• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

BatRatSpider!

Well... what is it? A cheap desktop decoration for quirky people, or a run-of-the-mill AI generation, or a propsed art exhibit for the Gugenheim? Either way, pretty... you know... uninspired. Generic.
 
Well... what is it? A cheap desktop decoration for quirky people, or a run-of-the-mill AI generation, or a propsed art exhibit for the Gugenheim? Either way, pretty... you know... uninspired. Generic.

It's a model of a creature from an old Sci Fi movie called Angry Red Planet. Run of the mill film of its type for the period, but they at least tried to do interesting things with the film's color palette.

(yes, I recognized it right away because I'm a nerd)
 
Last edited:
One of the running memes of the Outlast Trials video game is "Spider Eye Lamb". It doesn't make sense in any context but I've seen various variations of fan-created creatures.
 
This thread is in subforum History, Literature and the Arts. Ummmm... which is this random pic supposed to be related to? That might spur discussion in some kind of direction?
 
It's a model of a creature from an old Sci Fi movie called Angry Red Planet. Run of the mill film of its type for the period, but they at least tried to do interesting things with the film's color palette.

(yes, I recognized it right away because I'm a nerd)
I looked that up, turns out it was also used for cover art on the Misfits debut album Walk Among Us.

Strange how some dives turn.
 
Needs more cow . . . bell
I was going to go there but make the bell really small font!

ETA: This does remind me of an old friend of mine who died a decade or so ago at a relatively young age. An amazing woman but one of her artistic endeavors was making puppets.............out of dead animals. If it were blacker and greyer instead of browns and reds, that would look much like one of her creations.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom