dash
Critical Thinker
- Joined
- Jan 30, 2008
- Messages
- 278
Thou shalt not sell thy oil for naught but dollars!
I think I've got a double negative here. Should be, "Thou shalt sell thy oil for naught but dollars."
-Dave
Thou shalt not sell thy oil for naught but dollars!
If so, then you are holding up at least 165 pounds with one hand. Impressive!Just a bunch of 1 gallon milk bottles of water.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9929&stc=1&d=1201909508
Keep in mind those bottles were all full of water when this picture was taken. So don't mess with me.
If so, then you are holding up at least 165 pounds with one hand. Impressive!
Jeez... I need to keep my wedding ring just in case I can buy a new beamer with it when the sorry people take over.
This is the worst get rich quick scheme I've ever heard. A bunch of people buy up gold, then try to get the world to use it as currency, thus spiking its value to an insane degree. The goldies buying it up now would rule the world...
It sounds like a bad Pinky and the Brain episode...
Jeez... I need to keep my wedding ring just in case I can buy a new beamer with it when the sorry people take over.
This is the worst get rich quick scheme I've ever heard. A bunch of people buy up gold, then try to get the world to use it as currency, thus spiking its value to an insane degree. The goldies buying it up now would rule the world...
It sounds like a bad Pinky and the Brain episode...
ETA: Its a joke! Ha ha! Please don't put me on ignore!
Source: http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/types.html
I'll make an effort to find out what law that is (bear in mind that Kennedy signed it, and it was obviously to push forward the normal Fed backed currency)
Question I have some old silver certificates. How can I trade them in for silver dollars?
Answer On March 25, 1964, C. Douglas Dillon, the 57th Secretary of the Treasury announced that silver certificates would no longer be redeemable in silver dollars. This decision was pursuant to the Act of June 4, 1963 (31 U.S.C. 405a-1). The Act allowed the exchange of silver certificates for silver bullion until June 24, 1968. This was the deadline set by the Congress. Since that date, there has been no obligation to issue silver in any form in exchange for these certificates. You may be interested to know that the Congress took this action because there were approximately three million silver dollars remaining in the Treasury Department's vaults. These coins had high numismatic values, and there was no way to make an equitable distribution of them among the many people holding silver certificates.
Edited To Add.What's ETA mean? Excuse my ignorance.
-Dave
Edited To Add.
Oh -- I get it now. Very funny! (I mean it).
-Dave
PS But you're still going into my ignore list.
Curse you, Aqua Scum!!!!!!!
It helps if he's right. WildCat has pretty much demolished his arguments...
Mind explaining the significance of that? What difference does the currency make? Countries and markets have been converting currencies back and forth for a very long time. Where's the problem?Capture = effectively bowing to US will in terms of monetary policy.
Except, of course, that lots of countries outside the Middle East produce oil. Canada, Mexico, U.K., Russia, Venezuela, Nigeria, etc.I keep trying to make this point -- the US isn't so much concerned with its own access to oil. The US is trying to control other nations' access to oil.
Define "rogue nation." That include China? That nation is very much interested in procuring more oil, and would be happy to purchase Canadian oil. That is the one negotiating stick we hold; there are plenty of nations in the world who'd be happy to buy oil from us if we decide to sell it to them instead of the U.S.It's tacitly understood that Canada, in our own back yard, can be muscled not to provide oil to rogue nations.
Considering he's going to be gone from office in less than a year, it would seem there isn't much to worry about. The plan, if there ever was such a plan, is not going to come to pass in the time remaining.Cheney wants us to control Middle East oil...
There are a lot of genuine concerns over the process. It's not particularly pretty, and does demand a lot of water and energy, at least that's my understanding. There are legitimate questions as to whether the infrastructure can be built to handle a massive, widescale usage of the tar sands.I'm just happy those oil sands are in Alberta instead of the US. If they were in the US the environmentalists would never let us mine them!
My main beef with Ron Paul is that he is a Truther. (No, not a 9/11 truther, so put it back in your pants, HH et al.)
I listened to a radio interview of Ron Paul conducted last fall by Brian Suits, the PM drive time host at the time on our local conservative talk station. I haved searched the internet, and contacted the radio station, but unfortunately I cannot provide a transcript or recording of that interview, and Brian Suits has since been replaced. So take this as it is, an anecdote.
During that interview, Paul in no uncertain terms declared that FDR deliberately maneuvered Japan into attacking Pearl Harbor in 1941 so that the US could aid Britain against Germany. Paul also stated that FDR knew where the Japanese fleet was in early December 1941, and refused to allow his commanders to take action to prevent the attack on December 7. So Paul thinks that FDR MIHOP and LIHOP Pearl Harbor, making him a 12/7/41 Truther.
It was at that moment that I decided Ron Paul was undeserving to even be jokingly considered a candidate for POTUS.
Mind explaining the significance of that? What difference does the currency make? Countries and markets have been converting currencies back and forth for a very long time. Where's the problem?
Ever talk to a Jap about pearl harbor?
They have very different reasons from what we Americans are taught for attacking us.
Who is correct? Will you decide on Bias or research?
Look into what they are taught about Pearl harbor and its very interesting to hear.
My personal understanding, although I haven't dug into it at all, is that the US goaded the Japanese into attacking. The US wanted the Japanese to attack Pearl Harbor, or any other equivalent attack. The US knew about the attack and let it occur. It was part of the propaganda machine. Get the "enemy" to attack us and we'll crush them with righteous indignation. How else can you mobilize a normally isolationalist/peaceful people into sending their sons off to war? You need to demonize the enemy. Provoke them into attacking somehow.
And if you can't get them to attack, claim they've got weapons of mass destruction, or are working on getting nuclear weapons. Paint a dark picture of how awful it will be if these terrorists get "The bomb" Oh, heavens! Whatever will we do! Let's pulverize them before they get us first.
Americans need to wake up to the fact that we're the bad guys today. The rest of the world just wants to be left alone, to pursue free trade. The US just wants a free ride. Sorry, but the parasite is getting shrugged off.
-Dave
And now you're going into woo territory. The US knew of it, but they couldn't warn Hawaii in time. (And yes, I've made WW2 studying a hobby of mine)