• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Obama doesn't have to do much to succeed

Thunder

Banned
Joined
Nov 18, 2006
Messages
34,918
Lets be honest folks. Bush screwed up...soooooo badly..that all Obama has to do..is NOT screw up as much as Bush..and his presidency will be considered a success.

Bush left Obama such a hole to dig out of. Just get us out of this hole..and the people will love him. Bush did sooo many stupid things....that all Obama has to do..is just be a wee bit better than old Georgy..and we will be greatfull.

Never before has a new President been left with soo many challenges..and never before has a new President been left with such a low bar for achievement.

:D
 
Last edited:
I'm inclined to agree.

If in 4 years we still stand as a Nation, he'll likely get 4 more years to run things.

If he even makes a fair attempt to do many of the things he has stated he will do, he will likely end his terms with high marks.

If he doesn't screw up!

IMHO there is so much riding on his shoulders. Both for our country, and his race. I suspect any hint of scandal will be viewed not only as a strike against him, but for the whole race. It's not fair, but it's what I think will happen. And I suspect there are many just waiting for him to screw up so they can start the "I told ya so"s.

I hope at some point he will become just the President. I'm afraid he will always be viewed as the first black President. His mistakes won't be the President's mistakes, they will be the first black President's mistakes.

I hope I'm wrong.
 
When Obama is done spending this years 1.6 trillion dollar deficit, has nothing to show for it and asks for more next year, in any sane universe, he'll be done. Written off as a failed president only halfway through his one term.

Unless some new leftist superstar starts rising through the democratic partys ranks he'll still have the old media in his back pocket though.
 
When Obama is done spending this years 1.6 trillion dollar deficit, has nothing to show for it and asks for more next year, in any sane universe, he'll be done. Written off as a failed president only halfway through his one term.

Unless some new leftist superstar starts rising through the democratic partys ranks he'll still have the old media in his back pocket though.

Wow, folks, we have Rush Limbaugh right here in our midst!

How does it feel to have to be the lone person showing hatred for America?
 
Lets not forget that by any sane observaton that Bush is also a criminal. There was nothing presidential about his administration. Petty tyrants at best. With luck Bush will get to know well the inside of a prison cell.
 
What are your arguments?

Unless Obama does something truly spectacular with the 1.6 trillion dollar deficit, if he just fritters it away with the usual type of pork-barrel earmarking we've come to loathe from the US congress and senate, then he will be a complete and utter failure as a leader.

Perhaps even the Worst President Ever™.
 
Unless Obama does something truly spectacular with the 1.6 trillion dollar deficit, if he just fritters it away with the usual type of pork-barrel earmarking we've come to loathe from the US congress and senate, then he will be a complete and utter failure as a leader.

Perhaps even the Worst President Ever™.

So if he does the same as the previous Presidents, he'll be the worst. Got it.
 
So if he does the same as the previous Presidents, he'll be the worst. Got it.

How many previous presidents have run 13 digit deficits?

At the very least, he's sent a message to future leaders that they can run 1.5 trillion dollar deficits and not be as bad as Obama.

No nation, not even the mighty United States, can survive like this.

Worst President Ever™
 
Last edited:
Lets be honest folks. Bush screwed up...soooooo badly..that all Obama has to do..is NOT screw up as much as Bush..and his presidency will be considered a success.


"Lowering expectations" is officially a GO.

Hope and Change, not so much is now redefined to be a success.
 
Meh.

Our expectations are always base don the president's predecessor.

My expectation for Bush was that he wasn't going to get a blowjob in the Oval Office. Expectation met. I did not know he was going to get us into a preemptive war.

My expectation for Obama is that he's not going to get us into a preemptive war. I'm pretty sure he;ll meet that expectation.

I'm also pretty sure Obama will do things I don't expect. Some of them I may not even like. My expectation for Obama's successor will be that he doesn't do the things that Obama did that I didn't like (whatever they may be).
 
I actually think its disloyal, un-American, and somewhat seditious to wish failure on a President who hasn't even gotten through his first week, especially considering that failure at this juncture will only complete the seemingly-intentional destruction of the Union begun by the previous Administration. I never wished Bush failure, but I criticized his failures when they happened, which is how it is supposed to happen. More proof that many conservatives are actually enemies of the United States.
 
I'm inclined to agree.

If in 4 years we still stand as a Nation, he'll likely get 4 more years to run things.

If he even makes a fair attempt to do many of the things he has stated he will do, he will likely end his terms with high marks.

Alternatively, he can get stuffed on his two biggest initiatives, ala Clinton and massive tax increases (BTU tax anyone?) and nationalization of medicine, then luck into another Internet-style boom.

Or maybe not. That's my working theory. Don't argue against it, just file it away and see what happens, then Monday-morning quarterback why you were wrong in 2004.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom