• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Christian Roots of America's Schools

I'm with Joe on this one. It doesn't matter what the founder thinks. The reality is that Intelligent Design is mythology and slapping fundies in the face with that fact is a good thing.
 
Even IF what you said was true, it doesn't matter. Intelligent Design is still mythology. No matter how many people believe a myth, it still remains a myth.

Well then you know something that all 43 US presidents don't know.
 
Well then you know something that all 43 US presidents don't know.

Yes, and your appeal to popularity and false authority is still a fallacy. Intelligent Design is mythology, the literal interpretation of Genesis can be shown to be scientifically absurd. ID is a giant appeal to ignorance and their attempt to disprove evolution is without any scientific merit at all.
 
Well then you know something that all 43 US presidents don't know.

Yeah, so what? The mistake you're making has a name: appeal to authority fallacy. It doesn't matter who believes something, if it is wrong then they are wrong. Guess what? I know something that all 43 presidents don't know. Big deal. I know more on some subjects than 99.999999 percent of all the people who have ever lived... and that doesn't mean too much either.
 
Actually, I call BS on DOC's claim that all 43 presidents are IDers.

Prove it, DOC. Start with William Jefferson Clinton.
 
Actually, I call BS on DOC's claim that all 43 presidents are IDers.

Prove it, DOC. Start with William Jefferson Clinton.

For that matter, I know there is a very religious former President, a Southern Baptist who to this day teaches Bible Study at his local church, who has been very outspoken in his condemnation of Intelligent Design "theory."
 
Maybe those guys aren't "real" presidents, since they don't believe ID to be fact.
 
Not according to 3 billion people and not according to every US president (that is unless they were lying in their inaugural addresses). And for that matter not according to any country that has "In God We Trust" as their national anthem.

3 billion people believe in ID? Every president mentioned ID in their innaugrals? Interesting.



I thought that ID wasn't even INVENTED until circa 2000. Geo. Washington was a more impressive man than I gave him credit for then, what being able to precognate that concept by almost three hundred years. Was it in code then? I guess that Lincoln was refering to Intelligent Design when he said "On the occasion corresponding to this four years ago all thoughts were anxiously directed to an impending civil war. All dreaded it, all sought to avert it. "? As did Jefferson in this passage: "but this being now decided by the voice of the nation, announced according to the rules of the Constitution, all will, of course, arrange themselves under the will of the law, and unite in common efforts for the common good.". Fascinating.
 
Let's see... you don't know what "mockery" means". You don't know what the word "anthem" means. You don't know what "intelligent design" is. You obviously don't know what "honesty" means.

This is a guy who can't tell the difference between a "thread" and a "forum."

What do you expect?
 
For that matter, I know there is a very religious former President, a Southern Baptist who to this day teaches Bible Study at his local church, who has been very outspoken in his condemnation of Intelligent Design "theory."
Interesting. I suspected it of Carter, but I didn't know enough to be certain.
 
This is a guy who can't tell the difference between a "thread" and a "forum."

What do you expect?
Oh, that's exactly what I expect from someone with a fixation on that scumbag Liar for Jesus, D. James Kennedy. Anyone who would worship that piece of lying crap can't be expected to do much different.
 
Because they keep dropping their fingers in his Kool-Aid?

Seriously. Mark 1:40-41 is translated in some manuscripts:
Mar 1:40 A man with leprosy came and knelt in front of Jesus, begging to be healed. "If you want to, you can make me well again," he said.
Mar 1:41 Moved with anger Jesus touched him. "I want to," he said. "Be healed!"

I figure why should DOC be the only one throwing out random tidbits of historical "information".
 
Oh, that's exactly what I expect from someone with a fixation on that scumbag Liar for Jesus, D. James Kennedy. Anyone who would worship that piece of lying crap can't be expected to do much different.

Well, now that Kennedy is a corpse, he thinks he can beat him for all that it's worth.

:deadhorse
 
Last edited:
Actually, I call BS on DOC's claim that all 43 presidents are IDers.

Prove it, DOC. Start with William Jefferson Clinton.

Well, a quick Google search yields nothing...

For that matter, I know there is a very religious former President, a Southern Baptist who to this day teaches Bible Study at his local church, who has been very outspoken in his condemnation of Intelligent Design "theory."

Probably one of the few things me and Ol' Goofy Tooth would agree on.

Having once been a right-wing Christian myself, I can tell you with some authority that DOC probably only counts Republican presidents on his list.
 
Well, a quick Google search yields nothing...
Can't be. If it ain't on Google it don't exist...


Having once been a right-wing Christian myself, I can tell you with some authority that DOC probably only counts Republican presidents on his list.
Except that DOC is the one who threw out the number 43.

But I get your point.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom