Why do you say that they are not strong enough to break windows?
According to ex-Defense Secretary Rumsfeld
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/15/1052885324203.html
He was referring to the Hellfire with a thermobaric warhead.
As for "not perturbing smoke coming out of open windows", of course, the question to ask is "which windows belonging to which floors"? I am suggesting the use of thermobarics for damaging the building on a floor by floor basis. There's no law of nature that says that
each and every floor must have a thermobaric applied, if you're going to apply thermobarics, at all.
In fact, I recall the claim that explosive outburst seem staggered every 3 floors.
I would agree that if a particular floor has open windows, and even a low velocity (<80 mph, say) thermobaric (if such a thing exists) is detonated therein, that the smoke will, indeed, be perturbed.
However, if the smoke is not perturbed, why assume a thermobaric for that particular floor, to begin with?
As for "declining your simple challenge", it should be clear that your challenge is a straw man, since you have not exhausted possible chemical causes of the explosive outbursts you see.
If it makes you happy, please note that I don't believe high explosives are what's causing the explosive (~40-80 mph) bursts. Therefore, I have no need to take up your challenge, since we actually agree on this point.
Finally, I note that you've ducked my question as to when you're going to address the question of thermobarics in one of your movies.