Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic
- Joined
- Aug 4, 2006
- Messages
- 38,527
I am asking for an alternative to that conclusion, if there is one. Sorry if the way I stated it confused you.
If it is gods, then you have to expect multiple religions. If it is only one . . .And if gods were real, why would the 'true' religion with the 'true' god belief not be available?
Who says it isn't? There is a school of thought that the varying beliefs are, rather than the human construction you note, and well discussed by Campbell among a host of others, each facets of the same thing, perceived differently. (I think the old model of blind men and an elephant can be applied.)That's the whole point of asking what 'the fact people adopt the religion in their proximity' is evidence of or not evidence of. Seems to me and to more than a few others this fact is evidence god beliefs are based on human constructions rather than on real gods interacting with people's inner selves. Why would an omniscient god not be available to everyone's inner selves equally around the globe?
No need to derail in that direction, since you have already reached your conclusions on that score.
Still with the embedded assummption.That question is not relevant to the OP and I do believe I answered it more than once. I have no interest in and therefore no opinion on whether or not you should care about disproving other people's religions. I am only asking you to comment on the gods you believe in and the gods you do not believe in.
How is indifference disbelief? The way you phrase it strikes me as requiring an active operation.
You? Your OP was plain to see, as was the game being played.So your criticism of me specifically was unfounded.
You are still a good person. That hasn't changed.
DR
Last edited:
