The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
- Joined
- Aug 14, 2016
- Messages
- 32,662
love the Rock Johnson SNL sketch of inventing a child-molesting robot.
At one point I had a department sitting next to mine that did nothing but write JCL for scheduled batch. Up until 2016.Good to know my JCL skills are still relevant.
Many years ago IBM announced Unix on MVS, and our developers were delighted. Mostly because it was possible to recruit youngsters who thought mainframes were from the stone ages.HSBC is still primarily COBOL in its backend mainframe z/OS systems. Java on servers etc.
I always considered it the Ancient Magic. I was surprised to learn that Z-series mainframes still use it.At one point I had a department sitting next to mine that did nothing but write JCL for scheduled batch. Up until 2016.
A lot of work is still done by batch written by our forefathers and their forefathers unto the 10th generation. Usually managed by the batch scheduler OPC as was now TWS.I always considered it the Ancient Magic. I was surprised to learn that Z-series mainframes still use it.
Correct. Any reason to highlight this example?Perfectly normal for senior execs to leave just before an IPO
Presumably he asked the AI whether or not he is a fraud, and was therapeutically reassured by its sycophancy.Dean of Science at Stellenbosch University writes that although AI generates almost all the words for his articles (including this one):
"AI did almost all of the writing. I remain the expert and the thought leader behind the piece."
![]()
When AI writes the words, who is the author?
After an AI detector classified one of my opinion pieces as entirely AI-generated, I found myself questioning where authorship ends, where expertise begins and what readers deserve to know.www.nature.com
View attachment gord.mp4I have been following AI generated tseampunk videos for a year or so. Continuing small incremental improvements edging closer to reality.
Integration with speech is not here as yet but check out this for an example of what can be done :
Hollywood lookout.