• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

DOC's Proof of Christianity Through Irrelavent Fact Attrition

The irony is in tact.

Heh. Sorry, the irony is that tact is something you've long left behind when it comes to how you talk about religious folks in general and Christians in particular.

The hatred is a figment of your imagination. Time for your own reality check... your armchair analysis fails once again. (I assure you that if anyone whom I find insightful--and there are many on this forum--should assert that they sense what you imagine in me, then I will consider such conjecture.) :)

Your anger, and the self-envisioned aura of pure logic and reason blinds you to your hatred. Again, irony... "in tact".
 
Somewhere I can reach it quickly apparently because it seems I'm going to be needing it a lot.
Clearly, since you have nothing to say, a snotty affect will let you pretend to a superiority you'll never actually attain.

So, now that we've staked out our territory, do you have anything OF SUBSTANCE to add to this thread?
 
Ugg... the newbie challenge-- hammy used to do that... before he got booted...

-Like sticking around makes you authoritative, Unrepentant Sinner. T'ai has been here forever too, you know. It doesn't up your forum credo you know. And your opinion seems to belong mostly to you--maybe a few other apologists... but believers and apologists are always peeved when people dismiss their woo because in their minds it's the true woo. And what else is there to do when there's no facts to back up your claims?

I was raised as a Christian. I don't hate Christians. I don't hate anybody. I just don't think Christianity is true or special or more deserving of respect than astrology or Scientology or Reverend Moon. Moreover, I can't help but notice that it makes people rather hypocritical like you while seem to imagine themselves to be above it all and moderate and beacons of open-mindedness.(Can you say Hammegk?).

When you can't defend your beliefs with facts or evidence-- vilify those who dare to speak against it--change the subject-- accuse the accuser of hatred or prejudice or some other red herring. I know how it goes. I'm sure religion had me doing the same for years. You don't fool me. And you may only be fooling yourself via confirmation bias--the essence of the faithful.

I know and respect quite a few people on this forum and I don't think any of them have accused me of the things that the apologists accuse me of. And frankly, I welcome the criticism. There are some people whose side I don't want to be on. You didn't like it when Joe said it back to you, and yet you thought nothing of saying it to me. And I bet you tell yourself that you are really humble and open minded due to your Christian upbringing, eh? You have derailed several threads to insult me and take the heat off Christian claims and then had a hissy fit when the ad homs come right back at you. You start it, and then like DOC, pretend to be picked on by those evil "christian haters" starting "negative christian" threads. Any facts to go with your hyperbole?

You see hatred. I see hypocrisy. Both are opinions. I will pay heed to the opinions of those whose opinions I respect and not to apologists. They seldom have anything of value to say from what I observe.
 
Last edited:
So, now that we've staked out our territory, do you have anything OF SUBSTANCE to add to this thread?

Ummm,

* Looks back a few pages and at his other contributions eviscerating DOCs insipid claims in his insipid thread.

Yeah, I alread did. You must have missed it while you were saying hello in the Introductions therad.
 
I would be annoyed at this derail, but it's been more informative than anything offered by DOC.

DOC,
please prove me wrong.
please please please....
 
I would be annoyed at this derail, but it's been more informative than anything offered by DOC.

DOC,
please prove me wrong.
please please please....
Sad, isn't it? There's more substance in bickering than there is in any of DOC's posts to this thread.
 
I defined apologist to you in another thread... I stand by it... and do you ever notice that you act like you are speaking the opinion of many though no one seems to share your view. You started the derail, but I agree... it has slightly more substance than Doc... though I can't imagine why you though your opinions as to my motives or lack of irony was shared by anyone but you and/or how you thought that furthered the thread. My comment was in response to something Joe said--you're the one who came out of the blue to imagine my motives and declare that I lack an understanding of irony and the term "apologists" although both of those claims would be better aimed at you.

If Doc isn't going to address the topic you can at least address why you felt it necessary to imagine that I hate Christians via thread derailment. Don't do that apologist thing and change the subject now...
 
Ummm,

* Looks back a few pages and at his other contributions eviscerating DOCs insipid claims in his insipid thread.

Yeah, I alread did. You must have missed it while you were saying hello in the Introductions therad.

or maybe he assumed it was one of your long rambling threads--the kind you are so quick to accuse me of... You do say some pretty nasty things and then cry foul when they come back, you know...

I'm sure the big words made it feel "rambly" to you...especially you of great wiseness who thinks he can discern hatred telepathically and who thinks others don't know what an apologist is because he can't recognize the tendency in himself.

Once again: Apologist: One who makes an apology; one who speaks or writes in defense of a faith, a cause, or an institution; especially, one who argues in defense of Christianity.

I stand by my claim. You just can't see yourself... but apologists usually can't. They always think it's those gosh darn anti-christianists that are to blame for their failure to have others support their hyperbole. Oh, and I think I have a fabulous sense of irony--it's why you tickle me so much... it is what allows me to giggle when you have a tizzy after Joe reflects your silliness right back at you by suggesting you look in a mirror. You seethe bitterness while accusing me of seething bitterness and meanwhile I am engaging in my favorite sport-- apologist baiting... (second favorite actually-- I prefer creationist baiting slightly more.) And I love having new members that are so good at playing along!
 
Last edited:

And yea, Mod Cleon did look down upon the thread from on high.

And it came to pass that he saw people starting to bicker and attack each other.

"Lo," sayeth the Mod. "Why doest thou forsake thy Membership Agreements? Follow not thy Membership Agreement, and yea, thou invoketh the wrath of the Mod Squad."


Summary: Be civil and polite. Please. Or else.
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: Cleon
 
I defined apologist to you in another thread... I stand by it...

And yet you keep applying it to people it should not be applied to. You still have no idea what irony is then. I guess because yours is "in tact", and that's something you seem quite unfamiliar with.

Oh and as far as contributions to this thread post #35. When was yours or Joes first one?
 
And yet you keep applying it to people it should not be applied to. You still have no idea what irony is then. I guess because yours is "in tact", and that's something you seem quite unfamiliar with.

Oh and as far as contributions to this thread post #35. When was yours or Joes first one?

How is that relevant, tangent man?... and what does that have to do with your thread derailment to accuse me of hatred I do not have? (#136) Moreover--in my opinion you are an apologist. You make no sense to me and I don't see you making a lot of sense to anyone else amidst your insults and claims that anyone who disagrees with you is a Christian hater. You insult people all the time and then stamp and fuss when it comes back. Apologist.

I consider that much nicer than what you derailed this thread with in regards to me. I don't hate anyone--but blowhards on a skeptic forum and apologists do annoy me-- it's not your ready defense of Christianity that bugs me the most--it's your hypocrisy and the claim that I don't understand irony when it's so much more obvious that you don't see that flaw in yourself while pointing it out, unprovoked, in me.

Now heed cleon's advice and quit with your attempts at pointing out my flaws while avoiding the direct question asked of you just like DOC. You derailed this thread to accuse me of hatred and have no valid reason why. And you have to repeat something that you think is clever and pointed even though it's silly and just makes you look like more of a blowhard. If you don't like being called an apologist, then I suggest you quite demonizing people every time they dare to criticize religion. Why do you take it so darn personally?
 
Last edited:

And yea, Mod Cleon did look down upon the thread from on high.

And it came to pass that he saw people starting to bicker and attack each other.

"Lo," sayeth the Mod. "Why doest thou forsake thy Membership Agreements? Follow not thy Membership Agreement, and yea, thou invoketh the wrath of the Mod Squad."


Summary: Be civil and polite. Please. Or else.
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: Cleon

Can we nominate Mod boxes for the TLA? That was the BEST warning EVER!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom