• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

DOC's Proof of Christianity Through Irrelavent Fact Attrition

Huh! Like I said, sometimes you just have to admit you were mistaken and get it over with. We all make mistakes.
I'll explain a bit more clearly.

Do you think an agnostic is more christian or more atheist?
Does an agnostic do things in god's name? Can an agnostic, if they are unconvinced of his existence?

No matter which way you cut it, the greatest philanthropists in america do not believe in god. By your admission, you therefore believe their actions to be bad.
 
false statement #5

"DOC believes that nations with higher atheist populations have higher suicide rates (even when the data proves otherwise)"

This is false. I have yet to see any evidence that refutes the evidence that I presented regarding overall higher suicide rates in atheists countries. If I ever get the time, I'll go hunting for the clear evidence I presented several times.
 
False statement #6

"DOC believes Native Americans are better off because of christian europeans"

This implies "all" Native Americans are better off which I never said or believe so your statement is false.

If you would have said "Doc believes there are almost no wars going on in the Western Hemisphere now unlike the numerous tribal wars that were occurring before the Europeans arrived" you would have been right. Also I mentioned the many thousands yearly that were killed by the human sacrifice of the Aztecs. This is why many Indians actually joined up with the Spaniards to fight the Aztecs.
 
False statement #7

"DOC quote mines to missrepresent history"

You won't be able to show one quote I've brought in from in my 1800 posts that misrepresents history. Your statement is false.

Although If you would have put Leo Pffefer's name (from the Jefferson thread) in your statement in place of mine you might have been correct.
 
Last edited:
"DOC believes that nations with higher atheist populations have higher suicide rates (even when the data proves otherwise)"

This is false. I have yet to see any evidence that refutes the evidence that I presented regarding overall higher suicide rates in atheists countries. If I ever get the time, I'll go hunting for the clear evidence I presented several times.
DOC, you keep forgetting that the internet is easily sourceable.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3534620&postcount=623

You were presented with information that refutes your claim. You just ignored it. Closing your eyes and pretending something doesn't exist doesn't count.

Now, please don't claim that you "found problems with the first set of data, therefore everything else is bad..." Ocelot and myself both accepted this criticism and used alternative data sources. Ocelot used data from a christian source and even went so far as to test correllary issues (if suicide decreased with increasing christianity, or religion) No correllation was found. %atheism doesn't correlate to suicide.

I used data from an atheism website (which had much higher numbers for % atheists per country) This was to directly address your claim that the previous numbers for % atheism( that I obtained from a christian site) were too low.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3533395&postcount=622


In all these analyses, there was no trend. Atheism doesn't scale with suicide.
 
"DOC believes Native Americans are better off because of christian europeans"

This implies "all" Native Americans are better off which I never said or believe so your statement is false.

If you would have said "Doc believes there are almost no wars going on in the Western Hemisphere now unlike the numerous tribal wars that were occurring before the Europeans arrived" you would have been right. Also I mentioned the many thousands yearly that were killed by the human sacrifice of the Aztecs. This is why many Indians actually joined up with the Spaniards to fight the Aztecs.
DOC, I don't even need to source anything in this one. Your bending of context is proof of my whole argument. Your followup statement supports my position.
 
"DOC believes that nations with higher atheist populations have higher suicide rates (even when the data proves otherwise)"

This is false. I have yet to see any evidence that refutes the evidence that I presented regarding overall higher suicide rates in atheists countries. If I ever get the time, I'll go hunting for the clear evidence I presented several times.

Don't you mean "this is true"?

Hunt all you want. We've come to understand that to you, "evidence" is anything that says what you want it to say.
 
"DOC believes Native Americans are better off because of christian europeans"

This implies "all" Native Americans are better off which I never said or believe so your statement is false.

If you would have said "Doc believes there are almost no wars going on in the Western Hemisphere now unlike the numerous tribal wars that were occurring before the Europeans arrived" you would have been right. Also I mentioned the many thousands yearly that were killed by the human sacrifice of the Aztecs. This is why many Indians actually joined up with the Spaniards to fight the Aztecs.

You originally made a naive and historically ignorant statement about how the arrival of Christian Europeans had brought peace to the Americas. This statement was ridiculously unsupportable in the face of centuries of bloody warfare. Your broad-brush statement about "numerous tribal wars" suggests that you are painting the Native Americans as a bunch of savages who did little but kill one another until the morally superior Europeans arrived. The truth is that the American Natives did engage in wars. They also engaged in commercial trade and cultural exchange. Many pre-Columbian American nations lived in peace with their neighbors, practicing diplomacy and politics in their foreign policy rather than war. The truth is that the American Natives were humans who were no better and no worse than any other continent sized sample of humanity. Your focus on the negative aspects of Native American culture is at best ignorance and at worst bigotry. The Native Americans were certainly no more violent than the Europeans who forcibly displaced them.
 
"DOC quote mines to missrepresent history"

You won't be able to show one quote I've brought in from in my 1800 posts that misrepresents history. Your statement is false.

Although If you would have put Leo Pffefer's name (from the Jefferson thread) in your statement in place of mine you might have been correct.

DOC, you said that Europeans brought peace to the Americas, then gave some information about some bad things that happened in pre-Columbian American cultures. You completely ignored the fact that those events were not representative of the whole of American cultures encountered by Europeans and ignored the centuries of bloody warfare that the Europeans brought with them. That sounds like quote mining to me.
 
[...] The Native Americans were certainly no more violent than the Europeans who forcibly displaced them.

But the Europeans did it in the name of gawd and to spread their peace-loving religion, so that's okay then (for people like DOC).

As for the rest of the three latest posts by DOC, everybody who followed those threads knows quite well that the three "False statement #5, #6, #7" posts above are not truthful.
 
Last edited:
That isn't YOU defining life. That is YOU posting someone else's definition of life.
If you were a student, you would clearly fail this assignment.

But it's fun that you say this is the definition of life because as such, god isn't alive.

He's in good company with Protozoa then.

God, that is.
 
Last edited:
Foster Zygote
Originally Posted by DOC
"DOC believes Native Americans are better off because of christian europeans"

This implies "all" Native Americans are better off which I never said or believe so your statement is false.

If you would have said "Doc believes there are almost no wars going on in the Western Hemisphere now unlike the numerous tribal wars that were occurring before the Europeans arrived" you would have been right. Also I mentioned the many thousands yearly that were killed by the human sacrifice of the Aztecs. This is why many Indians actually joined up with the Spaniards to fight the Aztecs.
You originally made a naive and historically ignorant statement about how the arrival of Christian Europeans had brought peace to the Americas. This statement was ridiculously unsupportable in the face of centuries of bloody warfare. Your broad-brush statement about "numerous tribal wars" suggests that you are painting the Native Americans as a bunch of savages who did little but kill one another until the morally superior Europeans arrived. The truth is that the American Natives did engage in wars. They also engaged in commercial trade and cultural exchange. Many pre-Columbian American nations lived in peace with their neighbors, practicing diplomacy and politics in their foreign policy rather than war. The truth is that the American Natives were humans who were no better and no worse than any other continent sized sample of humanity. Your focus on the negative aspects of Native American culture is at best ignorance and at worst bigotry. The Native Americans were certainly no more violent than the Europeans who forcibly displaced them.

doc seems to imply that the Aztecs and Incas were the whole of native American society so therefore it was a wonderful thing that the Europeans invaded, he can't seem to grasp the concept of the differing tribes and cultures that existed

he seems to believe that the things he say's hold some kind of truth yet all he has done in the eyes of this Native American is prove what a racist piece of scum he really is

if your skin is a different shade from his then you are all the same so what might be true for one peoples is the truth for all
kind of like how all Europeans are the exact same peoples from one homogenous culture:rolleyes:
 
"DOC quote mines to missrepresent history"

You won't be able to show one quote I've brought in from in my 1800 posts that misrepresents history. Your statement is false.

Although If you would have put Leo Pffefer's name (from the Jefferson thread) in your statement in place of mine you might have been correct.
Ah DOC, This one is by far your most amusing lie. You are a habitual quote miner. FZ gave one example of such behavior. I think it would be best if others gave some more examples of this behavior.

I'll give one example here:
You've quoted me as saying "It is laughably absurd that life would come from a single solitary cell." You've used this as an example of my supposed not knowing what science says. In further discussions and clarifications, It was clear that my statement held true. That modern theory can not claim LUCA to be a single solitary cell. However, you've ignored these points and continue to use the quote inapporpriately. That is the pure definition of quote mining.

I know that example is not one regarding history, but I just wanted to show that you quote mine so often you seem to be unable to recognize it.
 
"DOC quote mines to missrepresent history"

You won't be able to show one quote I've brought in from in my 1800 posts that misrepresents history. Your statement is false.

Although If you would have put Leo Pffefer's name (from the Jefferson thread) in your statement in place of mine you might have been correct.


My turn!

Example #1

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=2731622#post2731622

Example #2

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=3409758#post3409758

And there are plenty more where those came from.
 
Total and utter BS Statement #1850

"DOC quote mines to missrepresent history"

You won't be able to show one quote I've brought in from in my 1800 posts that misrepresents history. Your statement is false.

Ooh! Can I play?

You can lie to some of the people some of the time

However, as joobz pointed out, "the internet is easily sourceable"


Just two of 22 threads started by you that clearly indicate that you are not only a pathological liar but also stupid beyond belief

Face it DOC, you're a fool to think/hope that you can pass off your distorted and deluded worldview as anything other than mythological, fantasy-based nonsense before honest and net-savvy sceptics
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom