Alt+F4
diabolical globalist
- Joined
- Oct 29, 2006
- Messages
- 10,017
The two of you would do well to read the link to the New York Times letter from a former AIG employee, that was provided on page 1 of this thread. He's a guy who had no part in AIG's financial troubles, and in fact made millions for the company. Now he stands to lose his bonus (probably well over half his salary) and he has state attorneys-general threatening him for the crime of... well, come to think of it, he's committed no crime.
I did read it. I too have contributed nothing to the downfall of my employer, I've worked very hard over the years yet now I am being asked to renenegotiate my legal contract and submit to give backs...or else.
The AIG guy mentioned that his bonus was about 700k so if that was half his salary he was pulling in 1.4 million a year. So even if he lost 90% of his salary he would still be making much more than the average NYCer (I'm assuming he's in NYC).
What would these same people be saying about these bonuses if there had been no bailout? Nothing, they would just have to suck it up, despite the contracts.
Last edited: