• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Israeli Government Pays for filmmaker killing

Are you also saying that no-one can critise the governemnt of Israel while therrorist organisations are terrorising people
Well, that's obviously not true, as proved by approximately 137% of your posts. :biggrin:
 
So it costs $2.2 million to kill a film director. Maybe we could we get up a collection for the Israelis to do Michael Moore and Oliver Stone?

Maybe I'll set up a PayPal site...


No smilies here so I guess you actually meant this as posted.

People who abuse 911 to be put under cemeteries and now you want to kill film directors you don't seem to like.

If you want to see calls for the murder of lots of different people who annoy BPSCG come to the JREF it appears.

I think Michael Moore should do a film about this site and certain 'characters' in particular. Why, I might even send some of your oeuvre to him, including this latest 'jape'. What, I wonder, would he make of your calls for his assassination and your support for the Israeli government, which, interestingly has an assassination policy and has just killed lots of civilians?
 
How many Hamas have they "initiated proceedings" on in England?

That's a red herring response.

-----

Coming from somebody who never criticises Islamic Terrorists when they kill this is the funniest thing ever.

Another red herring response.

-----

So it costs $2.2 million to kill a film director. Maybe we could we get up a collection for the Israelis to do Michael Moore and Oliver Stone?

Maybe I'll set up a PayPal site...

Stone probably wouldn't pull as big a bounty, but Moore might make up the difference in PITA fees.

-----

All that aside, E.J.Armstrong, could you just once cover a topic involving Israel in any way that doesn't have you coming across as extremely prejudiced (I won't use the other phrase because it's bandied about too loosely here already)? I'm willing to accept that it isn't intentional on your part, but the thing is that I'm concerned you aren't really coming into this with the intent of good faith, but to instead bludgeon through rhetoric.

I'm willing to address the commentary in the OP, but not in the manner which you have presented it. So I ask you: is there really any chance for serious discourse here, or are you just itching for an argument?
 
No smilies here so I guess you actually meant this as posted.

People who abuse 911 to be put under cemeteries and now you want to kill film directors you don't seem to like.

.....

funny-pictures-cat-blinds-abort-retry-fail.jpg
 
A Smartass said:
So it costs $2.2 million to kill a film director. Maybe we could we get up a collection for the Israelis to do Michael Moore and Oliver Stone?

Maybe I'll set up a PayPal site...

No smilies here so I guess you actually meant this as posted.

People who abuse 911 to be put under cemeteries and now you want to kill film directors you don't seem to like.

If you want to see calls for the murder of lots of different people who annoy BPSCG come to the JREF it appears.
Hey, put it in your sig line! It's pithy enough!

I think Michael Moore should do a film about this site and certain 'characters' in particular. Why, I might even send some of your oeuvre to him, including this latest 'jape'. What, I wonder, would he make of your calls for his assassination and your support for the Israeli government, which, interestingly has an assassination policy and has just killed lots of civilians?
I don't know. Why don't you send him a love letter?
 
IDF soldiers were never encouraged to 'go wild'. Cease with the slander already.
It is not slander. It is the truth. I commend the truth to you and suggest that you actually do some research before making false allegations.


See
'...And after its own foreign minister said that Israel's army had been allowed to "go wild" there, it seems to bear out my own contention that the Israeli "Defence Force" is as much a rabble as all the other armies in the region. ...'

from http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...t-civilian-deaths-during-wartime-1521708.html

And you're quoting disproportionate from what angle? Legal? If legal, there's no basis for it.
From every angle.

As to the case payout, I wonder what the public reaction would be if a bedoin from the IDF unit responsible for this incident were to be put on trial.

You guys do realize this wasn't an Israeli Jew. Sorry to take the wind out of your sails guys.

Sorry but religion is not an issue though you appear to want it to be. it doesn't matter if he was black, brown, pink, yellow with purple dots, Hindu, Muslim, Protestant, Shintoist, Cargo culture, Catholic or Jewish. What matters if the way that Israel refuses to deal with crimes committed by the IDF. Sorry to take the religious wind from your sails.
 
Well, that's obviously not true, as proved by approximately 137% of your posts. :biggrin:


Ah its a BPSCG claim. I think we know how seriously to take that. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

Why then do people imply that one should not criticise israel unless one also criticises terrorist organisations?
 
Coming from somebody who never criticises Islamic Terrorists when they kill this is the funniest thing ever.

Sigh
Notice
1/ Failure to deal with germain point
2/ Personal abuse
3/ Failure to support his/her own claims.

Does this type of spam characterise a number of the people who support the Israeli government? perhaps we should start a thread to try and ascertain why they are so apparently reluctant to: -
1/ tell the truth
2/ Argue the point with facts
3/ Support their falsehoods with at least one word of support
4/ Hurl personal abuse as an alternative to a rational argument or twain.

As one of the main perpetrators of this type of nonsense I have eternal hope that one day Dudalb sees the light and realise that he only demeans his 'cause' by such tactics. In the meantime he does my work for me so valiantly.
 
Hey, put it in your sig line! It's pithy enough!
I think we all know what you're like by now.

I don't know. Why don't you send him a love letter?

You do go to extremes very quickly don't you? Love or hate.

Relax for a moment or two. Can I suggest laying off the Turkish coffee for a femtosecond or twain.

If you don't like someone there are plenty of other alternatives rather than joking about murdering them. No honestly there really are. if you send a donation to the DEC appeal for Gaza, I will send you a bakers dozen for free. Offer ends 28/02/09
 
It is not slander. It is the truth. I commend the truth to you and suggest that you actually do some research before making false allegations.


See
'...And after its own foreign minister said that Israel's army had been allowed to "go wild" there, it seems to bear out my own contention that the Israeli "Defence Force" is as much a rabble as all the other armies in the region. ...'

Ummm, why would you post a quote which doesn't support your claim? You said they were encouraged to go wild, which is not what that quote says. If you believe that 'allowed' and 'encouraged' are the same thing let me point out that you are 'allowed' to shut the hell up and 'allowed' to shave your head and move to Alaska.
 
I think we all know what you're like by now.
But E.J., there are newbies here every day! If you don't educate them about me, who will?

You do go to extremes very quickly don't you? Love or hate.
No, I was suggesting you send Michael Moore a love letter. Tell him all about me. I'm sure he'd love to get fan mail from you.

Relax for a moment or two. Can I suggest laying off the Turkish coffee for a femtosecond or twain.
I prefer Indonesian Sumatra Mandheling, FIW...

If you don't like someone there are plenty of other alternatives rather than joking about murdering them.
Are you proposing I actually murder them? :eek:
 
I saw the film in question, and thought it was really quite good. One fascinating aspect of it was the filmmakers seemed to consistently disassociate themselves from the truly horrifying things said by the Palestinians they interviewed. I speculate that it was this detachment from reality that prompted them to think it would be OK for them to walk across an open field at night (unlit) that they were specifically warned to avoid because it was being actively patrolled for terrorists. Everyone involved regretted that the young Bedouins in that patrol unit fired upon them; this was a tragic accident. But it was hardly "Israeli Troops Gone Wild".

Frankly I suspect that this payout has more to do with the Israeli government's typical knee-jerk reaction to accusations of wrong-doing: they assume the blame and apologize. Often even when the accusations turn out to be baseless, like the recent claim that they bombed a UN school (it took a while, but the UN finally admitted that no bombs fell inside the school grounds, despite it being used as a base by Hamas). Jenin was similar.

Even if you disagree with many of my points (and I'm quite sure many of you do), there's nothing that would qualify this death as 'murder'. Except to Robert Fisk, who seems to think Israelis regularly bathe in the blood of innocent Palestinian babies. It's not that he's biased (we all are); it's that he's not sane.
 
It is not slander. It is the truth. I commend the truth to you and suggest that you actually do some research before making false allegations.
Does having actually served in the IDF and knowing dozens of friends who went into Gaza after being called into reserve duty count as 'research'.

You're living in a bubble and this innate desire of yours to slander an entire country and people is readily apparent.


See
'...And after its own foreign minister said that Israel's army had been allowed to "go wild" there, it seems to bear out my own contention that the Israeli "Defence Force" is as much a rabble as all the other armies in the region. ...'

from http://www.independent.co.uk/opinio...t-civilian-deaths-during-wartime-1521708.html
Nice, an opinion piece from the lovely Robert Fisk. Searched using various news media outlets and search engines, all of which seem to rely on a source that doesn't exist, whereby most source this Fisk article which doesn't source anything at all.

Sounds to me more and more like the fabricated quote attributed to Ariel Sharon of 'We control America'.

Sorry but religion is not an issue though you appear to want it to be. it doesn't matter if he was black, brown, pink, yellow with purple dots, Hindu, Muslim, Protestant, Shintoist, Cargo culture, Catholic or Jewish. What matters if the way that Israel refuses to deal with crimes committed by the IDF. Sorry to take the religious wind from your sails.
So I guess here you're fabricated another argument which I didn't make. At what point are you going to realize that this isn't how you win arguments? I like the nice attempt at the whole self-righteousness bit, but it doesn't quite suit you based on your previous posts.
 
See
'...And after its own foreign minister said that Israel's army had been allowed to "go wild" there, it seems to bear out my own contention that the Israeli "Defence Force" is as much a rabble as all the other armies in the region. ...'

You are quoting Robert Fisk.

Why don't you quote the rest of the paragraph:

And after its own foreign minister said that Israel's army had been allowed to "go wild" there, it seems to bear out my own contention that the Israeli "Defence Force" is as much a rabble as all the other armies in the region.

Fisk is flirting with the truth movement and has real problem with the truth. I would want to see some real sources for his quotes before I believed anything he wrote.


Incidentally this is the quality of comments the Independent publishes on its website:

YOU DEVIATING THE SUBJECT AWAY FROM Israel ?
why Jew STILL TACKING ABOUT HOLOCAUST SENSE IT IS LONG TIME AGO ? SORRY aLL PEOPLE ARE EQUAL,BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE MORE EQUAL THE OTHERS....
.....GAZA POEPLE MEAMS NOTHING IN NU ? ANS USA/?
 
Incidentally this is the quality of comments the Independent publishes on its website:
I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Most online newspapers have a comments section after their stories, and pretty much anything goes, no matter how ignorant.

Whenever the Washington Post publishes a story about the plight of the illegal immigrants in the DC area, the comments section becomes page after page of ugly racist invective that makes you wonder if universal enfranchisement is really such a good idea after all.
 
The Guardian seems to be able to moderate its comments effectively (even the videogame blog I read manages it). I also think that if a newspaper wants its online content to be taken seriously then they should apply the same standards to both online and offline content.
 
Whenever the Washington Post publishes a story about the plight of the illegal immigrants in the DC area, the comments section becomes page after page of ugly racist invective that makes you wonder if universal enfranchisement is really such a good idea after all.

The Washington Post comments section in general are a bunch of Left Wing Morons and Right Wing Morons yelling at each other. It is sort of surprising that a paper with the Post's stature would not exercise some control over it's forums.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom