• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Israeli Government Pays for filmmaker killing

E.J.Armstrong

Illuminator
Joined
Jan 4, 2002
Messages
3,806
'...In the largest financial settlement of its kind, Israel has paid $2.2-million to the family of British documentary filmmaker James Miller, slain by the IDF in Gaza while shooting the film that became the Emmy-winning A Death in Gaza. The only reason Israel appears to have paid was that Britain’s (Jewish) attorney general threatened to initiate proceedings in England that would bring the IDF soldiers who perpetrated the killing to justice. The possibility of its own troops being prosecuted in a foreign country was enough to get Israel’s attention especially in the aftermath of the Gaza war, when jurists and peace activists in several countries have contemplated war crimes trials against Israel. ...'

from
http://www.richardsilverstein.com/t...2-million-to-slain-british-filmmakers-family/

After the Israeli government encouraged its soldiers to go 'wild' in civilian areas it is time for the perpetrators of all disproportionate killings of civilians both Palestinian and foreign to be brought to justice in other countries as the evidence shows it won't happen in Israel.

Hopefully a referral to the ICC will soon follow and justice will be done at long last.
 
How many Hamas have they "initiated proceedings" on in England?
 
How many Hamas have they "initiated proceedings" on in England?

I'm with Beerina.

I just want to know if the people complaining about the killing can be construed to treat Israeli actions and Palestinian actions differently. If so I'll call them hypocrites, because as soon as I do that then Israel is magically off the hook for killing journalists.

I would appreciate it if this could be the new topic of the thread.
 
'...In the largest financial settlement of its kind, Israel has paid $2.2-million to the family of British documentary filmmaker James Miller, slain by the IDF in Gaza while shooting the film that became the Emmy-winning A Death in Gaza. The only reason Israel appears to have paid was that Britain’s (Jewish) attorney general threatened to initiate proceedings in England that would bring the IDF soldiers who perpetrated the killing to justice. The possibility of its own troops being prosecuted in a foreign country was enough to get Israel’s attention especially in the aftermath of the Gaza war, when jurists and peace activists in several countries have contemplated war crimes trials against Israel. ...'

from
http://www.richardsilverstein.com/t...2-million-to-slain-british-filmmakers-family/

After the Israeli government encouraged its soldiers to go 'wild' in civilian areas it is time for the perpetrators of all disproportionate killings of civilians both Palestinian and foreign to be brought to justice in other countries as the evidence shows it won't happen in Israel.

Hopefully a referral to the ICC will soon follow and justice will be done at long last.
How did the Brits plan to pick up the soldiers? I would find it interesting, though very unlikely,that they would try coming to get them. I assume the Brits tried for an accidental wrongful death and Israel went along. Sorry they did since if the idiot had not been making propaganda for Hamas he would not have been in a war zone, but........
 
Last edited:
H Sorry they did since if the idiot had not been making propaganda for Hamas he would not have been in a war zone, but........

WTF? :mad:

The more I watch these debates, the more I start to lose respect for my fellow man (and poster).
 
So it costs $2.2 million to kill a film director. Maybe we could we get up a collection for the Israelis to do Michael Moore and Oliver Stone?

Maybe I'll set up a PayPal site...
 
Last edited:
So it costs $2.2 million to kill a film director. Maybe we could we get up a collection for the Israelis to do Michael Moore and Oliver Stone?

Maybe I'll set up a PayPal site...

.........

(No, Lone! Do not join the light side... it doesn't have evil pie)
 
I can't help but hope Oliver Stone will get into a car accident and permanantly lock his creativety to what it was in 1994.
 
Yeah, Uwe Boll is far worse than Oliver Stone. JFK was at least watchable.
 
After the Israeli government encouraged its soldiers to go 'wild' in civilian areas it is time for the perpetrators of all disproportionate killings of civilians both Palestinian and foreign to be brought to justice in other countries as the evidence shows it won't happen in Israel.

Hopefully a referral to the ICC will soon follow and justice will be done at long last.
IDF soldiers were never encouraged to 'go wild'. Cease with the slander already.

And you're quoting disproportionate from what angle? Legal? If legal, there's no basis for it.

As to the case payout, I wonder what the public reaction would be if a bedoin from the IDF unit responsible for this incident were to be put on trial.

You guys do realize this wasn't an Israeli Jew. Sorry to take the wind out of your sails guys.
 
I'm with Beerina.

I just want to know if the people complaining about the killing can be construed to treat Israeli actions and Palestinian actions differently. If so I'll call them hypocrites, because as soon as I do that then Israel is magically off the hook for killing journalists.

I would appreciate it if this could be the new topic of the thread.

Sorry. If you want to start a new thread on a different topic go and start one.

Are you also saying that no-one can critise the governemnt of Israel while therrorist organisations are terrorising people or that Israel does not have to obey the law until Hamas does? That seems to be a common statement by people who support the Israeli government. Why do you think the Israeli government should be held to the standards of Hamas?
 
How did the Brits plan to pick up the soldiers? I would find it interesting, though very unlikely,that they would try coming to get them. I assume the Brits tried for an accidental wrongful death and Israel went along. Sorry they did since if the idiot had not been making propaganda for Hamas he would not have been in a war zone, but........

Wow. Are you supporting murder here?

Since when can people be murdered at the whim of the IDF? Is that legal where you come from?

We all know the Israeli government doesn't want people to see what they are doing. I guess this is one of the reasons why. Luckily the net is closing in world wide on the killers and people who commit crimes against humanity within Israel and Palestine.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom