bknight
Master Poster
If that were so, you would quit posting nonsensense.My opinion doesn't really matter, as I am only in the cheap seats.
If that were so, you would quit posting nonsensense.My opinion doesn't really matter, as I am only in the cheap seats.
On the point of shutter speed, she did confirm the correct facts after I demonstrated the physical behavior to her. She confirmed that it would take tens of seconds to expose stars on the Apollo film. But her brain bluescreened every time she was asked to apply that fact to claims made by conspiracy theorist Marcus Allen. Not only is she vastly deficient in her understanding of the facts, she's dishonest with the few facts she knows.You haven't looked at all the facts, if you were to do so you would realize people like Allen are totally wrong and only speak for the dollars that speaking gives them, GRIFTERS.
What does "mean sd [standard deviation]" even...mean?
Maybe perspiration affected her score.Vixen obviously intends to write "0 sd". You'd've thought a "numbers person" would know this...
On the point of shutter speed, she did confirm the correct facts after I demonstrated the physical behavior to her. She confirmed that it would take tens of seconds to expose stars on the Apollo film. But her brain bluescreened every time she was asked to apply that fact to claims made by conspiracy theorist Marcus Allen. Not only is she vastly deficient in her understanding of the facts, she's dishonest with the few facts she knows.
Keep in mind she started this thread by talking about Armstrong, Aldrin, and Whatshisname. But after two months she's now fully conversant with the facts of one of the most extensive scientific and engineering project in human history.
Maybe perspiration affected her score.
Feelings are important.I've got a feeling* that she (finally) concurred about camera settings on the surface of the Earth, but that she still thinks the Moon surface is a wholly different case (when in fact the stars do appear 10%-20% brighter from the Moon's surface, but by no means enough to affect the need for a multi-second shutter speed and open aperture - ie just as on the Earth's surface).
* I really can't be bothered to go back and check this, but I have a feeling my feeling is right![]()
Feelings are important.![]()
I concur with your feeling. She did try to say that things would be different on the Moon but didn't care to pay attention to any followup discussion. Of course I had already shown that the difference amounts to only half a stop and therefore still tens of seconds of shutter speed.I've got a feeling* that she (finally) concurred about camera settings on the surface of the Earth, but that she still thinks the Moon surface is a wholly different case (when in fact the stars do appear 10%-20% brighter from the Moon's surface, but by no means enough to affect the need for a multi-second shutter speed and open aperture - ie just as on the Earth's surface).
I used to say you can Google for facts, but you can't Google for understanding. These days you can ask for an AI's answer, but that still requires understanding—especially to know whether the AI is correct. It often isn't. Not having a proper grounding in science often leads you to ask an AI the wrong question, for example asking about "pressure" rather than "force." That's how she got her AI to give her a completely irrelevant answer in another thread.Google/Bing AI and Wikipedia are quick ways to make it sound - superficially - as if you know what you're talking about. Unfortunately though they're not going to help you if you don't have even the basic grounding in science to allow you to understand/parse what's being presented to you.
I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in

Yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.
No chance! I'm scared of psychopaths!Please explain.
We all know who's out of their element here. (Hint: not Donny)Yeah? Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.
You merely fail to understand. Since Vixen is 3 standard deviations more intelligent than the rest of us, it means sheExactly. Given that a term such as "3 sd" represents "3 sd away from the mean", "mean sd" would represent "mean sd away from the mean". Which clearly is meaningless (pun intended).
Vixen obviously intends to write either "0 sd" or "(the) mean". You'd've thought a "numbers person" would know this...
Except it was.At this stage I still lean towards the program not being ready on time.
Most people use σ.What does "mean sd [standard deviation]" even...mean?
Light bondage, spanking, Dom/sub, dressing up, wax?Intended to contrast with the friendly standard deviation?
For a normal population.Light bondage, spanking, Dom/sub, dressing up, wax?
A Tory you mean?Light bondage, spanking, Dom/sub, dressing up, wax?
Well, Buzz was an extrovert and became a rather entertaining tv character. His hint that they may have seen aliens or were followed by them was purely tongue-in-cheek IMV.Then there's the opposite claim
What Apollo 11 found and saw was so shocking that they never went back and faked all the later missions.
Plus various combinations of both.