That is because of the way you use them. Here's an example:
"The torque delivered to the propeller is in opposition to the wheel, so there can be little load, and therefore no axle motion."
It sounds like you are saying "there is no load across a voltage, so there will be no current flow", which does not equate to a mechanical system.
I was not making an analogue there, Mender, but I will. In the simplifying case, toruqe is a linearly related to current, and so to force. The gears reverse or 'reflect' these currents so as to be in opposition, and much of the expected heat (work) produced would all be
within the cart. There is no significant equivalent voltage (velocity) being developed, suggesting that the work being done is very low, or at least inefficiently employed.
There is also the matter of reactive (complex) loads, where energy is stored. Inductance needs no voltage to sustain a current. The mechanical analogues can include mass and other storage mechanisms, such a springs and propeller torsion tubes.
I've noticed this quite a few times. Mechanical systems are not the same as electrical systems, and trying to apply the same logic to energy flows will result in bizarre term useage, statements that don't make sense, flawed reasoning, etc. and will prevent you from ever understanding what the cart is really doing while on the road and on the treadmill.
No, they are
very close, Mender. Perhaps only "ground" is the exception, but that is notional anyway.
Both mechanical and electrical devices can be described by a set of differential equations, so it
should be possible to convert from one to the other. Because electricity is abstract as far as we humans are concerned, a system of notation was developed to describe it. It need not only apply to electrical devices. It is extremely useful.
As part of one project, I helped develop a low voltage DC/DC converter to take 1v and 12 amps to a more usable 13.8v and .8 amps. It started at about 80% efficiency and ended up at 91%, with a little room for more but was good enough. I initially had to come up with mechanical analogues to understand how it worked so I could think of ways to improve the performance. It was different enough from my normal way of thinking to stump me at first but with the help of a professor of EE (the designer of the circuit), I was able to get it and improve it.
Yes, I got the idea that you worked in that field when you mentioned regenerative braking, but that is what I am suggesting. If you can work one way, why not the other ? Yes, 80/85% is typical for a good design, and 91% is an improvement!
You have a number of people here who would like very much to help you get this, but you have to listen to what they say rather than argue. You've come close a few times but then you take off again on a rant.
I know, Mender, I understand and appreciate that, but what you are
all doing, is mixing the figurative withe real. If I demonstrate
real physical errors, that seems to have little effect, because the figurative always wins.