• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Israel/US Attacks Iran /Yet Another Country/Iran

And Iran stop blocking the straits of Hormuz is also a minimum condition.
The thing is, why would they? What would they get in return? So far the US has shown that any treaty, any promise the US made isn't worth the paper it is written on. And sending a negotiating team will probably mean they are assassinated again. It might be in their best interest to continue crashing the world economy in the hopes that will make other nations put pressure on the US and Israel.
 
A lot of world leaders still trust Putin to be in good faith, alas. They however don't obey his orders indulge him to the extent Trump does.
Or did. I think Trump now sees Putin as a loser, something he cannot stand.

but yeah,there has been more then a little of Neville CHamberlain in the way some world leaders trust Putin.
Inclusing, sad to say, some in Europe. I expect no better from some tin horn dictator who wants a hand out from Putin, but I expect more from European leaders.
 
Or did. I think Trump now sees Putin as a loser, something he cannot stand.

but yeah,there has been more then a little of Neville CHamberlain in the way some world leaders trust Putin.
Inclusing, sad to say, some in Europe. I expect no better from some tin horn dictator who wants a hand out from Putin, but I expect more from European leaders.
Chamberlain didn't trust Hitler.
It's a myth. He had already started a huge rearmament program including a massive increase in the RAF and expansion of the RN, before Munich.
 
Fine words from a President

Fox correspondent: "President Trump tells Fox News about Iran, 'We are going to beat the ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ ◊◊◊◊ out of them.' He went on to say, 'We'll be hitting them hard. They're going to get a beating.'"

Video in link
 
Fine words from a President

Fox correspondent: "President Trump tells Fox News about Iran, 'We are going to beat the ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ ◊◊◊◊ out of them.' He went on to say, 'We'll be hitting them hard. They're going to get a beating.'"

Video in link
Remake of a French song from the 70, "J'ai 10 ans, si tu m'crois pas, t'va voir ta gueule à la récré" : "I'm 10 years old, and if you don't believe me, you'll see your face at the next break"
 
Or did. I think Trump now sees Putin as a loser, something he cannot stand.

but yeah,there has been more then a little of Neville CHamberlain in the way some world leaders trust Putin.
Inclusing, sad to say, some in Europe. I expect no better from some tin horn dictator who wants a hand out from Putin,
but I expect more from European leaders.
Why? those European leader that support Putin are either outright on his paylist or part of the techbro/US funded far right, both of whom have the same interest, break up EU unity.
 
What a cluster ◊◊◊◊.

US-Saudi strikes on Iran-backed militia in Iraq have pushed the region into “uncharted territory”, analysts have warned.

Amid stark warnings of a widening and increasingly “unpredictable” conflict, Riyadh’s decision to publicly join the US in striking sites associated with Iraq’s Popular Mobilisation Forces (PMF), killing at least 20 fighters, has added another complicating dimension to the war.


The strikes on Wednesday came after a brief lull in direct US attacks on targets in Iran, but Tehran’s allies in Yemen and beyond have become increasingly drawn in.

Iran, meanwhile, launched missiles at US military installations in Jordan in its first attack in the region since the pause in fighting with the US.

I'll just repeat: They don't know what they're doing.
 
Trump is falling right into Iran's hand. He underestimated them and now he's furious that they didn't just fold in a few weeks. Damn right it's unpredictable, we haven't been given any idea of a strategy or what constitutes a successful outcome. Iran is capitalizing on this chaos.
 
The US military says it has begun launching strikes against Iran in retaliation for an attempted surprise attack on American forces in the Middle East.

Centcom said on X the strikes were "a powerful response" to Tuesday's firing by Iran on US bases in Jordan and at ships in the Strait of Hormuz.

 
We need a Doomsday Clock for use of a nuke in Iran.

If I was setting the time I'd have it set at 23:59:55 currently.
 
Trump is falling right into Iran's hand. He underestimated them and now he's furious that they didn't just fold in a few weeks. Damn right it's unpredictable, we haven't been given any idea of a strategy or what constitutes a successful outcome. Iran is capitalizing on this chaos.
Exactly, I am now reading that Trump decided to ignore Pentagon esitmates of Iran;s military power thinking he knew better.
The man is a moron; and his stooge at the department of war is just as big a moron.
Where I differ from many here is I don't like the government of the Ayatelloah's very much, and refuse to see them as somehow the good guys in this. The enemy of my enemy is my friend approach is very dangerous. I think Iran might be emboldened to really go for what it has always wanted...domination of the entire Mid East. Anybody who thinks this is a good thing,or Iran will somehow become more moderate in the process is a idiot. blinded by idelogical blinkers.
And the price for the idiocy will be paid with a steady strem of body bags going home.
And bibi's visit to the white house will just push Trump further on the road to escalation...though Iran is also willing to go down that road, as the most recent attacks on Jordan shows.
There are not good guys in this.
And I am really afraid a few here have the idea of Iranian leaderhsip as juss slightly misguided revolutionairies.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom