• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Obama could announce VP on Wednesday

It's possible all these guys self-vetted.
It's also possible they announced they had no intention just to get people to think they may have been otherwise considered. I can imagine an aide running into Obama's office saying "Strickland announced he doesn't want to be your Veep!" and Obama saying "I'm sorry... who?"

I'm announcing right now. I am taking myself out of consideration to be any candidate's Veep!
 
For a few hourse CNN was excited about Chet Edwards a Democratic House member from Texas, but now they seemed to be downplaying it after Edwards admitted that Obama has not spoken to him. Seems to me if you were a serious contender Obama would have has at least one face to face conversation.
 
Hell, this whole thing just puts me further into "Let's Bring back announcing it the last day of the convention" camp.
 
One day? Are you sure you are not overreacting?
Which planet's day are you using? It became common knowledge that he had decided on Wednesday. It's becoming fairly clear he won't announce today. Even if he does, that's more than one day, by my calculations.
 
I'm not sure why Joe "Kinnock" Biden is being mentioned because surely Obama is going to make a better choice than that? The Bayh bumper stickers could be a decoy. I think it will be a boring white guy, just not sure which one :)
 
I still hope it's Sebelius. If it's an old, white guy, I am going to be very disappointed.
 
Cable news is officially dumb. They got played by Obama big time with this "Will he announce today? This minute? Next minute? Right after he takes a shower?" This is garnering nonstop coverage and it's ridiculous. It's seriously getting worse than the OJ Simpson trial days. And the worst part is that when he announces it's going to be boring and in a few days no one will care about "The Great Obama VP Pick of 2008".
 
I'm going to make a bold VP prediction:

No matter who Obama picks, of any of the 6.5 billion humans on Earth, Brainster, Kallsop and BAC will declare that it was the UTTERLY, WORST POSSIBLE CHOICE AND THEY'RE LAUGHING OUT LOUD BECAUSE OBAMA JUST PICKED THE ONE VP THAT COULD SINK HIS CANDIDACY!!!!!

Seriously. Obama could hire a necromancer and summon Thomas Jefferson from the dead to run as VP, and they would say "OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE HE WALKED RIGHT INTO MCCAIN'S TRAP! THE DEMOCRATS HAVE TO BE GROANING RIGHT NOW! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Let's see if I'm right!
 
WaPo and NY Times say that Bayh and Kaine have been told it's not them, which leaves Biden if you believe that it was those 3. Or a surprise pick.
 
No matter who Obama picks, of any of the 6.5 billion humans on Earth, Brainster, Kallsop and BAC will declare that it was the UTTERLY, WORST POSSIBLE CHOICE AND THEY'RE LAUGHING OUT LOUD BECAUSE OBAMA JUST PICKED THE ONE VP THAT COULD SINK HIS CANDIDACY!!!!!


If you look a few posts above, you'll see I picked Biden as the worst of the short list before the choice was confirmed, and also that he was going to pick a boring white guy that doesn't add to the ticket. Biden is a good attack dog though and he's going to do the dirty work and take one for the team. I think that's his role on the ticket.

Thanks for caring about my opinion though.
 
If you look a few posts above, you'll see I picked Biden as the worst of the short list before the choice was confirmed, and also that he was going to pick a boring white guy that doesn't add to the ticket. Biden is a good attack dog though and he's going to do the dirty work and take one for the team. I think that's his role on the ticket.

Thanks for caring about my opinion though.
Why do you consider Biden "the worst of the short list"? Most people, including many conservative commentators, disagree with you. What are your reasons? Or was it just because Biden was considered the favorite, so he must be the worst?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom