Blutarsky
Critical Thinker
- Joined
- Oct 5, 2006
- Messages
- 272
Another small point. I do notice that Jefferson is a favorite of atheists. Though he was a very important founding father, and a person with whom I share many common beliefs with regard to religion and separation of church and state, I don't necessarily think his ideas were the prevailing wisdom of the day.
I think he was so vocal because he was the minority at the time. Other than Jefferson's letter, there is really very little on the record regarding spearation church and state.
As far as antics regarding what was or wasn't done in the Rotunda...they did keep records back then...they should be easy enough to verify or debunk.
I think he was so vocal because he was the minority at the time. Other than Jefferson's letter, there is really very little on the record regarding spearation church and state.
As far as antics regarding what was or wasn't done in the Rotunda...they did keep records back then...they should be easy enough to verify or debunk.