• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The case against Dr. Paul

Joke

I don't know if this has come up before, but here goes:

I just realized you can use regular expressions in the ignore entries. I've put ".*" in mine, now no one can refute my posts! None can stand against me!

-Dave
 
Jeez... I need to keep my wedding ring just in case I can buy a new beamer with it when the sorry people take over.

This is the worst get rich quick scheme I've ever heard. A bunch of people buy up gold, then try to get the world to use it as currency, thus spiking its value to an insane degree. The goldies buying it up now would rule the world...

It sounds like a bad Pinky and the Brain episode...

Ron Paul: dash, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Dash: Uh, I think so, Ron. But burlap chafes me so!

ETA: Its a joke! Ha ha! Please don't put me on ignore!
 
Jeez... I need to keep my wedding ring just in case I can buy a new beamer with it when the sorry people take over.

This is the worst get rich quick scheme I've ever heard. A bunch of people buy up gold, then try to get the world to use it as currency, thus spiking its value to an insane degree. The goldies buying it up now would rule the world...

It sounds like a bad Pinky and the Brain episode...

Again you go over the edge. There is no such thing as a bad Pinky and the Brain!
 
Source: http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/types.html

I'll make an effort to find out what law that is (bear in mind that Kennedy signed it, and it was obviously to push forward the normal Fed backed currency)

Ok, I found something relevant:

http://www.treas.gov/education/faq/currency/sales.shtml

Question I have some old silver certificates. How can I trade them in for silver dollars?

Answer On March 25, 1964, C. Douglas Dillon, the 57th Secretary of the Treasury announced that silver certificates would no longer be redeemable in silver dollars. This decision was pursuant to the Act of June 4, 1963 (31 U.S.C. 405a-1). The Act allowed the exchange of silver certificates for silver bullion until June 24, 1968. This was the deadline set by the Congress. Since that date, there has been no obligation to issue silver in any form in exchange for these certificates. You may be interested to know that the Congress took this action because there were approximately three million silver dollars remaining in the Treasury Department's vaults. These coins had high numismatic values, and there was no way to make an equitable distribution of them among the many people holding silver certificates.

The source is www.treas.gov. I'm sure our government wouldn't lie to us.

Point conceded.

-Dave
 
Curse you, Aqua Scum!!!!!!!

Ok, now I can take you off my fake signature line ignore list. You got the joke.

-Dave
PS I like how the signatures are dynamic, I can retroactively change them for each post. I'd think there would be some opportunity for banner ads or something?
 
It helps if he's right. WildCat has pretty much demolished his arguments...

That's a possibility, but I have a policy of ignoring trolls; thus, I have chosen not to read any of Woo Cat's posts for a while now.

Either way, I really doubt he said anything substantial or factual, and given that you didn't give specifics and that you have in the past engaged in intellectual dishonesty, I'm naturally going to have a hard time trusting your word on this.
 
Capture = effectively bowing to US will in terms of monetary policy.
Mind explaining the significance of that? What difference does the currency make? Countries and markets have been converting currencies back and forth for a very long time. Where's the problem?

I keep trying to make this point -- the US isn't so much concerned with its own access to oil. The US is trying to control other nations' access to oil.
Except, of course, that lots of countries outside the Middle East produce oil. Canada, Mexico, U.K., Russia, Venezuela, Nigeria, etc.

It's tacitly understood that Canada, in our own back yard, can be muscled not to provide oil to rogue nations.
Define "rogue nation." That include China? That nation is very much interested in procuring more oil, and would be happy to purchase Canadian oil. That is the one negotiating stick we hold; there are plenty of nations in the world who'd be happy to buy oil from us if we decide to sell it to them instead of the U.S.

Of course, that is a delicate balance.

Cheney wants us to control Middle East oil...
Considering he's going to be gone from office in less than a year, it would seem there isn't much to worry about. The plan, if there ever was such a plan, is not going to come to pass in the time remaining.

I'm just happy those oil sands are in Alberta instead of the US. If they were in the US the environmentalists would never let us mine them!
There are a lot of genuine concerns over the process. It's not particularly pretty, and does demand a lot of water and energy, at least that's my understanding. There are legitimate questions as to whether the infrastructure can be built to handle a massive, widescale usage of the tar sands.

But if those questions can be answered satisfactorily, then Canada is in position to become a major energy-producing power in the world.
 
My main beef with Ron Paul is that he is a Truther. (No, not a 9/11 truther, so put it back in your pants, HH et al.)

I listened to a radio interview of Ron Paul conducted last fall by Brian Suits, the PM drive time host at the time on our local conservative talk station. I haved searched the internet, and contacted the radio station, but unfortunately I cannot provide a transcript or recording of that interview, and Brian Suits has since been replaced. So take this as it is, an anecdote.

During that interview, Paul in no uncertain terms declared that FDR deliberately maneuvered Japan into attacking Pearl Harbor in 1941 so that the US could aid Britain against Germany. Paul also stated that FDR knew where the Japanese fleet was in early December 1941, and refused to allow his commanders to take action to prevent the attack on December 7. So Paul thinks that FDR MIHOP and LIHOP Pearl Harbor, making him a 12/7/41 Truther.

It was at that moment that I decided Ron Paul was undeserving to even be jokingly considered a candidate for POTUS.

Ever talk to a Jap about pearl harbor?
They have very different reasons from what we Americans are taught for attacking us.
Who is correct? Will you decide on Bias or research?

Look into what they are taught about Pearl harbor and its very interesting to hear.
 
Mind explaining the significance of that? What difference does the currency make? Countries and markets have been converting currencies back and forth for a very long time. Where's the problem?

The US dollar is heavily overvalued. The US dollar can be over valued because it is the defacto world reserve currency. Prior to the US dollar being the world reserve currency the British pound was the reserve currency. Circa 1945 timeframe the British empire was extremely overextended. The British pound was the reserve currency at this time. Eisenhower cut off credit to Britain. Within a very short time (years) the British pound lost 80% of its purchasing power. The British empire was completely demolished -- Britain simply couldn't afford it anymore. Bases around the world were shut down. The British Navy -- second to none for centuries prior -- faded away. Then the American Empire rose to take its place.

Meanwhile the Soviet Union had its own empire days. Cold war and all. Eventual collapse of the Soviet Union.

The country that controls the world's reserve currency is like the king of the hill. In order to knock him down you need to fight your way up the hill and dislodge him. It's like a natural defensive point. In order to knock down the US as the world's reserve currency, with this overwhelming advantage, the US must needs be in an exceptionally weak and vulnerable state. We see that weakness through and through the US economy today. Massive federal debt, budget deficits. Consumers are deeply in debt. Dollars are created out of nowhere and flood the world markets. They only have value because the rest of the world tacitly goes along with it. They continue doing it so long as it's convenient to them.

The strength of the dollar is supported by all sorts of things. One very strong support is the requirement that oil be priced in dollars. Saudi Arabia demands dollars for oil. That means the buyer has to somehow acquire dollars in order to get oil. The buyer can get dollars from the USA because the USA exports dollars. So the USA enjoys the purchasing power of a dollar merely by conjuring up dollars out of thin air. The housing bubble is an example. By virtue of easy credit, where the money is created out of nothing just on the basis of the assessed value of a home, dollars are created out of nothing. These dollars go into the pocket of the borrower. That fellow buys stuff, imports coming from other countries.

The other countries get dollars. Their own economies function. They can use the dollars to buy their oil. Nevermind the dollars were created from nothing. The foreign country needed to get dollars because they need oil for their own purposes, and the oil is for sale only in dollars.

Without the dollar/oil tie, what happens? Suppose Saudi Arabia accepts any currency for their oil? Say Euros? Or Chinese Yuan? Then there is just that much less demand for dollars.

The US muscles the middle east into accepting only dollars for oil. Iraq was moving to accept Euros for oil. US punished Iraq. Iran makes noise about breaking its oil/dollar tie. Iran is demonized and the Bush Administration wants to attack Iran -- they want it so bad they can taste it. If enough middle eastern countries slip the leash, they'll all start accepting whatever they want in exchange for their own oil.

I've painted this picture of world economics. Some people will not think about it at all, and will just label me a "woo" or whatever. The mainstream media doesn't dwell on the oil/dollar connection. So it's a case of 99% of the people don't say anything about such things, only 1%. So by definition the 1% are spouting "woo".

The majority is always right, according to these forums.

-Dave
 
Ever talk to a Jap about pearl harbor?
They have very different reasons from what we Americans are taught for attacking us.
Who is correct? Will you decide on Bias or research?

Look into what they are taught about Pearl harbor and its very interesting to hear.

My personal understanding, although I haven't dug into it at all, is that the US goaded the Japanese into attacking. The US wanted the Japanese to attack Pearl Harbor, or any other equivalent attack. The US knew about the attack and let it occur. It was part of the propaganda machine. Get the "enemy" to attack us and we'll crush them with righteous indignation. How else can you mobilize a normally isolationalist/peaceful people into sending their sons off to war? You need to demonize the enemy. Provoke them into attacking somehow.

And if you can't get them to attack, claim they've got weapons of mass destruction, or are working on getting nuclear weapons. Paint a dark picture of how awful it will be if these terrorists get "The bomb" Oh, heavens! Whatever will we do! Let's pulverize them before they get us first.

Americans need to wake up to the fact that we're the bad guys today. The rest of the world just wants to be left alone, to pursue free trade. The US just wants a free ride. Sorry, but the parasite is getting shrugged off.

-Dave
 
My personal understanding, although I haven't dug into it at all, is that the US goaded the Japanese into attacking. The US wanted the Japanese to attack Pearl Harbor, or any other equivalent attack. The US knew about the attack and let it occur. It was part of the propaganda machine. Get the "enemy" to attack us and we'll crush them with righteous indignation. How else can you mobilize a normally isolationalist/peaceful people into sending their sons off to war? You need to demonize the enemy. Provoke them into attacking somehow.

And if you can't get them to attack, claim they've got weapons of mass destruction, or are working on getting nuclear weapons. Paint a dark picture of how awful it will be if these terrorists get "The bomb" Oh, heavens! Whatever will we do! Let's pulverize them before they get us first.

Americans need to wake up to the fact that we're the bad guys today. The rest of the world just wants to be left alone, to pursue free trade. The US just wants a free ride. Sorry, but the parasite is getting shrugged off.

-Dave

And now you're going into woo territory. The US knew of it, but they couldn't warn Hawaii in time. (And yes, I've made WW2 studying a hobby of mine)


Re: RichardMasters The irony, sir.
 
And now you're going into woo territory. The US knew of it, but they couldn't warn Hawaii in time. (And yes, I've made WW2 studying a hobby of mine)

It's interesting that in your heart you believe your beliefs in the matter are superior to those who disagree with you. Do you disbelieve in all conspiracies? What about Iran-Contra? Do you believe the CIA is as pure as the virgin snow?

Honestly, now, how can you really know Pearl Harbor wasn't a setup? Are you immune to bias in all evidence you read? My guess is you started out disbelieving any Pearl Harbor conspiracy from the word go, and dismissed all evidence to the contrary.

You can't know anything. You can only have opinions. In your opinion the sum total of evidence you've seen tends to a specific interpretation. It's a tactic used on these forums to call anyone who disagrees a "woo" spouter or whatever.

I've seen immense levels of corruption in the USA. It's everywhere. So I tend to not trust anything the USA does. You seem to trust the USA implicitly, so you accept everything at face value. I admit I don't know for sure. But you, on the other hand, know the truth about everything you care to comment on.

That's interesting.

-Dave
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom