• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Apollo 11 Moon Landing Revisited: Hoax ~vs~ Debunk

No, I am saying Nixon is not credible.
You think they could not really have set up a phone call for the White House to talk to the Apollo astronauts because "Nixon is not credible"?

That makes no sense at all. Is there perhaps a carer or somebody else there we could talk to?

The 'explanatory' stuff about having to do it v
v what?

I listened to that, too. The thrust was the poor quality.
Medium wave radio, coming from hundreds of miles away over the horizon by bouncing off the ionosphere, which only worked at night, and picked up by your "tiny transistor". In marked contrast to the direct line of sight transmissions from the moon picked up by the giant radio dishes of the Deep Space Network.

Which bit of these different technologies do you find hard to believe?
 
Then why did you post such simplistic nonsense? Did you just assume no one here would know better? Even after all the times you've posted simplistic nonsense, and then had your arse handed to you by posters who knew better?
I was responding to WD Clinger who expressed his observations about various SAT scores and the sheer scarcity of various normal population characteristics away from the norm. So, IQ approximates to a normal distribution. As does height. Whilst it might be exceedingly rare to find, say men taller than 6'7", you'll find that such men, assuming they do not have a chromosonal abnormality, simply come from a family where being that height is normal for them. I am not sure WD Clinger studied psychology so I am not sure how you have decided he knows more about IQ than myself or that I had no idea how a normal distribution works.
 
Nixon didn't dial the communication was already set up, all he did was pick up the reciver and talk.
What's that you say? Are you suggesting it was commonplace in days gone by for phone calls to be established by some kind of intermediary, a sort of "operator" if you will, and only then passed through to the parties who wished to talk?

What madness is this? Nixon is not credible enough to have known anything about that magic.
 
I was responding to WD Clinger who expressed his observations about various SAT scores and the sheer scarcity of various normal population characteristics away from the norm. So, IQ approximates to a normal distribution. As does height. Whilst it might be exceedingly rare to find, say men taller than 6'7", you'll find that such men, assuming they do not have a chromosonal abnormality, simply come from a family where being that height is normal for them. I am not sure WD Clinger studied psychology so I am not sure how you have decided he knows more about IQ than myself or that I had no idea how a normal distribution works.
I have never studied psychology, and yet I can see an evasion, when its as blatant as that one.
 
What's that you say? Are you suggesting it was commonplace in days gone by for phone calls to be established by some kind of intermediary, a sort of "operator" if you will, and only then passed through to the parties who wished to talk?

What madness is this? Nixon is not credible enough to have known anything about that magic.

I am pointing out the logical fallacy of the false premise. The false premise being, according to the topic title, that Apollo 11 was on the surface of the Moon. Therefore, the argument goes, 'Nixon made a phone call to the surface of the Moon!' is simply adding more and more to the desperation that this somehow proves 'it really happened'.
 
Nixon absolutely did make a phone call to the moon.

Do you have some kind of mental block that makes you imagine a phone call is not real if there's a radio link involved? Do you think mobile phone calls are not phone calls? What is your problem here?
That presupposes (a) they were on the surface of the Moon, and (b) all Nixon had to do was to pick up his phone and all the magic radio rerouters and stuff via Houston would fix it for him so that that the guys were there at the right place and time to take his call. "Not now, mate, I'm busy!"
 
I am pointing out the logical fallacy of the false premise. The false premise being, according to the topic title, that Apollo 11 was on the surface of the Moon. Therefore, the argument goes, 'Nixon made a phone call to the surface of the Moon!' is simply adding more and more to the desperation that this somehow proves 'it really happened'.
The premise of the topic title is the relative merit of the two sides of the debate.

There is no merit in the idea that Nixon speaking to Apollo astronauts was not possible, there is no evidence that it didn't happen.

No-one is claiming that the landings happened because Nixon called them.

Got an answer to my two questions yet?
 
I am pointing out the logical fallacy of the false premise. The false premise being, according to the topic title, that Apollo 11 was on the surface of the Moon. Therefore, the argument goes, 'Nixon made a phone call to the surface of the Moon!' is simply adding more and more to the desperation that this somehow proves 'it really happened'.
You need to know you are now in the shallow end of the CT pool with the flat-earthers.
 
That presupposes (a) they were on the surface of the Moon, and (b) all Nixon had to do was to pick up his phone and all the magic radio rerouters and stuff via Houston would fix it for him so that that the guys were there at the right place and time to take his call. "Not now, mate, I'm busy!"
Because he just decided on the spur of the moment to call the moon without any preparation or scheduling beforehand.
I suppose the reporters were just there to film it by coincidence.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom