RandFan
Mormon Atheist
- Joined
- Dec 18, 2001
- Messages
- 60,135
Wow. I hope that President Obama is willing to say the same things as Candidate Obama.
I hope so too.
Does that mean the Pledge of Allegiance is going to get it's much needed revision with the removal of the words "under God" ?
My favourite person from history is Galileo -- "Eppur si muove!"
I would suggest in my most humble opinion and as an outside that you don't get hung up on symbols.
Obama obviously did not think that wearing an American flag pin really meant anything but added one when the chattering classes started making their grunting noises,
My favourite person from history is Galileo -- "Eppur si muove!"
Well, I like what he is saying but I get your point and I agree.WOW.
I had never seen or heard that before. I am genuinely impressed, not because of what he is saying, but because it's being said by the next President of the United States.
Jesusland, indeed...
CT, could you elaborate and give us reason or evidence for your position? Opinions are fine but tossing them like grenades just to be polemic doesn't help much.Obama also gets that the NWO is what sets the agenda. He got it way better than McCain.
Hear-hear! This speech (will see the full version later) was soo wu wei.Well done.
I think that Secularists have shot themsleves in the foot a lot by attacks on religon so over the top that they come off as no better then the "religionists" they despise so much.
This is a much better approach.
1)didn't happen
2)Despite that you have to be impressed by his ability to steal credit from others. Galileo was a great PR guy. Scientist? So so.
'God' isn't a 'symbol' for most believers. He/she is a real entity that gives license for all kinds of sectarianist and prejudicial ideology.
The USA is not one nation under god. For a sizable portion of the population god does not exist. It should be removed from the Pledge of Allegiance. It doesn't mean that those who want to worship a god do not have to.
The beauty of secularism is that it provides not only "Freedom from Religion" it also provides "Freedom of Religion"
Both are equally important.
I hope so too.
Does that mean the Pledge of Allegiance is going to get it's much needed revision with the removal of the words "under God" ?
An attempt to remove the word from the Pledge or "In God we Trust" from your coinage would result in a huge battle. IMHO it would be wiser to make an effort to change things that actually have an impact on people.![]()