• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Tap Click on Laptops - Do You Use It?

Tap Click on Laptops - Love it? Hate it?

  • Love Tap Click

    Votes: 37 39.4%
  • Hate Tap Click

    Votes: 37 39.4%
  • What's "Tap Click"

    Votes: 10 10.6%
  • On Planet X Tap Clicking is deadly

    Votes: 10 10.6%

  • Total voters
    94
I tap click unintentionaly. I have big Mongo, gorrilla hands. My hands are like sausages stuck into a mellon.

Every time I put my finger on the pad a message pops up telling me to "please only use one finger."

They'll take away my mouse when they pry it from my cold dead hands.
Speaking of which, I hate those mice that have the two thumb buttons on the side. I am always accidentaly cliking those buttons.

You don't know how many times I've typed out a 10 thousand word manifesto that deftly counters a post on this forum with heartlessly razor sharp logic only to have it dissappear and be replaced by a quick, succinct two word "you suck" reply because my fat sausage of thumb accidentally clicked on those damned mouse buttons.

Bah! Computer technology not Mongo friendly!
 
I thought there had to be 5 feet between the tapper and the clicker for these lap things.
 
I quite like the touchpad on my iBook. I tap click fairly often, and I use the two-finger scrolling constantly.

In fact I'm going to tap-click "Post Quick Reply" now just because. :)
 
I love the tap-click feature on my laptop.

As my laptop is overdue for replacement, tap-click si something that has made my list of "laptop must have it or don't buy it".

It drives my nuts when I use my sister's Mac laptop to make something work for her.
I am too used to being able to tap, that having to click the button is annoying.

Oh, and on HP laptops, there is a little button that disables the touchpad. Useful when typing. Another "must have or don't buy" feature for me.
 
Thinkpad Ultranav.
Best. Pointing device. Ever.

So long as you disable the touchpad and only use the "nipple"

Seconded. Fist thing I do with a new one is disable the touchpad - useless piece of crap.

I've always called that thing the "pencil eraser". Its "nipple" for me from here on out!
 
I love the tap-click feature on my laptop.

As my laptop is overdue for replacement, tap-click si something that has made my list of "laptop must have it or don't buy it".

It drives my nuts when I use my sister's Mac laptop to make something work for her.
I am too used to being able to tap, that having to click the button is annoying.

Oh, and on HP laptops, there is a little button that disables the touchpad. Useful when typing. Another "must have or don't buy" feature for me.
Apple's have an awesome touchpad, with great tap-click features.

It's just not turn on by default.

Next time, go to the System Preferences:Keyboard & Mouse:Trackpad, and activate "Use two fingers to scroll", "clicking" and "tap trackpad sing two fingers for secondary click" AKA right-click. The latter one is great, and beats a second trackpad button by a light year.

For the accidental activation, Mac OS X has the "Ignore accidental trackpad input" option. I don't know how they do it, but it works pretty well. I can't recall any accidental trackpad incident since I have the MacBook.
 
Last edited:
I've always called it the G-spot. Because it's a spot, and it's near the letter G. But I've also heard it referred to as the clitmouse.
While I must admit I prefer the more poetic "clitmouse", I will have little opportunity to use it. I'd be in a "sensitivity awareness" session before the meeting was over. I think I can make "nipple" fly, though.
 
I hate it and disarmed it immediately on mine, along with just about all the other special features.

My laptop has both touchpad and eraserheadclitmouse, and I prefer the eraserclit, except that it has always had a habit of drifting after a while. The only way to stop it is to use the touchpad for a moment then tap it (works with tap turned off, don't ask why cuz I don't know!), so I leave both enabled.
 
Last edited:
I don't use it. I don't hate it and I certainly don't love it. So Planet X for me.

What makes a man turn neutral?
 
I hate it, but I've never had the presence of mind to find out if it can be disabled. Now I will. (Thanks again JREF forum).

In theory, it's a great idea and with a bit of practice it should save some time. However, since I'm usually using the laptop for remotely managing servers I daren't risk even the occasional slip.
 
Interesting. I voted "what is tap-click". Then I tried it (I'm doodling away time in hotel-room in China). My laptop has it (IBM T43). Only it should be "bash-click". Certainly no risk of activating it accidentially.

Never use the silly pad anyway. I have a small cheap USB mouse I bring anywhere, - or in a tight spot, I use the little red clitoris-button in the keyboard.

Hans
 
I've always called it the G-spot. Because it's a spot, and it's near the letter G. But I've also heard it referred to as the clitmouse.

Clearly, both are totally inappropriate terms, the thing is much too easy to find.



ETA: And what have you just done to your avatar, H3LL?
 
Last edited:
I used taping exclusively on my old laptop many years ago (the click button was broken so I didn't have a choice). Now I mostly use the clicker except during meetings. Some games can be tap intensive and would cause a distraction.
 
ETA: And what have you just done to your avatar, H3LL?

I'm involved with dglas' on-line 1st edition AD&D, originally suggested on these forums. That's my Dwarf Cleric, apparently about to show the girl the biggest weapon she has laid eyes upon.

Do you think I should change it back?

;)

.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom