1. This is not science, it's a linguistics question, and a trick question at that. I happen to speak Caspian, and in that language, the words pronounced "temperature" and "heat" both mean "quince farmer" (the former a male farmer, the second a widowed female farmer). But they are written in a different alphabet.
2. This depends on your perspective. From a rest perspective, of course not. But if viewed from a distance, then distance x force = work, which is in Newtons, the same as energy. It all depends on how far away you stand.
3. Sometimes yes, or sometimes no. Is she a blonde or a brunette?
4. Hah! I knew you'd try to slip a wind tunnel question in here somehow. I keep telling you, a treadmill is not a kite!
5. This totally depends on the union rules in the shop.
6. There is no combustion energy in gasoline. That's the wrong preposition. "Among" gasoline, perhaps, or "between" gasoline. Therefore the engine will always be more than 100% efficient.
7. I know the answer to this, but I cannot divulge it unless you have a security clearance.
8. Who is this Ben? Franklin? He probably needs electrical energy to move the box, and we don't know what kinds of devices he has for converting what he has to what he needs. Meanwhile, the box has zero KE to start. I suppose with a treadmill, you can claim that it can move 5 meters without going anywhere. Makes things conveniently simple, if only it were true.
9. Mmm hmm. Another trick question. Be more specific. One is dropped onto the rim of a crater, the other is at the same height, but over the center of the crater, I suppose. If a tree falls on the moon, and there is nobody around to hear it, does the lumberjack make a sound when he screams because it hits him on the head?
10. I watched the moon landing on TV, in 1969. Walter Cronkite was announcing, and he had gravitas, and that's more important. I also almost saw Cronkite when his yacht was parked next to my cousin's sailboat when he was married on the deck (but not by the captain, since he was the captain). And let me tell you, no matter what those two boats did, they always had bow waves.
11. Object? Yes, I do! I object!
12. Why is she jumping off a chair in the first place. Probably using LSD and thinks she can fly. Which is higher? I'd say Susan herself is the prime candidate for that honor!
13. No, she appears to be weightless because she's a damn anorexic! They're everywhere, even in space now. Somebody get that girl some twinkies or something!
14. The floor exerts no upward force on her feet, it exerts an upward force on her shoes. There's no way you can ever get those stiletto heels off of that slut.
15. Slowing down? We already had question #9 about feathers speeding up, and now this. Why would you want to slow down anyway. It's already pretty slow. Mine is motionless, it's trapped in my sleeping bag. How do you get down off an elephant? You don't, you get down off a duck!
16. Juan doesn't go around corners. He just sits in the parking lot in his low-rider Chevy, bouncing up and down. Yeah, he's accelerating, all right. Vertically.
17. Uh, didn't we already cover this? Earth in motion, etc? Is this track around the north or south pole? More information is needed! Or next you'll tell me that she wasn't really on a track at all, it was just ynot's ridiculous turntable! And why is she wasting her time doing this, doesn't she have a map?
18. What does this even mean? How can the floor stand on my tiptoes, and if it did, then it would be greater than what? And there is no force between my feet. Small animals sometimes, but not a force.
19. I have had jobs in both of these environs, and although both were generally pretty relaxed, sometimes there was pressure. How much depended on whether my coworkers were jerks. And believe me, when you're working cheek by jowl with somebody at the bottom of a 10 m deep well that's 1 m in diameter, it's difficult to be forgiving.
20. Put it in the water, put it in a sink, put it in another sink. So what?
21. The insect will never hit the windshield. The laminar flow is going the wrong way and will accelerate the insect out of harm's way. Nice try.
22. She throws a ball in the air? What is she, some kind of enchanted fairy? Balls are thrown in ballrooms. They're all over the TV tonight. Oh, look Barack Obama just showed up at Susan's Inaugural Air Ball! I don't think so...
23. No, friction provides the means of keeping spork's fallacious cart in place on the treadmill. Which is not a kite. We've covered this already.
24. We don't know which way the car is traveling when it hits the tree. It could be in reverse. That changes the force balance, doesn't it now? For all we know, the car might have fallen off a cliff and is landing on the tree from above!
25. Did you ever really think about the word "floor". Floor, floor, floor. Doesn't look like it should be pronounced that way. What a weird word.
26. Oh, here's Ben again. Isn't it great how people in these science quizzes can just travel off to distant planets as easily as if they were going down to the corner store to get some kumquats?
27. Should be the same in all frames, so I'll choose the conditions. I'll pick just a hair above the freezing point, with really low humidity. So the smaller amount of water has a greater ratio of surface area to volume, and the latent heat of vaporization will lower the temperature of that one more than the larger one, causing it to freeze, and assume a crystalline form with a lower density. Huh? Huh? Pretty good, right? Or I could easily show the opposite (the proof is left as an exercise for the reader), so the question is indeterminate. QED.
28. Iron can, okay, I have one. People call them tin cans, but they're really made of iron. Or more accurately, steel, which ironically is a purer form of iron than iron. Now I've filled it with gas. This is really a bad idea, you're supposed to keep gas in a jerry can. What am I supposed to do with this again? Hang on, let me put out my cigarette.
Yikes!
Ow!
Damn!
29. A cloud's mass consists mainly of hang glider pilots who are in clear violation of FAR Part 103, as far as I can tell. Probably spork.
30. Need more information. What is the charge of the nucleus? The sun has only one component, so are we talking about hydrogen? And with so many electrons, the question should be asking about an ion. Fix the question and I'll get back to it.
31. How can there be two different flows in opposite directions. It all depends on the history of the temperature. Heat has a velocity, which cannot accelerate without a thermal force. The question is meaningless.
32. Define "almost". And please resolve the koan about "filled with empty".
33. Again I see through your flimsy subterfuge. No matter how I answer this, you will come back with some folderol about what happens what the car strikes the lightning instead. The lightning seeks ground. It is special, and universal.
34. Don't you mean holes?
35. Never send a woman to repair an automobile. This sort of thing always happens. But the outcome depends on the locality. In some, this is not a capital offence, and where it is, the jurists may be able to choose between electrocution, or lethal injection, gas chamber, guillotine, burning at the stake, piranhas, etc. In Jane's case, I'd recommend burning at the stake, because my neighbor told me that she's a witch.
36. Sigh. And next you'll ask what happens if the light bulb is moved through a stationary pool of electrons, I suppose. It is not the same! We have proved this repeatedly!
37. Yeah. There are a lot of things in a cubic meter, with room to spare. What's your point?
38. I refuse to answer this without consulting my attorney. I know my rights.
39. What? Hello? I can't even think with that damn music playing!
40. This seems so redundant. A kid will sound like a chipmunk when he breathes helium, and you gotta figure that a mole will sound that way normally, but it's hard to tell, because they're pretty laconic. Maybe we can get a gopher, that should be close enough. Okay, so he's singing. Pretty high, I imagine. And then the other one is playing lead, I guess that's supposed to mean lead guitar. We're still going to need maybe a rhythm guitar, definitely bass and drums, and one more mole on keyboards would be great. What was the question again?