• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Apollo 11 Moon Landing Revisited: Hoax ~vs~ Debunk

Speaking objectively, we went to the moon. We landed men there six times, and returned them to earth. There nine Apollo missions to the moon, and recently the Artemis mission orbited the moon again with four astronauts inside with more missions to come.

This is a fact. No one with a sixth grade education who is mentally stable disputes this.

In the 1970s the only people who entertained the idea the moon landings were faked were those who smoked too much marijuana, or took antidepressents with too much alcohol. This was the status quo through the 1990s until the internet became a thing. Suddenly those stoners, and mentally ill could find each other, and feed off one another's fantasies of conspiracy. Youtube, Facebook, and other social media platforms allowed all kinds of craziness to fester, and with the passage of time, and the fading of social memory lies about the 1960s now find more fertile soil inwhich to grow.

The facts never changed. Thanks to the degradation of public education standards the ability of the average person to understand those facts has diminished. This thread is an example of this. The video in the OP and it's claim is comedically inept. This is obvios within 90 seconds. He doesn't have a valid point, he has a stupid point. It's stupid because he could walk into any camera shop and learn how to set up a camera to take photos of the night sky, and then apply that advice to the known settings of the Apollo/NASA astronauts. He didn't do this, he makes no effort to understand photography, or if he did he ignored the facts as they undermine his claim that the moon landings are fake. Any reasonable person knows he's lying, or stupid, or both. Yet this video gets posted on this board with the claim that he has a valid point, and then the OP gets upset when the video receives it's well-earned ridicule, and time after time doubles down on it's validity, and time after time is abrubtly shown - in detail - why the claims are crazytown.

It would be funnier execpt people with this mindset vote, and these days their crazytown candidates have been winning. This thread is symbolic of a growning problem I wish we knew how to fix.
 
I am more than happy to discuss the topic under debate.
Might I suggest you do so, then? Making silly claims and slinking away when factually challenged is not 'discussing'.
However, I am not used to rough language and any man (who theoretically could be a rapist or wifebeater) telling any woman to 'stop wittering' disgusts me and makes my skin crawl. Yet I am instructed I have to take it.
This is beyond cheap. No one here is a freaking 'rapist or wifebeater' menacing you. Your absurdities are being rightly mocked, and if you expect to be treated like a slow child because you are a woman, then you need to go hang out on a forum that lets 'those foolish females' say ridiculous things because more cannot be expected of them. Here, you stand on the strength of your claims, lady or gentleman, and are ridiculed if they are ridiculous.
Incidentally, you haven't addressed the radiation damage issue (fogging) which Allen raises re the camera film.
It was addressed clearly and directly by multiple posters, in exquisite detail.
 
Last edited:
This has nothing to do with the topic under debate. If someone spreads a factually untrue statement that I am a moron then I will issue a factual correction and I don't care if the true verified fact of the matter upsets you

It has plenty to do with the topic under debate, if only you hadn't read it with your special "victimhood" glasses on.

I'm explaining to you that you are not being personally attacked. Your risibly incorrect arguments are, however, rightly being shot down in flames. And because you seem incapable or unwilling to accept that your arguments are laughably wrong, you (predictably) grasp the wrong end of the stick.

If someone entered a debate about Finland, and posted an assertion that Finland lies on the Equator, and refused to brook any criticism or correction of that assertion....well that's analogous to the situation regarding most of your assertions in this thread. Hope that's helped with your comprehension of the situation.
 
Willfully ignorant people like Vixen, will remain in that state until they read the mountain of data that has been received from the Apollo missions, instead of a few willful individuals that posit a massive conspiracy that could not have possibly been kept alive for over 50 years. Read some information from the sources not those individuals, like Allen who sell their theories for money.
 
Last edited:
I've said this before in a few 9-11 threads. If I walk into a Hell's Angels bar and start talking loudly about how stupid bikers are, and that Harley Davidsons are pieces of crud, I will get my face beat in. I can't then cry about getting my ass beat because I was just stating my opinion, and those mean Hell's Angels should have just ignored me.

No.

In this scenario I get what I deserve. I went out of my way to enter what was clearly a biker-gang establishment with the intention of talking smack about their lifestyle, and their machines of choice. I went in there looking for a fight I knew I'd find, and lose. The Hell's Angels are not the psychos in this story.

No one should come to a skeptic's board, seek out the Conspiracy Theory section, and post a link to a video claiming the Apollo missions were faked, and inept evidence is cited, and argue against the intitial educated, factual relpies with the opposite, and then expect to be treated with respect.

Everyone here by now knows I'm a ghost hunter. I'm treated with respect because I play by the rules, not just of this board, but of the scientific method. So I don't post things I cannot backup with evidence from quality sources (preferably something with a .edu at the end of the link). The best part is by playing by the rules I'm a better researcher. People really have to go out of their way to make this a hostile place.
 
I've said this before in a few 9-11 threads. If I walk into a Hell's Angels bar and start talking loudly about how stupid bikers are, and that Harley Davidsons are pieces of crud, I will get my face beat in. I can't then cry about getting my ass beat because I was just stating my opinion, and those mean Hell's Angels should have just ignored me.

No.

In this scenario I get what I deserve. I went out of my way to enter what was clearly a biker-gang establishment with the intention of talking smack about their lifestyle, and their machines of choice. I went in there looking for a fight I knew I'd find, and lose. The Hell's Angels are not the psychos in this story.

No one should come to a skeptic's board, seek out the Conspiracy Theory section, and post a link to a video claiming the Apollo missions were faked, and inept evidence is cited, and argue against the intitial educated, factual relpies with the opposite, and then expect to be treated with respect.

Everyone here by now knows I'm a ghost hunter. I'm treated with respect because I play by the rules, not just of this board, but of the scientific method. So I don't post things I cannot backup with evidence from quality sources (preferably something with a .edu at the end of the link). The best part is by playing by the rules I'm a better researcher. People really have to go out of their way to make this a hostile place.
Did Vixen seek out the CT forum, or did she initially post this in Current Events and have it get moved like what happened with the Estonia thing? I honestly don't remember anymore.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom