• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Will Democrats ever concede on immigration?

This doesn't make any sense. Why would the US enforcing its border have any impact on tourists?

That's a solid ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ question, Trausti. Why would the US enforcing its border have any impact on tourists? You could ask the British National with a valid visa that was detained by ICE for six weeks, more of our tax dollars being used for good. I suppose you could ask any of these people as well, that got locked up for weeks on end for minor processing crimes while most of them were trying to get the hell out of the country all together. Why don't you read some ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ media that isn't just a constant echo chamber of your cult worship?
Whenever I travel abroad I always make sure that may documents are in order. That's just common sense.

Yeah, I'm sure you're a well-traveled citizen of the world, Trausti.

Mistakes happen. Well established politicians forget weapons in their luggage, people forget medical devices on planes, etc. but yes, I'm sure you're infallible when traveling.
And for years and years many foreigner tourists to the US have been able to do the same.

And for years, and years many foreigner tourists to the US haven't been able to do the the same. They've had issues with paperwork, they've had problems with visas, etc. but the difference is they didn't make headlines due to being arrested by money hungry immigration agents being encouraged to harass and detain people for bonuses on their paychecks. The issues were handled and most of them went on their way.

That's, for the mother ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ millionth time, what everyone has been telling you, but you're in a cult. So you don't listen. You think all of this is new because you never heard about it because it was never newsworthy before.
Oh, wait, I get it.

I sincerely doubt that.
Those foreign tourists were not intending to violate US law. That's probably the difference.

....and I was right.

The people I cited in this post weren't intending on violating US law either. How are you so blatantly and repeatedly wrong yet somehow remain immune to learning anything?
 
Last edited:
Refugees weren't given that freedom in the first place - they were placed in locations in large groups. Do you think that a 100,000 people from an arid semi-desert climate all spontaneously chose to live in a state with very cold winters with heavy snows, and very humid summers? No, they were placed in Minnesota as a group. Spreading them around would make more sense to me, and would lead to a higher likelihood of assimilation.
I was curious so I looked it up. No, in fact Somali refugees were not forced to live in Minnesota by a government agency. At first, they went there because they could get jobs in the meatpacking industry. As a community developed it became more appealing for Somali's to join their fellow expats.
 
Last edited:
I was curious so I looked it up. No, in fact Somali refugees were not forced to live in Minnesota by a government agency. At first, they went there because they could get jobs in the meatpacking industry. As a community developed it became more appealing for Somali's to join their fellow expats.
Welfare. Don't forget the welfare. Something like 80%+ of Somalis in Minnesota are on some form of American taxpayer-funded public welfare.
 
How would I forget a subject for which I was not addressing in my reply? I guess I forgot a near infinite amount of other potential subjects too.
You were responding to why there was a concentration of Somalis in a certain area. Just helping you out. You're welcome.:)
 
Welfare. Don't forget the welfare. Something like 80%+ of Somalis in Minnesota are on some form of American taxpayer-funded public welfare.
I thought we have discussed this before, so I asked Snopes.com about, and I got this answer:
The claim that 80% of Somalians in Minnesota are on welfare is a myth that has been debunked. According to the Snopes Archive, the actual number of people of Somali heritage in Minnesota is between 42,400 and 55,200, which makes up about 1% of the state's total population.
 
they still need their claims processed.
Who said they didn’t? The point is that while their claims are being processed, they are permitted to move around within the US, and can get work authorization after 150 days.
Anyone can claim asylum, including people not in danger at all.
No, not anyone can. And given that process exists to make the determination as to whether an applicant is in genuine danger (as the US government understands it) if returned, the fact that people who won’t get final approval will apply is inevitable.
 
Well, rereading the Snopes answer shows that it had answered a different question, which is about whether Minnesota is turning into a Somalian state. I then found a more appropriate answer at factually.co saying:
The short answer: the headline figure “81% of Somalis on welfare” originates from a December report about Somali households in Minnesota and refers to households receiving any form of public benefits, not a national individual rate; that specific 81% number is reported by the Center for Immigration Studies and repeated across several outlets. Independent government survey data and local demographers show much lower rates for some measures of assistance — for example, an American Community Survey estimate cited by Minnesota’s state demographer finds about 8% of people with Somali ancestry reported receiving certain kinds of public assistance income from 2019–2023.
 

here is the center for immigration studies website.


this appears to be the page that the relevant 80% statistic comes from. what’s the primary source? virtually all of the data for every graphic and table comes solely from 2014-2023 acs but they don’t provide a link to it but provide this comment

This report combines the most recent 10 years of data from the American Community Survey, 2014-2023. A full decade of data ensures an adequate sample size and keeps major events such as the pandemic from unduly influencing the results. Table 3 lists the sample sizes, and Table 4 provides standard errors. The standard errors are calculated from the Census Bureau’s replicate weights, which adjust for the survey’s complex design.

so it’s a survey you have to find on your own
 
also if you look at the date of the article, it’s from december 2025 right in the middle of the somali crack down in minnesota. is it possible that it’s manipulated data to support a political agenda? that would be pretty bad to be parroting it if that’s the case
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom