• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

CUPE calls for ban on Israeli professors

I hope you trust the 6 guys with a collective IQ of 8 who would form the military under your plan.

Military would be the one exemption. Didn't you read Heinlein?

In fact, he goes further. You must earn the right to vote by military service. If you aren't willing to defend freedom, you should have no say in how the government is run.

And it's damned hard to argue with that.


So...no. The military will be fine since they can vote.
 
I, for one, would be quite interested to know what the rank-and-file membership of CUPE thinks of what its president is proposing. I suspect most would want him to spend more time focusing on the negotiating of collective bargaining agreements and other issues directly related to the union membership and less time focusing on international politics.

Of course, perhaps I'm mistaken in that assessment. If there are any CUPE members who post here, please feel free to offer your views on the matter.



Government employee unions and politicians: It's not conspiracy to rob because it's done out in the open.
 
Military would be the one exemption. Didn't you read Heinlein?
No, I think I may be the only member of this forum who doesn't read sci-fi. I have, however, read "Finnegans Wake" from beginning to beginning 5 times.:D

In fact, he goes further. You must earn the right to vote by military service. If you aren't willing to defend freedom, you should have no say in how the government is run.

And it's damned hard to argue with that.


So...no. The military will be fine since they can vote.
Ah well, I guess as long as my vote is assured I shouldn't complain.
 
Last edited:
Military would be the one exemption. Didn't you read Heinlein?

In fact, he goes further. You must earn the right to vote by military service. If you aren't willing to defend freedom, you should have no say in how the government is run.

And it's damned hard to argue with that.


So...no. The military will be fine since they can vote.

Actually, no, it's not hard at all.
 
PS: I flew that flag in your sig during the 2006 war with Hizb'allah! :D

You should be ashamed of yourself. It wasn't a war with 'Hizb'allah!' it was a systematic premeditated wrecking of the whole of Lebanon.

lebanon-map-jul12-aug06.jpg


Wrecking a whole country on the excuse of TWO kidnapped soldiers? Don't patronise us by calling it a 'war' or claiming it was justified.

Israel has an aggressive violent Zionist government that's usual response is to use slaughter and destruction against anyone that it doesn't like.

It's like a big vicious thug who walks down the street kicking anyone in the head repeatedly who looks at it the wrong way, and then pathetically claims self defense.

People who support that agenda should be ashamed of themselves.
 
In fact, he goes further. You must earn the right to vote by military service. If you aren't willing to defend freedom, you should have no say in how the government is run.

And it's damned hard to argue with that.

Only if you haven't a brain.

What kind of twisted thinking equates military service exclusively with defending freedom?



People have little say in how the government is run anyway. So why put your life ion the line for the benefit of some extremist political agenda that will allow power and profit from someone else?
 
Wrecking a whole country on the excuse of TWO kidnapped soldiers? Don't patronise us by calling it a 'war' or claiming it was justified.

The whole of Lebanon wasn't wrecked - in fact, infrastructure was largely left intact. Hezbollah did have a presence throughout Lebanon, though. Why you think your graph demonstrates anything beyond that escapes me. And the war was not simply in response to two kidnapped soldiers - you have conveniently ignored the role of Hezbollah's rocket attacks in the conflict. Not surprising that you would ignore that, though. In fact, such an oversight is only to be expected from you.
 
The great thing about a Canadian invasion of the USA is that nobody will notice:

--Mom, there's a mountie in every street corner!
--Beautiful uniform, aren't they?
--And why is the maple leaf flying instead of the Stars & Stripes at the local mall?
--Er... must be hockey season...

--HEY YOU! Will you give up your evil Republican ways and swear your undying allegiance to her highness Queen Elizabeth the Second, by the grace of God our royal sovereign?!
--I don't know. What does that mean?
--Er, nothing, really... it's just a kind of game we play up north...

--Honey, I'm filling out the taxes! Since when did the IRS move to O.. Otta... what's that city called?
--I have no idea. Must be a suburb of Washington where the rent is lower... just drop it off in the mail on the way to work, will you, dear?
 
The great thing about a Canadian invasion of the USA is that nobody will notice:

--Mom, there's a mountie in every street corner!
--Beautiful uniform, aren't they?
--And why is the maple leaf flying instead of the Stars & Stripes at the local mall?
--Er... must be hockey season...

--HEY YOU! Will you give up your evil Republican ways and swear your undying allegiance to her highness Queen Elizabeth the Second, by the grace of God our royal sovereign?!
--I don't know. What does that mean?
--Er, nothing, really... it's just a kind of game we play up north...

--Honey, I'm filling out the taxes! Since when did the IRS move to O.. Otta... what's that city called?
--I have no idea. Must be a suburb of Washington where the rent is lower... just drop it off in the mail on the way to work, will you, dear?

Oh dear!

:scared:
 
If Canada DOES invade the USA, the American population will become sharply divided: one half won't care, and the other won't notice...
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom