I find the opposition to the OP strange.
The implications of the question in the OP are highly pertinent when contemplating the probable validity of a religious belief.
I am born in Jordan.
I am a Muslim.
My religion is correct.
All others are not.
All other religions are wrong, and the followers will suffer an eternity of hell!
I am born in the USA.
I am a Christian.
My religion is correct.
All others are not.
All other religions are wrong, and the followers will suffer an eternity of hell!
Explain why the bits in italics are
necessary elements of this reasoning chain. Methinks that as assumptions they may not be necessary. Now, if you also assume in a doctrinaire approach to Islam or Christianity, then I see where that would fit in quite well.
Which of these two are correct?
If either is, as you noted previously.
What logic is the person in Jordan using to verify his religion is correct?
Embedded assumption: people use logic for all choices, all decisions.
Why does he believe in islam along with the majority of the people in his geographic location?
Not believe in, practice. He believes in Allah, as revealed by the Prophet, etc.
Does this need an answer? Here's one: why not? (A good riposte to that is "other options, like Hinduism, agnosticism, atheism, or Judaism are avaible."
Why does the person in the US believe Christianity, along with the majority of the people in his geographic location?
Not believe in, practice. He believes in God, and his salvation through Jesus Christ, etc.
How can either belief be considered objectively validated when they are cleary formed not through logic or reason, but through legacy and tradition of the societies that raised them?
Question: why is it
necessary for this belief to be objectively valid? If it is necessary to you, that might explain why you don't practice either of those religions.
A belief would ideally have been adopted through the rigors of reason, and logic utilizing evidence and education.
Ideally, a man would never beat his wife. Ideally, no driver would ever run a stop sign.
The passive acceptance of belief through uncontrollable factors is not ideal.
I am tempted to refer to Kant's discussion on the limitations of reason, but have reconsidered, as it does not fit this conversation.
Is the ideal
necessary?
Until a valid, provable reason shows one religion as correct, it will generally be the passive acceptance through uncontrollable factors that wins out. This is of concern to those who seek the truth.
Is that Truth, or truth?
If the latter, truth about what? Existence of a god? The existence of the belief is already established.
If the former, best wishes, Pilgrim.
DR