Which is obvious to anyone who is not a bigoted fool with difficulty in nuance.Homosexuality does not preclude reoroduction.
Which is obvious to anyone who is not a bigoted fool with difficulty in nuance.Homosexuality does not preclude reoroduction.
And what the hell does the number of people choosing or not to have children have to do with rape culture? They are completely different issues.And besides, if we show all those homosexuals a lot of heterosexual porn, they're bound to turn heterosexual too![]()
So what is that threshold for humans? What ridiculously hyperbolic percentage of the human species has to "turn gay" and choose to never engage in any sort of reproductive action for us to go extinct? At what point does this completely homosexual species decide that the extinction of humanity is preferable to reproductive heterosexual sex? Just 20,000 years ago the entire human population is estimated to have been between 2 and 8 million. So even if only 0.024% of the human population "stays straight" while all the gay people die off from old age, there's still plenty of people left to continue the human species, especially if they preserve much of the knowledge gained by their ancestors.If a majority (ie if enough) of any species are not heterosexual, then the species will die out. That is a factual statement, yes.
And you continue to misinterpret what I said.So what is that threshold for humans? What ridiculously hyperbolic percentage of the human species has to "turn gay" and choose to never engage in any sort of reproductive action for us to go extinct? At what point does this completely homosexual species decide that the extinction of humanity is preferable to reproductive heterosexual sex? Just 20,000 years ago the entire human population is estimated to have been between 2 and 8 million. So even if only 0.024% of the human population "stays straight" while all the gay people die off from old age, there's still plenty of people left to continue the human species, especially if they preserve much of the knowledge gained by their ancestors.
About seventeen years ago, I heard a Catholic priest deliver a homily in which he mellodramatically asked his parishioners to "imagine a world in which everyone decided to become homosexual, and the whole human race just... died... out - [long pause for dramatic effect]". All I could think was, "what a stupid ◊◊◊◊!". What if everyone in the world decided to join the Catholic clergy and take vows of chastity and the whole human race just... died... out? The latter proposition seems no less likely a threat than the former.
The simple fact is that homosexuality is never going to pose a danger to the survival of our species. Silly "whatabout" arguments based on ridiculous premises do not reflect reality. On the other hand, overpopulation poses a serious threat to our future, and people who chose to not have children, whether heterosexual or homosexual, are more of a benefit to our evolutionary future than a threat.
No, I am directly addressing what you said. You claimed that without enough heterosexuality a species goes extinct. (By the way, I'd like to see you present a single conformational example of this happening.) What is the real likelihood of this happening?And you continue to misinterpret what I said.
So this is a "gay porn turns people gay" argument?What is extraordinary is that the porn industry continues to serve up anything-goes extreme content to young kids - an industry propagated by a society who continue to make excuses about that fact.
That is correct.No, I am directly addressing what you said. You claimed that without enough heterosexuality a species goes extinct.
You mean evolutionary biology which absolutely determines that?(By the way, I'd like to see you present a single conformational example of this happening.) What is the real likelihood of this happening?
I spoke about the need for stable families - which is what children want and need (in general). That porn has a negative influence on that is undeniable.So this is a "gay porn turns people gay" argument?
Yeah, even if we all went gay, we could still procreate.Homosexuality does not preclude reoroduction.
Which has nothing to do with rape.That is correct.
You mean evolutionary biology which absolutely determines that?
I spoke about the need for stable families - which is what children want and need (in general). That porn has a negative influence on that is undeniable.
I notice you ignored what I wrote - I'll restate it for you:
What is extraordinary is that the porn industry continues to serve up anything-goes extreme content to young kids - an industry propagated by a society who continue to make excuses about that fact.
Why is most sexual abuse carried out by children (UK)?Which has nothing to do with rape.
Nonsense.That is correct.
It doesn't. And it's not a danger.You mean evolutionary biology which absolutely determines that?
It is in fact, totally deniable. This is a claim with marginal to no evidence supporting it.I spoke about the need for stable families - which is what children want and need (in general). That porn has a negative influence on that is undeniable.
it doesn't.I notice you ignored what I wrote - I'll restate it for you:
What is extraordinary is that the porn industry continues to serve up anything-goes extreme content to young kids -
No excuses. It doesn't.an industry propagated by a society who continue to make excuses about that fact.
By your silly reasoning evolutionary biology also determines that a species in which every member jumps into a volcano is doomed to extinction. So what's the likelihood of that happening? What's the likelihood of everyone joining the Catholic clergy and taking vows of chastity, leading to the extinction of the human race? How seriously should we take either of those propositions? How much more likely is the premise that porn turns so many people gay that they stop having any children and our species goes extinct?You mean evolutionary biology which absolutely determines that?
You're the one making evasions. Are you claiming that viewing gay porn causes people to become gay?I spoke about the need for stable families - which is what children want and need (in general). That porn has a negative influence on that is undeniable.
I notice you ignored what I wrote - I'll restate it for you:
What is extraordinary is that the porn industry continues to serve up anything-goes extreme content to young kids - an industry propagated by a society who continue to make excuses about that fact.
No excuse. We have no reason to think there is a problem.And the excuses continue....
Irrelevant. You seem to have a problem with simples facts. I stated a fact.By your silly reasoning evolutionary biology also determines that a species in which every member jumps into a volcano is doomed to extinction. So what's the likelihood of that happening? What's the likelihood of everyone joining the Catholic clergy and taking vows of chastity, leading to the extinction of the human race? How seriously should we take either of those propositions? How much more likely is the premise that porn turns so many people gay that they stop having any children and our species goes extinct?
I quoted an article by Nature (you can search for it) and I quoted acbytesla (search delicious).You're the one making evasions. Are you claiming that viewing gay porn causes people to become gay?
Excuses.No excuse. We have no reason to think there is a problem.
As did I. It is a fact that if the entire human race decided to join the Catholic clergy and maintain a state of chastity for the rest of their lives, humanity would go extinct. That's a fact. But being a fact doesn't make an argument relying on that possibility as a premise any less stupid.Irrelevant. You seem to have a problem with simples facts. I stated a fact.
It's a simple question: are you claiming that viewing gay porn causes heterosexual people to become gay?I quoted an article by Nature (you can search for it) and I quoted acbytesla (search delicious).
And you still haven't responded to what I posted.
Unless you provide a claim supported with evidence that porn is detrimental. Then my response is not an excuse, but a yawn.Excuses.
It may be a fact..."if." But "if" is is a condition contrary to fact. "If" I had wings, I might take flight. "If" the insanely unlikely and virtually impossible happened, then yes, something else might happen. But I'm not worried. Just like I'm not worried about Medusa, a Cyclop, or other stupid insanely unlikely possibilities.As did I. It is a fact that if the entire human race decided to join the Catholic clergy and maintain a state of chastity for the rest of their lives, humanity would go extinct. That's a fact. But being a fact doesn't make an argument relying on that possibility as a premise any less stupid.
He keeps implying that.It's a simple question: are you claiming that viewing gay porn causes heterosexual people to become gay?
It's completely relevant to the entire argument that you are making. Porn is not going to lead to the extinction of the human race because it turns everyone gay.Irrelevant.
A lie. I think children have a right to responsible and comprehensive education about sex and reproduction. They shouldn't be getting that from porn. They should be getting it from parents and teachers who aren't repressed bigots.None of this excuses your post. You think children have a right to what (porn) is being served up.
Incredible.
Still a lie, born of total ignorance and repression.What is extraordinary is that the porn industry continues to serve up anything-goes extreme content to young kids - an industry propagated by a society who continue to make excuses about that fact.
I deny it! For a start, you have not demonstrated that the only way for a family to be stable is to be one man-one woman heterosexual. Second, you have not demonstrated that porn has any effect on the stability of families in the first place! You have just assumed it, and stated it with the kind of false and confident authority that can only be the result of complete ignorance and acceptance of moralistic anti-diversity propaganda.I spoke about the need for stable families - which is what children want and need (in general). That porn has a negative influence on that is undeniable.