Good Lt
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Aug 25, 2007
- Messages
- 1,498
Tangentially related:
I think the use of the word "(fill in the blank)fags" in these entries is purely a colloquialism of the subculture rather than a genuine "slur." The people who write these entries use the term quite loosely and about others (furfags, emofags, etc.). Think about how you might have used to speak with your high-school buddies. In my personal experience, PC didn't even exist in the high school I was brought up, and this kind of crude banter was rather common.
They'll grow out of it. Hopefully.
I think the use of the word "(fill in the blank)fags" in these entries is purely a colloquialism of the subculture rather than a genuine "slur." The people who write these entries use the term quite loosely and about others (furfags, emofags, etc.). Think about how you might have used to speak with your high-school buddies. In my personal experience, PC didn't even exist in the high school I was brought up, and this kind of crude banter was rather common.
They'll grow out of it. Hopefully.
