• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Bigfoot: The Invisible Variety

Ben C. Gerwick / Marine Engineering
Born: February 22, 1919 – Died: December 25, 2006
An analysis of his biography and a reading of his works makes no mention of bigfoot at all. The only related link is to the JREF forum.

Alex Scordellis / Engineering
I can find nothing regrading bigfoot and Alex Scordellis. However he seems to be a Mathematical whiz. If you would like to provide evidence for your own claim, feel free to do something that you have never done. Back it up.

Ray Clough / Engineering
Research Interests :
Ray Clough, renowned for pioneering the field of earthquake engineering, is credited with the development and application of a mathematical procedure—finite element analysis—used to analyze the stresses on buildings and other structures, such as dams. In finite element analysis, a physical structure is broken down into substructures called "finite elements." These elements and their interrelationships are converted to equations and solved mathematically. Once earthquake stresses on a structure's design have been identified using Clough's analysis, architects and engineers can modify the design to withstand earthquakes. This technique became a key analytical tool in the young field of earthquake engineering.

Awards and Honors :
Clough served on the National Academy of Sciences Committee on Earthquake Engineering and is the recipient of many honors including the George W. Housner Medal from the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute and the Prince Philip Medal from the Royal Academy of Engineering in London. He is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Engineering, and the Chinese Academy of Engineering. In 1994, President Clinton presented Clough with a National Medal of Science.

2006 Benjamin Franklin Medal in Civil Engineering for revolutionizing engineering and scientific computation and engineering design methods through his formulation and development of the finite element method, and for his innovative leadership in applying the method to the field of earthquake engineering with special emphasis on the seismic performance of dams.

Selected Publications :
M. J. Turner, Ray W. Clough, H. C. Martin, und L. J. Topp: Stiffness and deflection analysis of complex structures. Journal of the Aeronautical Sciences, Vol. 23, No. 9, p. 805-823, 1956

Clough, Ray W.: The finite element method in plane stress analysis. Proceedings, 2nd Conference on Electronic Computation, A.S.C.E. Structural Division, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Sept. 1960

Imagine that, no mention of bigfoot.

Edward Wilson / Engineering (Father of the finite element)
Edward Osborne Wilson (born June 10, 1929) is an American biologist (Myrmecology, a branch of entomology), researcher (sociobiology, biodiversity), theorist (consilience, biophilia), and naturalist (conservationism).
Wilson is known for his career as a scientist, his advocacy for environmentalism, and his scientific humanist ideas concerned with religious, moral, and ethical matters.[1] As of 2007, he was the Pellegrino Research Professor in Entomology for the Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology at Harvard University and a Fellow of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry. He is a Humanist Laureate of the International Academy of Humanism.

While he says it is possible that bigfoot could exist, he finds it odd that there is no scientific evidence to support it.


T.Y. Lin / Engineering
Born: November 14, 1912 – Died: November 15, 2003
THe Malaysia Bigfoot Enigma only mention Ty Lin in reference to the "Crispin Casimir, owner of CC Building Surveyors, and Dr Tan Guan, a director at TY Lin SEA, will have you focus on the concrete."

If you could be troubled enough to pull youself out of your delusion long enough to provide any evidence that I might have missed, I will look more into Ty Lin.

Joe Penzien / Engineering
A complete history of Joe Penzien can be found here.
http://www.eeri.org/cds_publications/oral_histories/1-932884-01-7_Penzien.pdf
It is the complete life story as told by Joe himself. No mention of Bigfoot.

As always someone else has done the leg work for you and has produced nothing of value to your argument. Feel free to investigate yourself and see what you can come up with. I suspect the will simply respond with "SWOA!!!!" and go into you little rant about your imaginary intelligence.
 
Yowsa.

You certainly brought the crazy that time.

Seriously...you can't be for real. No way. People like you don't have the time or ability to type out posts like that. Their restraints are too tight.

If Carter had seen Bigfoot and had the nerve to commit career suicide and mention it in a speech wouldn't a single other source exist for this somewhere in or our of cyberspace? Why bother answering me...I know you made it up, and I know you can't be for real.
 
There is about 140 highway miles between Plains, Georgia (Carter's home) and Atlanta, Georgia (Carter Center location) which normally requires at least 2 days for snail mail.

Not that it matters, but tell me, how long have you been receiving mail in Plains, GA? You state this as fact, but I think you've just made it up - pulled a number out of your butt and claimed it as fact. Kinda par for the course with you.

As an example of USPS efficiency in the South, I offer my personal experience:

I occasionally buy pipe tobacco from Cornell & Diehls, the worlds best tobacconists. Their facility is about 140 miles from my front door. On three occasions I have placed an order on Monday at 3:00 and had the tobacco in my mailbox with the postal delivery on Tuesday afternoon. Thats right, a 24 hour USPS delivery of a non-standard-sized item! And not just once, but thrice.

And I can prove it.
 
Historian, just for your information, I wrote my letter to Jimmy Carter and sent it to my friend at the Carter center on October 22, 2007.

Would you care to retract your accusations? If not, I shall report your post as being incivil.

In fact, I'm tired of these groundless accusations, so I believe I shall report it anyway.

I have my dated letter (Mr. Carter returned the original and responded in the top right hand corner with his brief note). I will gladly provide the moderators with a scanned copy if they wish.

When have I ever attacked you in such an injudicious, abusive, and ranting manner?

When have you ever provided any support for your claims?

I believe the answer to both questions is exactly the same.
 
Last edited:
Historian, just for your information, I wrote my letter to Jimmy Carter and sent it to my friend at the Carter center on October 22, 2007.

Would you care to retract your accusations? If not, I shall report your post as being incivil.

In fact, I'm tired of these groundless accusations, so I believe I shall report it anyway.
Spektator, you've done far, far, more than anyone would be expected when confronted with Neal's lunacy but I would say if you had a scanner handy, give the note a scan and allow him to contrive more ellaborate excuses. It's not like anyone wasn't expecting him to call BS.

ETA: Nevermind, I see I posted too slow.
 
Last edited:
Historian, just for your information, I wrote my letter to Jimmy Carter and sent it to my friend at the Carter center on October 22, 2007.

Would you care to retract your accusations? If not, I shall report your post as being incivil.

In fact, I'm tired of these groundless accusations, so I believe I shall report it anyway.

My reply was a measured and carefull analysis of your manufactured falsehoods. You have lost all credibility, by virtue of your own misrepresentations. Go ahead and complain, and let me know what your mailing address is so that I can drop several dozen "Bigfoot crying and whining handkerchiefs", in the mail for you. You can't prove anything to the contrary, from my carefully analyzed reply. The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives me the right to defend myself. That is exactly what I did. You were attacking me, so you are the one who is both in error and out of line, and without the protection of the U.S. Constitution.

Maybe I can drop a game of "Denial" in the mail as well. Since you seem to have a talent for it.
 
Last edited:
Historian is Neal Burgstahler which is common knowledge now.

Yeah, I'm just catching up. Wow. Just wow.

There are examples of his lunacy all over the net. Like this little number:

Let me give you a little help. I communicate with the Bigfoot by whispering in English. I can get them to reply by using branch breaks. So can you. Your researchers believe that by whispering, Bigfoot will not hear you. Wrong! I have audio/video of a Bigfoot going ballistic at 300 yards away, after all I was doing was “thinking” about how some people think that they have the right to kill a Bigfoot. Bigfoot understands both English and even your tiniest thought.

I...just...how do you even begin to respond to this? I honestly thought it had to be a joke.

I happen to work in the Intelligence Community, and have worked in and with some of the agencies Neal believes spends massive amounts of money covering up invisible Bigfoot. Why one would need to spend money to cover up the reality of a creature that can just become invisible is another question entirely...but this much I can tell you with no uncertainty: the Intelligence Community spends absolutely no time, thought or money in the idea of Bigfoot.

and to Spektator: Please don't go and get Historian banned. You can't pay for this kind of entertainment. Reminds me of when Beckjord used to post.
 
Last edited:
My reply was a measured and carefull analysis of your manufactured falsehoods. You have lost all credibility, by virtue of your own misrepresentations. Go ahead and complain, and let me know what your mailing address is so that I can drop several dozen "Bigfoot crying and whining handkerchiefs", in the mail for you. You can't prove anything to the contrary, from my carefully analyzed reply. The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives me the right to defend myself. That is exactly what I did. You were attacking me, so you are the one who is both in error and out of line, and without the protection of the U.S. Constitution.

Maybe I can drop a game of "Denial" in the mail as well. Since you seem to have a talent for it.

When presented with real evidence all you can do is attack and claim that someone else is lying. You are pathetic. You are not even considered a real Bigfoot researcher in your own community. Other crazy people laugh at you. How does that feel?
 
I happen to work in the Intelligence Community, and have worked in and with some of the agencies Neal believes spends massive amounts of money covering up invisible Bigfoot. Why one would need to spend money to cover up the reality of a creature that can just become invisible is another question entirely...but this much I can tell you with no uncertainty: the Intelligence Community spends absolutely no time, thought or money into the idea of Bigfoot.

So Thurkon, if you in fact work in the Intelligence Community, how is it that you are cruising a Bigfoot chat room during working hours, if as you claim that "the Intelligence Community spends absolutely no time, thought or money into the idea of Bigfoot"?

There are several possible answers here. Neither of which puts you in a particularly good light. If you do work where you say you do , then you are spending government time and money on bigfoot, thus you would have made a contradiction. If you do not work where you say you work, then you would be a liar. So no matter which answer is correct, you do not come out smelling like a rose, shall we say.
 
Last edited:
My reply was a measured and carefull analysis of your manufactured falsehoods. You have lost all credibility, by virtue of your own misrepresentations. Go ahead and complain, and let me know what your mailing address is so that I can drop several dozen "Bigfoot crying and whining handkerchiefs", in the mail for you. You can't prove anything to the contrary, from my carefully analyzed reply. The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives me the right to defend myself. That is exactly what I did. You were attacking me, so you are the one who is both in error and out of line, and without the protection of the U.S. Constitution.

Wow. I realize that you interpret almost everything a little differently, but your take on the Constitution is downright awesome. I mean this is not just a matter of interpretation. This is a matter of mind-numbing delusion, misapprehension, incomprehension and fantasy. I suppose we should be used to it by now, but I continue to be truly amazed at the extremity of your delusion, and the degree to which it corrupts your understanding of even the most simple and straightforward things. You know, the Constitution, second amendment and all, is a public record. We can look at it, and read it ourselves. Unless you have a private copy that differs from the public one (are you going to say the NSA erased the juicy parts, and only you know what the real one says?), your conception of what the second amendment protects, and how it applies either to your diatribes or to Spektator, is simply preposterous.

And yes, I think it's appropriate by now for Spektator to report you. He has taken great trouble, way beyond what should be required to argue against a person of your caliber, to produce real evidence from real people, without breaching the rules of civility here, and you are way out of line accusing him of fraud.
 
Last edited:
So Thurkon, if you in fact work in the Intelligence Community, how is it that you are cruising a Bigfoot chat room during working hours, if as you claim that "the Intelligence Community spends absolutely no time, thought or money into the idea of Bigfoot"?.

Surfing the internet during my break does not constitute a government conspiracy or agency interest in an invisible ape. My personal interest is in your particular flavor of lunacy.


If you do work where you say you do , then you are spending government time and money on bigfoot, thus you would have made a contradiction.

I don't get paid during my lunch break to look at your manic ramblings. Two strikes!
 
Wow. I realize that you interpret almost everything a little differently, but your take on the Constitution is downright awesome. I mean this is not just a matter of interpretation. This is a matter of mind-numbing delusion, misapprehension, incomprehension and fantasy. I suppose we should be used to it by now, but I continue to be truly amazed at the extremity of your delusion, and the degree to which it corrupts your understanding of even the most simple and straightforward things. You know, the Constitution, second amendment and all, is a public record. We can look at it, and read it ourselves. Unless you have a private copy that differs from the public one (are you going to say the NSA erased the juicy parts, and only you know what the real one says?), your conception of what the second amendment protects, and how it applies either to your diatribes or to Spektator, is simply preposterous.

And yes, I think it's appropriate by now for Spektator to report you. He has taken great trouble, way beyond what should be required to argue against a person of your caliber, to produce real evidence from real people, without breaching the rules of civility here, and you are way out of line accusing him of fraud.


You don't know anything about the interpretation of the law, now do you? You should seek legal counseling, before you make any more foolish statements about the U.S. Constitution.
 
Last edited:
My reply was a measured and carefull analysis of your manufactured falsehoods. You have lost all credibility, by virtue of your own misrepresentations. Go ahead and complain, and let me know what your mailing address is so that I can drop several dozen "Bigfoot crying and whining handkerchiefs", in the mail for you. You can't prove anything to the contrary, from my carefully analyzed reply. The 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives me the right to defend myself. That is exactly what I did. You were attacking me, so you are the one who is both in error and out of line, and without the protection of the U.S. Constitution.

Maybe I can drop a game of "Denial" in the mail as well. Since you seem to have a talent for it.

If Spektator would post the scanned copy of the letter, you would still say that it is manufactured wouldn't you. Your carefull analysis is moot if he really has the letter. Keep the game of denial, it seems a better match for you.
 
Surfing the internet during my break does not constitute a government conspiracy or agency interest in an invisible ape. My personal interest is in your particular flavor of lunacy.




I don't get paid during my lunch break to look at your manic ramblings. Two strikes!

So what is the address of your office, Mr. Spook?
 
If Spektator would post the scanned copy of the letter, you would still say that it is manufactured wouldn't you. Your carefull analysis is moot if he really has the letter. Keep the game of denial, it seems a better match for you.

Mr. Spektator is about to get into some legal trouble, no matter what he does.
 
Unless you have a private copy that differs from the public one (are you going to say the NSA erased the juicy parts, and only you know what the real one says?), your conception of what the second amendment protects, and how it applies either to your diatribes or to Spektator, is simply preposterous.

Could anyone quickly sum up what Historian believes the NSA does? It would be nice to inform him what that agency's mission actually is.
 
542473c9b06d3fb2.jpg


I have censored a name and address for obvious reasons, but this is the header of my letter and the note that Mr. Carter returned to me.

I do not believe that my posts have attacked historian--they have only attempted to verify historian's claims. That does not constitute an attack, nor have I used the kind of abusive, insulting, and inflammatory rhetoric that he has directed toward me.
 
Last edited:
So what is the address of your office, Mr. Spook?

First, I did not say I worked for NSA. If you want the address of NSA then google it. The location is not classified. Fort Meade, MD.

The entire Intelligence Community works together. Each agency has its own mission and collaborates with our mission partners (like NSA) to obtain the best available intelligence. I am not going to go into the details of my agency, my specific work, or what I do (for obvious reasons)...but the IC at the present is focusing massive efforts in Iraq, Afghanistan and even domestically when natural disasters occur (think wildfires in CA).

We spend zero amount of time on Bigfoot. Zip. My personal interest in debate with the lovers of woo is the reason you are graced with my presence at this time.

Please carry on with the crazy...
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom