• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The case against Dr. Paul

I see it everywhere. I see it in the P2P filesharing like bittorent. I see it in youtube, in google's access to all human knowledge (ongoing). Here is a song I like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59-3i7EvBu8

Think of the world we're heading towards. Copyright and patent law are becoming irrelevant. We've been conditioned to believe they benefit society by rewarding innovation.

Should note it's almost as bad in Japan and Europe. By European companies.

Instead, they reward trolls who endlessly profit on work their grandfathers did. Or trolls that just managed to patent some obvious item first (ala software patents). Society loses out bigtime.[/quote

So people shouldn't be rewarded for their work? :rolleyes:

When does Mickey Mouse pass into the public domain? It's been close to 100 years, isn't that enough? What about The Beatles music -- they made it 40 years ago, and someone is still collecting $$$ on it. Isn't it time it passes into public ownership?

Yeah, some of them are even STILL alive! ... your point?

Videogames -- you can't legally sell a pacman game without paying someone a royalty. Ridiculous! Companies that innovated made their money, regardless of copyright and patents. Copyright and patents are just a legal monopoly, that effectively can be renewed endlessly.

See above point.

This is isn't fair, not by any means. People make that decision when they download copyrighted material, over whatever medium they can. Napster created 40 million downloaders, it taught them they can get music for free. 40 million people cannot be made criminals. Society has to adapt. The RIAA and MPAA are jokes, their efforts pathetic. They can't stem the tide.

The world is moving on. Warfare is out of style. Free markets, free exchange of knowledge are the way of the future. Commercial TV is not.

It's time for PREDICT THAT FUTURE!

You'll be able to get whatever videos you want, for free, real time, over the internet, no commercials. There's no stopping it. The giant propaganda machine of the traditional media is going away. Good riddance!

I should mention net neutrality battles now, but dream away~
 
this is the 1,000th reply to this thread.

that is all.

eta: dammit, i got snuck.
 
The case against Dr. Paul

He doesn't get enough votes. Below average marketing strategy.

DR
 
I find it amusing that dash,who claims to be such a strong advocate of the Free Market ,wants to destroy copyright and patents laws,which protects one of the basic rights in a Free Market Economy: The Legal Right of a creator to profit from his work.
dash just gets better and better in his total bizarrness.
 
Well, darn, I guess this means you'll never see my reply to your post touting the big 2% change in the U.S.-Canadian dollar exchange rate as if it was something monumental and extraordinary.

I'd actually go and find similar large changes in exchange rates (both in favour and against the U.S. dollar), but since you are apparently unwilling to engage in a discussion where someone takes a position contrary to your own, I guess you've spared me the trouble.

Someone quote post #978 so he'll see it.

Your wish is granted:

Big deal. The U.S.-Canadian exchange rate can vary considerably from day to day. Canadians are well aware of this, especially recently with the rise of the Cdn. dollar against the U.S.

Five years ago the Cdn. dollar was worth about $0.62 US. Back in November, it hit an all-time high of $1.10 US. Now it's back down to about parity, with fluctuations ranging between $0.98 US to $1.02 US for the most part.

Where it goes from here is open to debate.
 
Let's see if we have quote mine.

Title is nonreassuring.
Ron Paul misunderstands why you MIGHT want to restrain the economy, but I don't think deflation applies here (~1:30-1:42)

(Incidently, his entire first question is amusingly misunderstanding of what inflation is and why some of it is good. - InflationWP)

At 2:05, while he's RIGHT he's also WRONG, in that inflation is defined as both.

(Secondly, uh.. JdG, re his policies:

`Bernanke has really overweighted the economic risks relative to inflation,'' said John Silvia, chief economist at Wachovia Corp. in Charlotte, North Carolina, following the Fed chief's testimony to Congress yesterday. ``He may get some disagreement'' among colleagues on the Federal Open Market Committee, Silvia said.

SRC: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aPuyGhHPAIsA&refer=home


Back to the video.

Yes, he's dead right. And Bernake's not doing anything wise with lowering interest rates. However, RP is not the only person who's noticed. A lot of economists already have. (Incidently, what's with the misinvestment stuff?)

At 3:18 he outright lies. Sorry, he's WRONG. Bretton Woods systemWP

At 3:47, he makes the assertion that oil is stable in terms of gold prices. Well, he's right. But that's only because gold's worth is also rising. Ooops.


Finally, he speaks at 4:23. And then he confirms thebasic Econ 101 stuff that everyone knew ( domestic inflation = dollar spending).

He agrees in that the Fed is having issues stablizing it. Well, DUR!
And at the very end, yes, he agrees that the Fed has issues maintaining low inflation at the rate of oil increases.

None of this has anyhting to do with RP's gold standard nonsense.

tl;dr Jerome is commiting several lies of omission, and is being intellecutally dishonest. Nothing new.
 
Last edited:
ummm....

I recall a poster or two (both RP fans) claiming that once the REP race got down to 2 or 3 that it would be much better for RP, and things would get "interesting"...

when is that gonna happen?

TAM:)
 
ummm....

I recall a poster or two (both RP fans) claiming that once the REP race got down to 2 or 3 that it would be much better for RP, and things would get "interesting"...

when is that gonna happen?

TAM:)

ON Dec 21, 2012 immediately after the mayan calender flipover Ron Paul and his science and economic adviser dash will take over and save mankind with the ........GOLD STANDARD
:D
 
ON Dec 21, 2012 immediately after the mayan calender flipover Ron Paul and his science and economic adviser dash will take over and save mankind with the ........GOLD STANDARD
:D

What's really exciting is how many lurkers on these forums are reading my postings. Some of them "get it" and are starting to think about preserving whatever wealth they have, or even taking steps to create wealth out of nothing using the current credit mania.

Silver's at $19.34. http://www.kitco.com/market/

US Dollar's dropping -- it will only buy .9794 Canadian dollars. The Euro broke the 1.50 barrier, it's sitting at 1.5128 US dollars per Euro after struggling to crash through for months.

Here's a good site with useful articles on economics.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/

Here's another where you can find all sorts of articles on the ongoing disaster:

http://www.europac.net/

Welcome to reality, people! It is harsh and unsympathetic, in some cases. But it is fair, eventually.

-Dave
 
Welcome to reality, people! It is harsh and unsympathetic, in some cases. But it is fair, eventually.
-Dave
"Oh ho boy I'm rich! I'm wealthy! I'm independent! I'm
socially secure! I'm rich! I'm rich!"
 

Attachments

  • daffyduck2.jpg
    daffyduck2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 0
"Oh ho boy I'm rich! I'm wealthy! I'm independent! I'm
socially secure! I'm rich! I'm rich!"

Funny.

1) Way to pander to the croud. You would fit right in as an audience member of Oprah.
2) Way to completely miss the point.

I was lucky enough to buy some silver at $13-$14 range. But this ship hasn't set sail yet. It's still taking on cargo and passengers. Silver at $19.50 doesn't mean I'm going to sell it. Silver itself is money -- I'd sooner hold silver than dollars. When I need to buy something in the future, I'll exchange a bit of silver for dollars and use the dollars to buy what I need. Silver's a fine store of wealth for the forseeable future.

People in the know who are the first ones to have bought silver won't even think of selling it until it hits $75 or up, and that's in today's dollars. Silver can reach $75, but those $75 could be worth the same as $20 today due to devaluation. So it's important to keep track of the declining dollar, factor that in.

It's not too late for anyone reading this to climb onboard. Even if you only buy $100 in American Silver Eagles at your local coin dealership, you can count on your investment going up.

Here's an article Theodore Butler has on the subject:

http://www.investmentrarities.com/12-31-07.html

Ted Butler's a good man, he's been following silver for over 30 years. I've spoken to him myself on the phone, very straightforward fellow. I'd recommend reading his archives. There's a lot of material there, but you'll start to see repetition and you'll know when you can stop reading his essays, you will have absorbed his message.

A point Butler makes about silver is that this isn't just a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's a once in human history opportunity. It is so ridiculously undervalued people will be kicking themselves for not having bought more when they had the chance.

Disclaimer: Yes, I've got some money invested in silver. But I'm invested 80% in other stuff. Silver's just the easiest investment to explain and the best bang for the buck, also in terms of how much research required to realize it is a good buy. Honestly, think about it. The readership of this forum has negligible effect on the world silver market. Jason Hommel has 70,000 people on his mailing list. He's a much bigger voice than I am.

http://www.silverstockreport.com/ssrarchive.htm

-Dave
 
Sales pitch:

dash said:
A point Butler makes about silver is that this isn't just a once in a lifetime opportunity. It's a once in human history opportunity. It is so ridiculously undervalued people will be kicking themselves for not having bought more when they had the chance.

Hmmm...dash isn't encouraging as many people as possible to abandon the money economy and buy lots of silver in order to drive the price up is he?

N'ah...I'm sure he wouldn't do anything like that. I'm convinced by his disclaimer.
 
Hmmm...dash isn't encouraging as many people as possible to abandon the money economy and buy lots of silver in order to drive the price up is he?

N'ah...I'm sure he wouldn't do anything like that. I'm convinced by his disclaimer.

It's so strange how people love their poverty and their slavery. Do you even have any concept of what investment is all about? You take dollars, and buy something else that will go up in value. Then you either sell it for dollars, or you hold onto it. Buy low, sell high.

It is amazing how people seem to cherish their ignorance.

Nevermind. Just spend that $100 on another X-Box 360 game. Oooh. Fun!

-Dave
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom