Maori? They're happier'n pigs in ###t! Wow, if the status quo continued for another thousand years, they'd own the planet, not just NZ! You haven't been sneakily swallowing a whole history-load of Parihaka, colonialism, cross-generational guilt and lies out of the mouths of apologists have you?
Well, I'll wait to hear how happy they are from one of them.
In any case, I haven't been swallowing anything from anybody. Only about the only time we hear about them topside is when someone's complaining.
I figured. Hey, when they come to burn you at the stake, be happy in the knowledge that I'll have been long since cremated by them. I'm pretty sure they'll start with people with "The Atheist" in their name.
Well, let's not let it get to that point. That's why I'd rather fight here- on the pedo's turf- set a few precedents, than sit back and wait for the barbarians come to my gate.
Fair point. we're talking, not shooting. That's usually a good thing!
That's my thought.
Mine, so far. Plenty more of it to go, as well, I hope.
No, theirs. Unless you were born with them.
Correct, but lots of parents allow kids to sexualise themslves by learning about life earlier than necessary from inappropriate tv/video/DVD/gaming/PC life.
Who gets to decide what is "inappropriate"? Why it assumed that exposure to sexual material automatically "sexualises" children?
This problem could be made to largely disappear just with a small amount of supervision. We're not talking about supervising a group of inmates from Joliet, we're just asking parents to think about their kids occasionally.
Kids need more supervision than an inmate.
There's also a world of difference between a kid asking and being told honest facts
Kids don't know what to ask.
and learning stuff on video which shows a woman's best option is to open her legs asap.
If that were the extent of it, if you left it at that, that could be a problem. But that attitude is out there. People are going to approach my daughter expecting that is what she is for. She needs to know that. She also needs to know how ugly it is.
Ditto. I find my kids are far more knowldgeable about the world than most of their peers. I have 4/7/16/16.
I'm not advocating holding kids back, just if they want to play with barbie or GI Joe at 12, let 'em. Lots of parents force their kids into roles they aren't ready for. Again, simple supervision rules.
My son still plays with Legos. But not because that's his only option.
Hmm. You have been talking to someone, haven't you?
I talk to a lot of people. No one comes immediatly to mind. The only person I've spoken to about you is you though.
I have no problem with that. How are you going to able to show cause and effect in this situation?
Studies need to be done, no question. But you can't even get started until you stop the screaming and put out the torches and get people looking for facts instead of emotions.
I think asking for evidence of a believable nature is a bit like asking for Jesus' nails to be displayed. You're looking for something which doesn't exist.
We can't study correlations between behaviours, now?
Or maybe you expect to gain honest answers from convicted paedophiles.
Wow, there's a whole bunch of preconceived notions in there, aren't there?
Ah, but yes there is a law against it. Probably several, includinng a couple of SPCA ones! (Depending whereabouts the dynamite is wired to)
A
specific law? Against robbing a bank with an exploding zebra? There are a few
general laws that this falls under, yes, but not a law specific to this situation.
No, that's it in action. When the majority opposed the death penalty in countries where conscience is exercised, the death penalty went. In countries without social conscience, it continues.
You are assuming again that what the majority believes applies equally to all. In no society, even in ones where there is very little plurality, the population is not homogenous. In your "countries without social conscience", there are dissenters, even in those where the death penalty has been rejected, there are those in disagreement.
I can't see how it could infringe on your rights. Can you come up with a hypothetical example - it's beyond me.
Outlawing my copy of "Justine", just to start. Making it illegal for my daughter to go to movie that you and your majority friends might not approve of. Banning a game that shows teens having sex.
How have I been over-protective?
I don't know, that's why I asked.
Rights? I've never bothered to check up on it. I just go and get involved. I always have and always will. Whether I have a right to or not hasn't come into it yet. No doubt, one day someone will decide I have no right to interfere and will shoot me instead. C'est la vie. I definitely feel that I have a responsibility to do it, even if just so I can sleep at night.
Forgive me, but that seems to be a pretty juvenile attitude.
Course it's criminal - both ways.
"both ways"?
Who's to say that child-free kiddie porn isn't the thin end of the wedge which allows Kevin and his buddies to claim that the girl was sexually mature and therefore capable of consenting to the act/s.
I've given dann about a dozen reasons why.
From studies I've seen, including several I've read during searches for this thread, as you'd expect, sex crimes against children break down into "behavioural" and "opportunistic" crimes.
Of those opportunistic crimes, who can say that none were encouraged by reading kiddie-porn?
Some may have been. Some may have been encouraged by the Sears catalog. Some may have been encouraged by kids playing in the park. Some may have been encouraged by the memory of a first childhood sweetheart.
This is why we punish the wrongdoer for what he does. HE is responsible for his actions- not the explicit material, not the Sears ad, not the park, not the little girl from long long ago.
Until you can successfully show that it doesn't, you don't have a case.
Yes, I do. I'll repeat what dann chose to ignore:
"Having or creating fantasies about, distributing, selling, or passing around explicit material about, talking about, writing about, singing about, shouting about, online chatting about, or harbouring a desire for f[rule 8]ing a child is not f[rule 8]ing a child.
F[rule 8]ing a child and photographing, video taping, or otherwise recording f[rule 8]ing a child is f[rule 8]ing a child."
"Picture of nude child in the hands of a non-pedophile = "not sexually stimulating thing"
Picture of nude child in the hands of a pedophile = "sexually stimulating thing"
Picture of clothed child in the hands of a non-pedophile = "not sexually stimulating thing"
Picture of clothed child in the hands of a pedophile = "sexually stimulating thing""
A person who wants to f[rule 8] a child is going to see EVERY SINGLE CHILD sexually (within his preference, obviously), regardless of context, regardless if the child is packaged and sold. Some of them actually prefer children in realistic settings, if some of what I've seen is to be believed- they don't want them "presexualised". "Porn", as I was trying to to get dann to see, is an absolutely meaningless concept in this context.
We CANNOT remove temptation from the paths of these people, just like we couldn't remove the temptation of alcohol from the alcoholics. And to try runs roughshod over basic freedoms that you, as a minority, should be one of the first to defend.