W.D.Clinger
Philosopher
So much hilarity to enjoy, so much wrongness to point out. Luckily (although luck has nothing to do with it), most of the wrongness has already been pointed out. I apologize for beating the dead horses @Vixen has been shooting.


As I understand it, Kodak/Ektachrome set up the film, settings and mechanisms for the bespoke Hasselblads the astronauts were to use.

Laughing at the argument presented is not ad hominem. I'm positive about that.You are free to entertain whatever opinion you like. But I think in polite society it is best to understand rules of debate and logic, and avoid the logical fallacy of ad hominem just because one doesn't agree with the argument presented.
Wrong again! Ektachrome bods designing the specs were central to the Apollo photography programme.

160 ASA film. Not 64 ASA. Didn't you wonder why everyone keeps saying 160? Kodak's famous Kodachrome film was familiarly available in 64 ASA. Perhaps that's where you got that number from. Goodness knows.
Kodak most definitely marketed 64 ASA versions of Ektachrome for use on earth. Ektachrome-X came out in 1963, Ektachrome Pro 64 Daylight (using the E-6 process) in 1976, Ektachrome 64 Daylight (not Pro, so it was tolerant of a wider range of temperatures in storage) in 1977, and Ektachrome 64T in 1987. IIRC, I used some 64 ASA version of Ektachrome as my primary slide film throughout the 1980s. (I'm away from those slides at the moment, so I can't confirm.)Bollocks it was.
As already mentioned, Ektachrome was 160 ASA on Earth, and on the Moon.