Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
- Joined
- Oct 14, 2009
- Messages
- 27,403
Oh please, gimme a break.
After all this, why would anyone do that?
Serious question, BTW.
Oh please, gimme a break.
... 'it is official it happened' is the rather weak premise they rely on.
We were talking about whether body language had any merit.Not a fallacy, but the logical consequence of your statement. You must be sweating buckets given the number of lies you've told just in this thread.
Oh, and I think you meant ad hominem, not tu quoque (not that it was either).
"Obviously" it was an incredibly poor example.Obviously I had to use an example of where something true or probably true is not 'official'. This was in response to claims that anyone doubtful about the Moon Landing must be a nutbar because 'it is official it happened' is the rather weak premise they rely on.
It wasn't a cheese sandwich either. Address the issue or be rightly mocked for evading it.That wasn't a 'live' tv broadcast.
Very little.We were talking about whether body language had any merit.
Look, I am really sorry you are feeling outraged. But I have no control over your emotions.What is this Wall of Text supposed to mean? I have pointed out that everything can be faked in a studio; stars/no stars, cackling sound/normal voice etc, and that it all doesn't matter because you CT's are always going to take the opposite view: if there are no stars, you'll (wrongly) claim that it is a sign of fraud, and if there are stars, you'll (rightly) claim it is fake.
Billions of dollars have been spent on something that you think was a huge fraud. Of course, Nixon could have lied, but more importantly, all the thousands of people who worked on this project: the scientists, engineers, and the experts on fakery, radio operators all over the world, the Soviets; all of them kept quiet about it for so long, and the U.S. is notorious for not being able to keep a secret for longer than a couple of years.
And your reply to this is a rambling text with no relation whatsoever to what I wrote.
You are blindly quoting the standard party line.She's just blindly parroting the standard conspiracy theory line.
Vixen, if the average radius of the earth's orbit is reduced to one foot, then the radius of the moon's orbit will be 0.030 inches. At that scale, the closest star to our sun is 52 miles away. There's no way in Hell that there will be any discernible difference in the perspective of the stars between the earth and moon.
Fixed.Look, I am really sorry you are feeling outraged. But I have no controlover your emotions.
Not whether it has any merit, no. About whether some rando's interpretation of body language has greater merit than the mountain of physical evidence.We were talking about whether body language had any merit.
I was trying to explain in simple terms why the truth about the 1969 Moon Landing might be classified. It is common gossip that Prince Philip when he died was in a long-term relationship with a figure mysteriously papped at his funeral but remaining unidentified by the press and that they are said to have reproduced. The fact it has not been official 'news' does not mean it is a hoax or a conspiracy theory, was the point being made. But clearly it went over people's heads.
Look, I am really sorry you are feeling outraged. But I have no control over your emotions.
It doesn't.We were talking about whether body language had any merit.
Or we could just laugh at the pig ignorance.Pig ignorant people deliberately pissing on the lifework of thousands of dedicated people is something to get upset about.
That's a fine appeal to the emotions. .... To claim all these 'thousands of dedicated people' are having their 'lifework p!ssed on' is rather presuming that the matter has been settled à priori.
It wasn't settled à priori. It was settled by comparing a mountain of objective evidence with a compost heap of lies and manifestly bonkers speculation.
@Pixel42 is one of those people who are interested in intellectual discussion of ideas. Your manifestly bonkers speculation and lies (her word, not mine; I attribute your "lies" to genuine pig ignorance) tend to derail intellectual discussion of ideas, as you have done throughout this thread (and others).(I get that many people aren't interested in intellectual discussion and want to shut it down. As Eleanor Roosevelt said, few people are interested in ideas. But I am not sure why you would feel so angry about it.)
Nobody thinks NASA went to the moon because LBJ and Nixon told them so. That is a stupid argument.
That's what the evidence shows, beyond any reasonable doubt.I prefer to be charitable, and accept that she might really be this stupid and ignorant.
Even worse, she's pissing on the graves of all the astronauts who've given their lives in pursuit of space exploration, especially those who died during the Gemini and Apollo programs. Just like she pisses on the graves of the Estonia victims, and of Meredith Kercher.![]()
Oh please, gimme a break.
Then do something to deserve one.

Her access to actual intelligence may be limited. Which would explain why she so often relies on the artificial kind, as when she posted that hilarious image of stars above the moon rising over the moon, thinking it was a real photograph.Did someone claim it was? Why not just respond to threadworm's post with a modicum of actual intelligence?
If you click the arrow back, it was to do with someone claiming the astronauts were not downbeat at the press conference. You don't have to listen to the body language guy, you can just watch it for yourself. They look like they lost a shilling and found a sixpence. They clearly know this video will be used years, decades, centuries down the line so they have to be really guarded in what they say. Thus they are very careful to not confirm they were on the Moon and Collins very quickly tells Armstrong 'We did not see any [stars]'.Not whether it has any merit, no. About whether some rando's interpretation of body language has greater merit than the mountain of physical evidence.
It does not. And you would be very stupid to think it did.
I realise the concept of actually addressing the post you are replying to is alien to you, but that is what I was doing, Maybe you should try it somewhen?We were talking about whether body language had any merit.
"Because I said so."They look like they lost a shilling and found a sixpence. They clearly know...