Tin Foil Timothy
Banned
- Joined
- Aug 26, 2008
- Messages
- 3,089
The precision bombing of key Hamas instillations and strongholds by guided missles does not equate to carpet bombing. I'm quite shocked that you'd go as far as to equate what happened to Gaza to, say Dresden or London. And here is the emotive spin you put on it, 'slaughtered vast numbers of innocent Palestinians.' Spin it however you wish, but the percent of civilian to militant deaths was quite tight. I believe B'tselem stated of all those who were killed, 48% were militants. That works out to nearly 1:1 ratio. Some homework for you, TFT, if you're interested, would be to find any other modern air campaign with such tight statistics.
Yeah but it wasn't precision bombing was it? You should believe that nonsense propaganda. The UN published an aerial shot of the damage in gaza
I don't know what you're asking here, but from what I -think- I read, it is the action of a nation near the end of its limit.
I'll play ball. Does this apartheid apply to the Arab Israelis? If not, why?
Actually parky made a thread noting some of the racist policies of Israel...
parky said:It is legal for a Israeli school to not allow in Arab students.
Arab students recieve about 50% the amount of education funds as Jewish students.
Israel has yet to build one...single...new Arab town or city. They have built hundreds of Jewish towns.
It is legal to not sell land to someone because they are an Arab or a Muslim.
It is illegal for an Israeli political party to call Israel anything but..."The Jewish State". Yet, it is legal for a political party to call for the forced expulsion of Arabs and Muslims.
The government of Israel only recognizes marriage between Jews.
Only Jews...or those with 1/4th Jewish blood..can come to Israel under the Law of Return. There are tons of financial benefits that are ONLY eligible to folks who came under the Law of Return.
Israel, my friend, is filled with de-facto and de-sure examples of racism and discrimination.
How can a racist government discriminate against an ethnicity in one country, but not against that same ethnicitiy in its own country? Does a lack of apartheid in Israel kind of poke holes in your 'racist argument'?
See above.
Just a note: Not all settlements in the West Bank are illegal.
Anyways, I'm curious how you came to the conclusion that there is Apartheid in the West Bank? Seperation of nationals is not apartheid.
Oh right!
I don't care how you 'feel' abot something. We're discussing the legality, not the morality.
No I'm discussing morality. I just told you I don't care whether it's legal or not. I care about the human cost
I'm sorry, how is this not an Israel/Hamas conflict? Hamas is in control. Hamas launches rockets into Israel. Hamas does not prevent rockets from being fired into Israel. Hamas encourages rockets to be fired into Israel. How does striking back at Hamas equate to an attack on ALL Palestinians?
I didn't actually it wasn't did I.
The over all conflict is Israel v. palestine. The conflict with Hamas is a subset conflict
So much for your 'soft' genocide that Israel is committing. The Palestinians have survived through the conflict, but their governments and militias tend to be destroyed rather efficiently or decay from within.
Your point is? Palestinians have been slaughtered. others have survived.
And when do you think Israel will reach that conclusion
Is Israel in danger of losing militarily? Hamas will continue to fight, a losing fight I may add, until it is either destroyed or it disbands. They cannot defeat Israel militarily.
Of course they can't. Israel could just take the lot in a day if it wanted to. Of course with the world watching it won't do that
But, you'd launch rockets, just as Hamas does, right? I mean, who wouldn't retaliate, right? Except Hamas launches rockets at civilians, not the IDF. So, do you think Hamas should be 'retaliating' in the manner they've chosen?
As I've said many times in this forum I do not condone Hamas firing rockets at Isreali civilians.
Do you condone the slaughter of the Palestinian civilians?