionary change is never easy.

....

But astronomy is not just about science, and Galileo's revolution was not just about knowing Earth's physical place in the universe.

....

Galileo once said, "You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself."

....

Source:

www.plato.stanford.edu/entries/galileo/

Jeffrey Bennett is an astrophysicist and the author of numerous books including "Beyond UFOs" and the children's book "Max Goes to Jupiter."

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/apr/05/co-galileo-put-us-in-our-place/news-opinion-commentary/
 
If you are attempting to make twoofers look bad, you are succeeding. Seriously.
 
The mods should delete this nonsense that has nothing to do with 9/11.
 
I am the Master of the universe!
http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?file=/2009/4/5/lifeliving/3395894&sec=lifeliving
You are master of woo on 911. You push delusions and now posted tripe in the 911 sub forum. Off topic.

Your delusions know no bounds.
 
You know, medieval thought did not old earthly things in high regard, nor was man the center of the universe in medieval theology (that would be god.) If there were any symbolism inherent in the geocentric theory it was a preserve view of the Earth as a dump, at the bottom, bellow Heaven in all directions but only slightly above Hell - the very symbolism that runs through Dante's Comedy.
 
It establishes Galileo's credentials to discuss the thermite found at the WTC.

Alright, I'm tired of this nonsense. I have to tell you something.


You are NOT Galileo Galilei. Galileo Galilei DIED 367 years ago. He is DEAD, no longer amongst the living. Do you understand? You cannot be him, because he is dead. He was born in 1564. Today is 2009. No human has ever lived longer than 120 years. Do the math; that's a 247-year deficit. There is no way you can POSSIBLY be Galileo Galilei.

You have a psychological disorder. You think you are someone who died 367 years ago. You need help, mental help. You need to see a doctor of mental health. You cannot live a healthy life believing you are somebody you are not. You need to take a deep, deep look at WHO YOU ARE, and accept that. We all have people we wish we could be. I wish I was Stephen Colbert. But I'm not, and I don't pretend to be. I have to live with who I am, just as anybody else. That's the only way anyone can make something of their life.

You are NOT Galileo Galilei. You can NEVER be Galileo Galilei, just as I can never be Stephen Colbert. You must learn to accept You, the REAL You. Which is not Galileo Galilei, and cannot be Galileo Galilei, because Galileo Galilei died on the 8th of January 1642, which was 367 years ago. You are not him; he is dead.

I know it's harsh, but it's the truth, and it had to be said.
 
Alright, I'm tired of this nonsense. I have to tell you something.


You are NOT Galileo Galilei. Galileo Galilei DIED 367 years ago. He is DEAD, no longer amongst the living. Do you understand? You cannot be him, because he is dead. He was born in 1564. Today is 2009. No human has ever lived longer than 120 years. Do the math; that's a 247-year deficit. There is no way you can POSSIBLY be Galileo Galilei.

You have a psychological disorder. You think you are someone who died 367 years ago. You need help, mental help. You need to see a doctor of mental health. You cannot live a healthy life believing you are somebody you are not. You need to take a deep, deep look at WHO YOU ARE, and accept that. We all have people we wish we could be. I wish I was Stephen Colbert. But I'm not, and I don't pretend to be. I have to live with who I am, just as anybody else. That's the only way anyone can make something of their life.

You are NOT Galileo Galilei. You can NEVER be Galileo Galilei, just as I can never be Stephen Colbert. You must learn to accept You, the REAL You. Which is not Galileo Galilei, and cannot be Galileo Galilei, because Galileo Galilei died on the 8th of January 1642, which was 367 years ago. You are not him; he is dead.

I know it's harsh, but it's the truth, and it had to be said.

You didn't close with "and that's tonight's word".
 
Alright, I'm tired of this nonsense. I have to tell you something.


You are NOT Galileo Galilei. Galileo Galilei DIED 367 years ago. He is DEAD, no longer amongst the living. Do you understand? You cannot be him, because he is dead. He was born in 1564. Today is 2009. No human has ever lived longer than 120 years. Do the math; that's a 247-year deficit. There is no way you can POSSIBLY be Galileo Galilei.

You have a psychological disorder. You think you are someone who died 367 years ago. You need help, mental help. You need to see a doctor of mental health. You cannot live a healthy life believing you are somebody you are not. You need to take a deep, deep look at WHO YOU ARE, and accept that. We all have people we wish we could be. I wish I was Stephen Colbert. But I'm not, and I don't pretend to be. I have to live with who I am, just as anybody else. That's the only way anyone can make something of their life.

You are NOT Galileo Galilei. You can NEVER be Galileo Galilei, just as I can never be Stephen Colbert. You must learn to accept You, the REAL You. Which is not Galileo Galilei, and cannot be Galileo Galilei, because Galileo Galilei died on the 8th of January 1642, which was 367 years ago. You are not him; he is dead.

I know it's harsh, but it's the truth, and it had to be said.

Do you realize that you are talking to Galileo?
 
Oh, c'mon you bunch of pseudo-skeptics. Next you'll be telling me that Shemp's not the real Shemp, I suppose? Or that PresidentBush isn't really Dubya?

Oh, no answers, I see. Just as I thought.

Me? I'm the King of Hearts.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom