Carrot Flower King
Janitor of Lunacy
No, no, no, that was Sub Rosa, and Pro Bono (she was only paid one carp per diem).
You sure that wasn't The Apartment?
Along with Donum Gratis...
No, no, no, that was Sub Rosa, and Pro Bono (she was only paid one carp per diem).
It's all the rage from trolls and crackpots these days, from Vixen to trumpkins and putin fanboys. Throw out some unrelated accusation or claim and hope no one realizes you're trying to completely change the subject.Oh look! Meaningless evasion from Vixen. Never seen that before!
But I’m willing to let her show me the next baby steps. I’ve answered her most recent post on the topic.
As near as I can tell, just toward 100 more pages.I want to see where Vixen is heading with this.
At this point it's clear that she is misusing "geopositioned" to mean a synchronous orbit. Around what, for what purpose, has been a tantalizing journey. I know what Allen and Weaver are talking about, but I've already addressed their argument several times. Waiting for @Vixen to catch up to everyone else is...tedious.She’s clearly trying to change her argument to something along the lines of what Weaver and Allen were actually trying to argue about the TV footage requiring a stationary platform to shoot it, but her actual originally argument had something to do with the logistics of transmitting TV footage via a geopositioned or non-geopositioned satellite and how the spinning Earth makes that difficult.
The problem is that her first "baby step" includes a hidden premise that she simply refuses to let go of. Her first step is not in a direction that's consistent with the facts.But I’m willing to let her show me the next baby steps. I’ve answered her most recent post on the topic.
1,000mph is pretty quick. Things just go whizzing by!She also needs to incorporate the spinning of the earth into the whole kaboodle.
Enough to make your hair stand on end!1,000mph is pretty quick.
I thought that took, Earth, orbital velocity????Enough to make your hair stand on end!
Wasn’t he some guy that also tilted at windmills?Well, she's failing, if that's what she's doing; not even I am stupid enough to fall for her nonsense, and i am definitely the stupidest person in this room. So there!
QED. Et tu, Quoque whoever he was.

She posted an AI animation showing the Earth rising above the Moon's horizon, so probably not.I keep wondering if Vixen is aware the Moon is spinning at one revolution per lunar month, always presenting the same face to the Earth.
She posted an AI animation showing the Earth rising above the Moon's horizon, so probably not.
Was that the bad quality, completely inaccurate AI animation clip you most recently shared?
Vixen, whether you address the actual erroneous argument, or your erroneous interpretation of it, they're both wrong.
A&W claimed that the TV images of the lunar surface from the CSM in lunar orbit were shot from a stationary position relative to the moon. Their claim is wrong, because an examination of the full recording shows that they are progressing over the surface at a rate consistent with their orbital velocity. A&W edited the video in such a way that it's made clear that they knew they were being deceptive. Like Sibrel and Percy, they were deliberately fooling people who want to think they're too brilliant to be fooled. They were, in effect, selling ◊◊◊◊ sandwiches by labeling them "for smart people only".
But you misinterpreted their argument to mean that the Apollo missions required a communications satellite in a fixed position between the earth and moon. This is also false. There is no need for an intermediary receiver/transmitter when there is clear line of sight between the earth and moon. You've since attempted to modify your argument by making vague noises about "spinning", without further elaboration. But the relative motions of the earth and moon are easily solved with a tracking technology that has existed for two centuries, and by having multiple earth-based radio telescopes arranged so that at least one is always in line of sight with the moon and all are linked via a global communications network.
There, I've walked you all the way to the mailbox and back. I'm curious to see what form your next alternative to admitting error will take.
Yeah, there's a difference between being in possession of a fact and having a head full of the consequences that seem naturally to flow from it.There could be a disconnect between 'knowing' it as a bullet point on a crib sheet and understanding what that means in practical terms.