• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

People who call AI "super intelligence" wish to change the emphasis away from its being synthetic, and more toward it's being smarter than they are, despite its being unable to tell you how many Rs there are in strawberry.
Well .. superintelligence actually was one of the less vague terms in AI. It just means "more intelligent than human". Of course, it still depends in what aspect, what area .. but at least the basic meaning was clear. And now Trump killed even that.
 
He just likes because it flatters him. "That is an excellent question, sir! It almost brings tears to my eyes to meet someone as intelligent as I am, someone who can ask such non-dum questions! Nay, even more intelligent than Super Intelligence! By a lot! After the midterms!"

What am I saying? He's never used it. He just likes it because it makes him money.
 
He's just this stupid and shortsighted. As are his idiot cultists. The world is passing him and them by, and they don't even know it.

Yep...case in point: While trump is busy bloviating about buying potash from anyone but Canada, lying about imaginary deals with Belarus etc, Canada is just moving on.

Canpotex Announces $500-Million Investment at Port of Vancouver for Potash Shipping

This was originally slated to be built at a port in Longview, WA but will now be built at the port of Vancouver because america under trump can simply no longer be trusted. It will open up new markets in Asia that are hungry for what we have. You want to be an unreliable customer? No worries, we'll find someone else.
 

Trump offered to sell US weapons to China.

I did see Tyler Rogoway hope it was the LCS
Too bad it's illegal, though I suppose it doesn't matter. In any case, that's got to be none too comforting to Taiwan, an actual ally.
 
This is a good example of the misuse of statistics. Medians are not a fair representation when you have skewed data. The median is the half way point between Musk and the poorest person. Essentially if you halved Musks income you get the median. The median is hugely influenced by a few very rich people and not at all by having growing numbers in poverty. The mode (the most common income) would be a better representation. A geometric mean might also be a possible option.
You're mixing up your median and your mean. The median point in a population (or sample) is the position at where 50% of the population are above and below. The mean is the sum of all the variables being measured divided by the number of the population (your take your income and Musk's income and divide by two example).

With a curve that's as far from bell shaped as the US's the median is usually better. But given how skewed income and wealth is to the 1%, the median will show a worse picture for Americans than the mean for both statistics.
 
What a sociopath. He lives in a world so insulated from reality by the sycophants he's surrounded himself with that he's learned he can lie egregiously and without consequence. He's a machine running on a simple algorithm of immediate self-gratification. There's nothing remotely human driving him.
Trump is the perfect example of G. M. Gilbert's quote: "I told you once that I was searching for the nature of evil. I think I’ve come close to defining it: a lack of empathy. It’s the one characteristic that connects all the defendants. A genuine incapacity to feel with their fellow man. Evil, I think, is the absence of empathy."
 
Trump is the perfect example of G. M. Gilbert's quote: "I told you once that I was searching for the nature of evil. I think I’ve come close to defining it: a lack of empathy. It’s the one characteristic that connects all the defendants. A genuine incapacity to feel with their fellow man. Evil, I think, is the absence of empathy."
I shared that quote with some friends on Facebook a few months back.
 
Trump is the perfect example of G. M. Gilbert's quote: "I told you once that I was searching for the nature of evil. I think I’ve come close to defining it: a lack of empathy. It’s the one characteristic that connects all the defendants. A genuine incapacity to feel with their fellow man. Evil, I think, is the absence of empathy."
How fitting that Elon Musk, too, has pronounced empathy a fundamental flaw in Western civilization.
 
Trump is the perfect example of G. M. Gilbert's quote: "I told you once that I was searching for the nature of evil. I think I’ve come close to defining it: a lack of empathy. It’s the one characteristic that connects all the defendants. A genuine incapacity to feel with their fellow man. Evil, I think, is the absence of empathy."
If it's a genuine incapacity, then it's pathological. Is it right to label pathologies as evil?
 
I don't know where else to put this as none of the other threads seem to fit. But Sen. Tommy Tuberville, Trump loyalist, has done it again in the "Just when you think they can't say anything more idiotic...they do," category.

Pilots, crews, air controllers, etc. are endangering us because they're Furries:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/politics/articles/fact-check-sen-tommy-tuberville-012020497.html
And there is significantly [sic] overlap between people who are gender confused and furry and the furry community. Research shows that 25% of the furries are gender confused and it's more evidence of our society going to heck in a handbasket when we have stuff like this going on. What's more concerning is that this is mentally and unwell [sic] in a furry community that touts the fact that many, listen to this, that many airline pilots, flight attendants, and air traffic controllers are part of the furry community.
Lord, help us. It's terrifying when you think about this. When you walk onto a commercial flight, it's possible that the pilot flying your plane could have a deranged fetish of dressing up like an animal. You can't make this up."

I guess this explains the litter box I saw in the crew's rest area and the flight attendant licking the ears of her co-worker.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom