I will grant that, but googke won't serve that for that search, AND the same kid would be told it's an adult site and asked to confirm that he was 18. And see thumbnails of a woman with *ahem* something up her rear end, and click on them. I mean, I was 14, I understand the curiosity, but at that point it's 2 or 3 conscious decisions in, and acting upon them. Like, what, did he think that 30 minutes in, after being railed by 4 guys, that fine lady would show him how to care for a hamster? It's still as physically opposite to either "pushing" or "unwanted" as it gets. Like, literally, if that content is unwanted, you can just close the window when you see the thumbnails.Currently a UK child can log on to 4chan, click past the NSFW page and see explicit content for free. 4chan have told OFCOM...to, well....they said the initial fine was: "bedding for my pet hamster".
Even if OFCOM blocked the site, tech-savvy minors could use a VPN.
Hey! 4chan - you are a disgrace.
This accusation is unsupported by evidence.Here's the post that you are having a meltdown about - deal with it.
You do know that Musk's X is where most kids see porn don't you? Hence the the renaming of it as XXX?
What is this supposed to actually mean?The XXX moniker is from a child that the UK's Children's Commissioner interviewed about porn access.
If the UK government blocked the site, sure - but the tech-savvy would know what to do.I will grant that, but googke won't serve that for that search,
Given the curiosity of kids, then we have a duty to protect them...and acknowledging that - then I don't disagree with theprestige's criticism. Effectively, we have spammed them...de facto, society is showing kids porn. As stated before, that is child sexual abuse on an industrial scale.AND the same kid would be told it's an adult site and asked to confirm that he was 18. And see thumbnails of a woman with *ahem* something up her rear end, and click on them. I mean, I was 14, I understand the curiosity, but at that point it's 2 or 3 conscious decisions in, and acting upon them. Like, what, did he think that 30 minutes in, after being railed by 4 guys, that fine lady would show him how to care for a hamster? It's still as physically opposite to either "pushing" or "unwanted" as it gets. Like, literally, if that content is unwanted, you can just close the window when you see the thumbnails.
Mandela: There is no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats it's children.I mean, I've already acknowleged that the system is imperfect. What more do you want me to do? Walk naked through town while some guy rings a bell and shouts "Shame! Shame!"?
And probably even that would get the young 'uns turned on![]()
Nope. My personal opinions are distinct from what I think can be supported as rational public policy. I regret opening up the sidebar. It wasn't directed at you or your claims, nor was it written in a way to mitigate the risk of you misunderstanding me in some deliberate and rhetorically convenient way.How about:
I’ve spoken to a million children through my surveys and participation programmes – their priorities are my priorities. (Children's Commissioner)
Also:
Your reply:
Whilst you push back against the commissioner's data (regarding where children see porn) you, nonetheless, affirm that:
It looks like you have changed your stance somewhat since those old posts.
Slightly OT but yes, we are active in the BDSM community and a shame fetish isn't uncommon.I mean, I've already acknowleged that the system is imperfect. What more do you want me to do? Walk naked through town while some guy rings a bell and shouts "Shame! Shame!"?
And probably even that would get the young 'uns turned on![]()
You've lost me. Which sidebar?Nope. My personal opinions are distinct from what I think can be supported as rational public policy. I regret opening up the sidebar. It wasn't directed at you or your claims, nor was it written in a way to mitigate the risk of you misunderstanding me in some deliberate and rhetorically convenient way.
When I change my stance, I'll let you know. You don't have to try to tell me what I think or believe.
Don't worry about it.You've lost me. Which sidebar?
Makes me feel warm all over.Mandela: There is no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats it's children.
Sure, but you didn't pull any punches in your criticism of the porn industry.Don't worry about it.
Yes, and I even said that if you were to start a thread criticizing the porn industry as such, I might actually agree with you about most of it.Sure, but you didn't pull any punches in your criticism of the porn industry.
Except that your criticism equates (in the UK at least) to child sexual abuse by the porn industry (enabled, of course, by society as a whole). You weren't using the term spamming literally I don't think - but in the sense of, effectively, that is what they have done and continue to do....cmiiw.Yes, and I even said that if you were to start a thread criticizing the porn industry as such, I might actually agree with you about most of it.
But this thread isn't about the porn industry as such. It's about trying to link porn to rape culture. I also haven't pulled any punches in my criticism of this line of reasoning from you.
If you're going to make something of when and where I don't pull punches, then please consider the entire data set, not just the bits that you think you can traduce into support for your thesis.
No, it doesn't. Your concept of what constitutes child sexual abuse in porn is deeply flawed. We've been over this.Except that your criticism equates (in the UK at least) to child sexual abuse by the porn industry
Like I said, I regret opening the sidebar. I didn't use "spamming" for your engagement. Of course you misunderstood me.(enabled, of course, by society as a whole). You weren't using the term spamming literally I don't think - but in the sense of, effectively, that is what they have done and continue to do....cmiiw.
There's other cultural phenomena that do more to normalize sexual abuse than fictional depictions of sex do. Look at cultures where rape is actually normalized.Given the definition of rape culture that includes the normalisation and trivialisation of sexual abuse, violence and coercion - then it relates directly to the thread.
And, sure, we can leave it there.
Always has been. For many years. Absolute disgrace.Hey! 4chan - you are a disgrace.
An investigation by The Independent has revealed that AI nudification apps generating explicit imagery and depictions of sexual assault were freely downloadable on Apple's App Store.
The app has since been removed after it was flagged to Apple.