JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing
Start by computing the shutter speed I asked you for. Unless you aren't competent in mathematics, in which case ask me for help.I certainly hope to get to the bottom of it.
Start by computing the shutter speed I asked you for. Unless you aren't competent in mathematics, in which case ask me for help.I certainly hope to get to the bottom of it.
It'll likely follow the same principles of magnitude (such as decibels or learning curves), I am guessing. In any case, Earth conditions are not like for like with lunar ones. Problem is on the Moon there is that much more radiation which will mess with the contrast,No, the Moon is irrelevant to my question.
If you have something that's a certain brightness, and you've experimentally proven that it takes 10 seconds for it to show up on film, how many fewer seconds will it take if the thing is 30% brighter?
It's simple math, Vixen. Did they teach you any of that in accountant's school?
I did. You claimed that you were "citing HJP "Douglas" Arnold, who worked with Kodak in the UK 1966 - 74 during Apollo", but you failed to provide an actual citation. That's is what is being talked about here.Please use the clickback arrow to discover what I was responding to.
You tell me.Start by computing the shutter speed I asked you for. Unless you aren't competent in mathematics, in which case ask me for help.
What sort of "radiation"? Exactly how does it "mess with the contrast", and how is this relevant to the length of exposure needed to record images of stars using 160 ASA film with an aperture of f5.6?It'll likely follow the same principles of magnitude (such as decibels or learning curves), I am guessing. In any case, Earth conditions are not like for like with lunar ones. Problem is on the Moon there is that much more radiation which will mess with the contrast,
No.It'll likely follow the same principles of magnitude (such as decibels or learning curves), I am guessing.
Irrelevant handwaving. This is Photography 101 and Introduction to Arithmetic.In any case, Earth conditions are not like for like with lunar ones.
No.Problem is on the Moon there is that much more radiation which will mess with the contrast,
The answer is an exposure time of 7 seconds.You tell me.
It's a simple ratio.You tell me.
Quick google says:No.
Irrelevant handwaving. This is Photography 101 and Introduction to Arithmetic.
No.
Why is that rounded to 2 decimal places?Quick google says:
To calculate shutter speed based on a percentage of light increase, multiply your current shutter speed by the decimal equivalent of your increase. For example, if you want to increase your light by \(25\%\), you multiply your shutter time by \(1.25\)
So that'd be 10 /1.30. [ed.]
Why does someone who is a professional numbersmith, a scientist, understands photography, etc. need to ask Google for how to do something that requires nothing other than the utterly basic arithmetic and photography knowledge to calculate?Quick google says:
To calculate shutter speed based on a percentage of light increase, multiply your current shutter speed by the decimal equivalent of your increase. For example, if you want to increase your light by \(25\%\), you multiply your shutter time by \(1.25\)
A fact does not require attribution. A fact is not attributable to anyone. The Ektachrome 160 ASA used for Apollo 11 is factual. You can google it or wikipedia it.
How much longer, as a percentage, is that than 1/250 of a second?Quick google says:
To calculate shutter speed based on a percentage of light increase, multiply your current shutter speed by the decimal equivalent of your increase. For example, if you want to increase your light by \(25\%\), you multiply your shutter time by \(1.25\)
So that'd be 10 /1.30. [ed.]
Yes, I just showed you how to compute that. Honestly I would have thought adjusting something by a ratio would have been something they taught you in accountancy school.So that'd be 10 /1.30. [ed.]
How much would that shorten the necessary exposure time?
No, that doesn't work. Aside from the Lunar Orbiters NASA at the time had no idea just how well the photography on the Moon surface would work, short of sending up probes.
No, the Moon is irrelevant to my question.
If you have something that's a certain brightness, and you've experimentally proven that it takes 10 seconds for it to show up on film, how many fewer seconds will it take if the thing is 30% brighter?
It's simple math, Vixen. Did they teach you any of that in accountant's school?
I certainly hope to get to the bottom of it.
Keep digging!
Start by computing the shutter speed I asked you for. Unless you aren't competent in mathematics, in which case ask me for help.
You tell me.
She knew she was out of her depth even before you mentioned the number 101.No.
[....] This is Photography 101 and Introduction to Arithmetic.
It's a simple ratio.
Something that is 100 units bright will be 130 units bright if it's 30% brighter. That's a ratio of 130/100, or 1.3. Something that takes 10 seconds to expose on film will take 10/1.3 seconds (= 7.7 seconds) if its 30% brighter.
I'm sorry, but you failed 7th grade math for today.
How much longer, as a percentage, is that than 1/250 of a second?
Vixen's accountancy school didn't bother with mundane things like numbers and math. The students were much too special for that.Yes, I just showed you how to compute that. Honestly I would have thought adjusting something by a ratio would have been something they taught you in accountancy school.
"If it takes 10 seconds to do a job, but someone figures out how to speed up the process by 30%, how long will it take?"She knew she was out of her depth even before you mentioned the number 101.
I know, I know, it is because Marcus is a GRIFTER that lies all the time when discussing Apollo.Yes, I just showed you how to compute that. Honestly I would have thought adjusting something by a ratio would have been something they taught you in accountancy school.
So if it still takes several seconds to expose stars even if they're marginally brighter as seen from outside Earth's atmosphere, how is Marcus Allen still not lying? How can he expect stars in photos that were shot at 1/125 second?
That you did, and your response revealed that you didn't know (among other things) what Ektachrome was/is.Someone asked a question and I responded.
Like the ones they landed on the moon you mean?No, that doesn't work. Aside from the Lunar Orbiters NASA at the time had no idea just how well the photography on the Moon surface would work, short of sending up probes.