• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

9/11 Truth - By the Numbers

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I've always been good at statistics, and TAM gave me an opportunity to showcase my skills, and there's been a lot of trolling lately, so I said what the hell. Looking at the data, it's not quite what the debunker crowd would've wanted. In the education category, there was no statistically significant difference in the "twin towers" conspiracy in any of the two groups, even the bivariate relationship between postgraduate and less than high school diploma. A larger sampling size would've most likely given us a statistically significant difference. Maybe undergraduates majoring in a humanities might say 'somewhat likely' for the twins being bombs, considering universities, and the humanities colleges, are known to be notoriously liberal. But there was a statistically significant difference for the "Pentagon" conspiracy, confirming what everyone's been saying all along; the no Boeing 757 at the pentagon is the gutter of the 9/11 Truth movement. Unmarried people being more likely to believe in at least one conspiracy comes as no surprise, people with this kind of mindset don't typically do well in relationships.
 
Last edited:
What's in it for me?
That would depend on your goals.

* If you really want other people to believe your version of The Truth, then you should try and find some evidence for it.

* If you really don't want people to believe your version of The Truth, then you're doing a great job.

* If you don't give a damn either way, then I have to wonder why you bother writing all these posts about 9/11.
 
Um, how many times do I need to say: there is no evidence! How could there possibly be evidence? Even if one of the planes malfunctioned on 9/11, dropped in my back yard intact, and I could enter the cockpit and see that the plane was robotically controlled (or whatever) - how much time would I have to get this information out? And who would take my word over the government's? I would be just like the FBI whistle-blowers claiming that the hijacker patsies were being watched and protected...

As for what I want, very simple - freedom. For myself. That's it.
 
Last edited:
Um, how many times do I need to say: there is no evidence!
How many times? That again depends on your goals.

If you want me to nominate you for a Stundie, then once will suffice.

If, on the other hand, you want to convert me to your version of Truthism, then saying it a million times will not be sufficient.
 
Why would I want to convert anyone? You want to worship your government, fine: pay taxes to it, be regulated by it, fight wars for it, get planes hacked into your office (though thankfully too early in the morning for you to be there, statistically speaking). Etc. But I don't!
 
You want to worship your government, fine: pay taxes to it, be regulated by it, fight wars for it, get planes hacked into your office (though thankfully too early in the morning for you to be there, statistically speaking). Etc. But I don't!

And you think that pretending the planes crashing into offices were flown by someone other than the people who actually flew them will somehow prevent it happening to you?

Dave
 
Why would I want to convert anyone?
I assume that you do not. You wouldn't post such a lot of ridiculous crap if you wanted to convert people.

So what puzzles me, and what I have asked you, is what goal you do have in mind.

Do tell.
 
Why would I want to convert anyone? You want to worship your government, fine: pay taxes to it, be regulated by it, fight wars for it, get planes hacked into your office (though thankfully too early in the morning for you to be there, statistically speaking). Etc. But I don't!

You are deluded, very few here worship their govt and quite a lot are not even american and the majority would also not fight a war.

If the govt want to get you bad enough its going to happen, you would not be able to stop it, get over it. However, why would they bother with a nobody on an internet messageboard who says nothing?
 
Why would I want to convert anyone? You want to worship your government, fine: pay taxes to it, be regulated by it, fight wars for it, get planes hacked into your office (though thankfully too early in the morning for you to be there, statistically speaking). Etc. But I don't!

I don't pay taxes to the US Government, I'm not regulated by it, I don't fight wars for it, and a grand total of zero planes have hit office buildings in my country. How do I fit into your beliefs that debunkers are all US Government sheep?
 
I don't pay taxes to the US Government, I'm not regulated by it, I don't fight wars for it, and a grand total of zero planes have hit office buildings in my country. How do I fit into your beliefs that debunkers are all US Government sheep?
A close study of Truther rhetoric suggests that you don't exist.
 
And you think [contemplating the possibility that] the planes crashing into offices were flown by someone other than the people who [mommy government says] flew them will somehow prevent it happening to you?

FTFY.


So what puzzles me, and what I have asked you, is what goal you do have in mind.

Self-expression.

And, to quote Ron Paul, "let it not be said that we did nothing".


If the govt want to get you bad enough its going to happen, you would not be able to stop it, get over it.

It doesn't mean I have to like it.


How do I fit into your beliefs that debunkers are all US Government sheep?

Ah, yes, you're from down under (if you can say that about NZ), but I don't see what difference that makes.

All governments are one entity as far as I'm concerned.
 
Last edited:
Ah, yes, you're from down under, but I don't see what difference that makes.

All governments are one entity as far as I'm concerned.

Oh yeah...I remember hearing this.

Don't they meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado known only as...

:eek: S U S P E N S E :eek:

 
Ah, yes, you're from down under (if you can say that about NZ), but I don't see what difference that makes.

All governments are one entity as far as I'm concerned.

Which quckly shows how little you understand the world. Our last PM was almost rabidly anti-US and one of the first things her Govt did was scrap a deal with the US to buy F-16s off of them. Add that to our refusal to allow US Warships into our harbours or have our troops involved in conflicts such as Iraq with them, how do you defend that statment that "All governments are one entity" when quite clearly the US Government and the NZ Government have been poles apart in their positions to such a point that it has made the good things we'd like such as trade deals and the like extremely difficult?
 
All governments are one entity as far as I'm concerned.

Do you honestly believe that the Governments of Iran, Israel, Palastine, North Korea, Lybia, China, South Korea, the US, France, and Russia are all one entity?
 
This shows how little you understand of the world. There are minor frictions, sure, but ultimately the fight is fixed. Or do you think professional wrestling is real also?

Governments represent an illusion of order, but in reality they're just run by self-interested individuals, and holding on to power is their primary concerns. They have more to gain from cooperation than competition. The U.S. needs Kim Jong-il for our military presence in the region, and Mr Kim's whole power structure depends on keeping his people in fear of a U.S. invasion (you'll find plenty of North Korean TV clips online to see how that works). And of course that's probably the most extreme example, U.S. is N.Z.'s #2 export and #3 import partner. Different branches, same church.
 
Last edited:
To save Googling time.

For anyone interested in reading the report I believe it is here.

.aejmc.org/_scholarship/research_use/jmcq/07sum/stempel_text.pdf

Woof!
 
Unmarried people being more likely to believe in at least one conspiracy comes as no surprise, people with this kind of mindset don't typically do well in relationships.

Interesting take, that I should have thought of. So I now think the difference between married and singles COULD BE a combination of (A) Married people, in general, falling back to a safer position, and (B) People who actually believe in CT tripe not doing well in relationships.

TAM:)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom