catsmate
No longer the 1
- Joined
- Apr 9, 2007
- Messages
- 36,957
Not true.The point being made the dangers of deep Space radiation (as opposed to LEO) to health.
Not true.The point being made the dangers of deep Space radiation (as opposed to LEO) to health.
Right.....I don't have time to waste playing silly word games. Instead of focusing on random words, try taking in the idea instead, and then you won't get stuck at the first fence.
No. You brought it up.That's Andy Ross's stupidity in mentioning it.
Jeebus, but even by your pathetic standards this is stupid.It was in quotation marks because it was a shorthand colloquialism.
Pathetic attempt at evasion.You can look up what is meant by the Moon's "hill" on the web.
I am afraid it is.Not true.
Rubbish.I was countering JayUtah's apparent belief that 'popular' equates to 'best'. Being market leader often has no correlation at all with level of quality. I was correcting a common misconception.
Indeed. She said:No, you were just demonstrating your ignorance. Ilford produce monochrome film stock, not colour. And the colour film sold under their name is inferior, so not suitable for the Apollo missions.
Ha ha ha![]()
As if Ektachrome wasn't one of the most popular camera film amongst the public. Hence, why hobbyists chose Ilford, the photographer's film of choice. (Rather like the real ale bods and CAMRA [geddit? See what I did there.])
Well there is a rather large mountain on the Moon. Apollo 15 landed quite close to Mt Hadley. Dare I say look it up??Just refer to Foster Zygote's numerous claims that I somehow believe people working in highly radioactive environments are 'a radiation threat' to others. Utter rubbish.
Then there's the claim there is an actual hill on the Moon. Stuff and nonsense.
Sigh. Childish sillynessNo, that is YOUR ignorance.
Then stop doing it and post sensibly and truthfully.Look, playing word games is a waste of everybody's time.
Just refer to Foster Zygote's numerous claims that I somehow believe people working in highly radioactive environments are 'a radiation threat' to others. Utter rubbish.
Then there's the claim there is an actual hill on the Moon. Stuff and nonsense.
Off topic evasion.Do not make malicious fabrications. Discussing the topic of how one defendant is treated differently from other defendants in a crime thread does not qualify as 'accusing people of being a racist', which, as you know full well is a banning matter, so obviously it has not happened. Your trying to equate my objecting to being smeared as being an Alzheimer's sufferer (a horrible terminal illness) to the aforesaid discussion fills me with disgust and you ought to be ashamed of yourself for trying to stir up this type of hatred for your own personal glee.
Sigh. No it's not. You've had the reality of the radiation risks explained to you, but you refuse to accept them.I am afraid it is.
That would be an impressive sightIf it isn't your claim, then why would anyone be concerned by Apollo astronauts on their return?
There are many. No-one claimed there's one 66000km high.
Asked and answered.Then there's the claim there is an actual hill on the Moon. Stuff and nonsense.
That's what you claimed. You can't seem to explain what you mean.That is what is claimed.
I am an expert on this topic. I would say that literally every other person in this thread knows more about the subject than you do.Your usual assumption you are more knowledgeable than myself.
You really want to fringe-reset to this claim? The part where you didn't know the difference between film stock and a film magazine and when you thought "Ektachrome" was a separate company?You can do a search. I can't keep repeating everything six times just for sport.
Here you go:
Ektachrome is a brand name but then, so is Kodak. Ektachrome supplied the bespoke film magazines to a particularly thin base AIR and fit the specifications to the Hasselblads. For example, modifying what needed to be done when changing the film. This film has never been made for the public or mass-produced."Ektachrome bods" LOLOL
(Once again: Ektachrome was not a company. Ektachrome was a type of photographic film manufactured by Kodak.)
They're your silly words. We're trying to get you to explain what you think they mean. If you always intended "hill" to mean the Hill Sphere of the Moon and not something else, what you mean when you say it was "achieved?"I don't have time to waste playing silly word games.
Although I am extremely well versed in digital imaging (in particular for astronomy) and know in excruciating detail how CCDs work, I know next to nothing about film photography, and even less about which companies produced what and what wold have been available to NASA or the general public in the late 1960s.I am an expert on this topic. I would say that literally every other person in this thread knows more about the subject than you do.