Momentum, you know, if you treat it as a solid mechanics problem.
You learnt that from Mackey about 3 days ago, didn't you.
Anyway .. my $1M please. The House of Cards meets all your conditions.
Momentum, you know, if you treat it as a solid mechanics problem.
You learnt that from Mackey about 3 days ago, didn't you.
Anyway .. my $1M please. The House of Cards meets all your conditions.
.... and when I tested part C actually bounced on part A. I wonder why?
What did you test?
Part C![]()
WIth glue involved, naturally.
I suggest you start a new thread announcing your "million dollar challenge" but with precise conditions, rather than making up new ones as you go along. See you there.
So you admit defeat. Good. Join AE911truth.org .
Did you mean to say, "What toppings did you get?"What did you test?
I had great difficulties to lift it (part C) and then drop it (part C) without it (part C) collapsing on itself (part C), so I glued it together. As part C should be similar to part A, I glued it (part A) also.
He's generally just stuck to lying in the past; it's interesting to see him branch out into cheating.
Dave
So, as I pointed out earlier, Heiwa's challenge actually was, "I am prepared to offer $1M to anybody that can produce a structure with two parts C and A of similar/identical structural composition, where, initially part A, fixed to ground, carries part C on top, and later by dropping part C on part A, gravity will then assist part C to crush down part A completely. However, I can reinforce this structure as much as I like, and it still has to collapse." He's generally just stuck to lying in the past; it's interesting to see him branch out into cheating.
Dave
Stop derailing the thread, Heiwa. Prove you FoS>3 figures. Properly - not the half-baked yield calculation we saw before.
Well, your House of Cards was not really fixed to the ground, was it? You missed that, among many other things. But just soldier on. Get your structure together, drop C on A, etc. and you'll get your $1M.![]()
I'm a happy violinist.Let's say that the engineers are wrong and your Factor of Safety calculations are correct. You believe that stacks of match boxes or lemons are valid analogs to the structures of the Twin Towers, and you propose experiments with these objects to prove that the towers could not have collapsed.I thought we had sorted it out. If the mass is 16 500 000 kgs and it is carried by 2.1 m² of steel (core) and we set g = 10 m/s², the stress is is 78.57 MPa to compare with a yield stress of 248 MPa (mild steel). 248/78.57 = 3.15. Urich using a 18% bigger mass and various crititical stresses gets 2.29. If Urich uses my mass he should get 2.7, etc, etc. No big difference.
Bazant may use a mass of 27 000 000 kgs and then we get stress 128.57 MPa and 248/128.57 = 1.92!
In the perimeter there is more steel - say 3.54 m² - but same mass, so the static stress is only 46.61 MPa! 248/46.61 = 5.32 in my article! Reason is the that perimeter must also resist wind loads.
I only use my example to show that WTC 1 was quite a strong structure.
Regardless - an upper part C cannot crush down a similar structure part A (A = 10 x C) due to gravity alone after having dropped on it from a realistic height. Try to debunk that.
Well, your House of Cards was not really fixed to the ground, was it? You missed that, among many other things. But just soldier on. Get your structure together, drop C on A, etc. and you'll get your $1M.![]()
Originally Posted By Arquitect:I get plenty of good ideas from the discussions.
I bet!Now, Heiwa, can you produce similar calcs and figures to back up the "FoS>3" position you've adopted, or is it as substantial as your structural calculations?
Vaya vaya, so you're telling me you ignore people who you could embarrass so easilly with your CALCS and FIGURES?Of course, there is plenty of crap in most threads. Use the ignore option and it appears friendlier ... and less lively? Kodomo demo shitte imasu.