• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Apollo 11 Moon Landing Revisited: Hoax ~vs~ Debunk

I was countering JayUtah's apparent belief that 'popular' equates to 'best'.
No, as I explained several time in plain English, the reason I said Ektachrome film was popular is to refute your claim that it was bespoke for Apollo an unavailable to others. I said nothing about it being the best.

I was correcting a common misconception.
No, you're just blatantly lying about what I said and why I said it.
 
Although I am extremely well versed in digital imaging (in particular for astronomy) and know in excruciating detail how CCDs work, I know next to nothing about film photography, and even less about which companies produced what and what wold have been available to NASA or the general public in the late 1960s.

And yet that doesn't disprove Jay's point.
 
Although I am extremely well versed in digital imaging (in particular for astronomy) and know in excruciating detail how CCDs work, I know next to nothing about film photography, and even less about which companies produced what and what wold have been available to NASA or the general public in the late 1960s.
And yet, you still know more than Vixen.

ETA: Beaten to the punch by P.J.
 
Last edited:
Haha. It is patently obvious I was referring to the bespoke Moon edition of Ektachrome.
There is no "bespoke Moon edition of Ektachrome." That's been the point all along. It was the same Ektachrome ISO 160 film than anyone else could buy.

Or do you suspect what Percy suspects, that it's non-existent as it wasn't actually needed as it never happened?
And how many times must you be shown how David Percy just makes stuff up that is provably untrue before you stop relying on him as a source?
 
That's what you claimed. You can't seem to explain what you mean.


I am an expert on this topic. I would say that literally every other person in this thread knows more about the subject than you do.


You really want to fringe-reset to this claim? The part where you didn't know the difference between film stock and a film magazine and when you thought "Ektachrome" was a separate company?
I have never thought Ektachrome was 'a separate company'. I have always known it is a Kodak brand name.
 
Although I am extremely well versed in digital imaging (in particular for astronomy) and know in excruciating detail how CCDs work, I know next to nothing about film photography, and even less about which companies produced what and what wold have been available to NASA or the general public in the late 1960s.
Candor is always welcome, but I stand by my statement. If you can read and follow the discussion in this thread except for the contributions of one poster—who seems to have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed this morning—then you know more than @Vixen.
 
I have never thought Ektachrome was 'a separate company'. I have always known it is a Kodak brand name.
Then who are the "Ektachrome Bods." Why did you say that "Ektachrome" provided bespoke film magazines? Would you say that "Corvette" supplied cars to the astronauts, or would you say that Chevrolet (or more precisely, General Motors) supplied Corvette cars to the astronauts?

Your entire contribution to the thread this morning seems to be little more than a tantrum about having always been right all along on several topics you clearly know little or nothing about.
 
Last edited:
No, as I explained several time in plain English, the reason I said Ektachrome film was popular is to refute your claim that it was bespoke for Apollo an unavailable to others. I said nothing about it being the best.


No, you're just blatantly lying about what I said and why I said it.
It seemed that way when you [needlessly] gushed it was 'iconic'. But good you realise popular does not necessarily equate to 'best'.
 
It seemed that way when you [needlessly] gushed it was 'iconic'.
No, "iconic" does not mean "best." It means "very well known." What was that you said about not having time to play word games?

But good you realise popular does not necessarily equate to 'best'.
No, you weren't somehow right all along.
 
Okay, Vixen, since you now seem to have admitted that the astronauts were not contaminated (you said that they would not present a risk to others), please tell us what you think would be the point in them undergoing decontamination procedures?
 
I have never said it would be a 'radiation threat' to others. Stop making up falsehoods.

Why would the astronauts need to undergo decontamination if they were not radiologically contaminated? Why would the Navy frogmen want to run a Geiger counter over them, if they weren't a radiation threat?

ETA, get out of my head @wollery!
 
Last edited:
Humpty Dumpty walks into a bar in an ornate hotel in a Middle European resort town.

The bar man takes one look at him and says"You can get out now, as we don't want your sort here! And take those 3 with you!" Pointing at Finn Mac Cool, Sweeney and MacPhelimey, the pooka...
 
You almost have to admire the dedication to craft involved in complaining about people misunderstanding, mischaracterizing or flat out lying about something one has said, then, when asked to put into their own words just what was meant by what was said, telling those people to look it up on wiki or google.

If you use the search function you can see what I already said about the issue.
 
I have never said it would be a 'radiation threat' to others. Stop making up falsehoods.
Being contaminated does make you a radiological threat to others. That's why the caregivers at Chernobyl required radiation protection and decontamination protocols. Their patients were not only badly irradiated but also contaminated by reactor ejecta.

When your misconception was first being discussed, you pointed out that people who had undergone radiation treatments for cancer were told to stay away from others. Your betters pointed out that this was true only for people who had ingested radioactive substances (i.e., had become contaminated), not people who had merely undergone therapeutic irradiation. So yes, you did claim at the time that people who had been irradiated became a danger to others. You were wrong about it, but that was your claim.

You're allowed to change your mind when corrected. You are not allowed to pretend you never made the incorrect statements in the first place. Quite a number of people in this thread have expressed gratitude at being educated by knowledgeable contributors. You, on the other hand, arrogantly persist in claiming you've been right all along—even when it's painfully obvious you weren't—and in complaining about how badly others are treating you by not giving you credit for your allegedly original correctness. Given your especially unpleasant attitude today, perhaps you need to take a break and return to the thread only when you can focus on something besides yourself.
 
Last edited:
Okay, Vixen, since you now seem to have admitted that the astronauts were not contaminated (you said that they would not present a risk to others), please tell us what you think would be the point in them undergoing decontamination procedures?
Expected response:

"I never said that they would not present a risk to others, I said that I never said they would be a 'radiation threat' to others."
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom