http://www.theage.com.au/national/scientologists-living-rentfree-in-one-of-victorias-grand-lodges-20080928-4por.html?page=3
I normally look at my state of Victoria, Australia as one of the more reasonably governed places around, but now find that Scientologists have been running a dubious drug treatment centre courtesy of taxpayers.
I know mainstream churches get tax breaks etc and religious schools get government funding, but to give these charlatans a leg up is outrageous, IMO.
Or am I going a bit over the top. Should I be giving them the benefit of the doubt and say to myself "at least they are trying to help druggies"?
I normally look at my state of Victoria, Australia as one of the more reasonably governed places around, but now find that Scientologists have been running a dubious drug treatment centre courtesy of taxpayers.
I know mainstream churches get tax breaks etc and religious schools get government funding, but to give these charlatans a leg up is outrageous, IMO.
Or am I going a bit over the top. Should I be giving them the benefit of the doubt and say to myself "at least they are trying to help druggies"?