Reformed Offlian
Illuminator
Of course you do.I was right and I know I am right.
Of course you do.I was right and I know I am right.
I wasn't referring to the slim shadow of the Moon Lander, obvs. The lunar sun had only just barely risen so plenty of darkness in the opposite landscape, especially behind one of the enormous rocks Pat Norris referred to. Obviously, this is theoretical assuming your camera film hasn't already been damaged by the unrelenting radiation.It is what? Pitch black? No.
Imagine you are the astronaut, standing in the shadow of the lander. Can you see the sunlit moonscape around you, stretching off into the distance? Yes, of course. Why can you see it? Because the sunlight striking that landscape is scattering and some of it is coming back towards you, illuminating you. In your not-actually-pitch-black shadow.
What part eludes you?
Is it reading, understanding or remembering you have difficulty with?I wasn't referring to the slim shadow of the Moon Lander, obvs. The lunar sun had only just barely risen so plenty of darkness in the opposite landscape, especially behind one of the enormous rocks Pat Norris referred to. Obviously, this is theoretical assuming your camera film hasn't already been damaged by the unrelenting radiation.
OK, so the frogmen sprayed the capsule with 'chemicals' to 'kill the Moon germs'. Then they sloshed the astronauts inside with same. They got them to change clothes in case of 'Moon germs'. Are you serious?! Not a single mention of the extremely dangerous possibility of radiation..?I notice that you didn't make an actual point, let alone an argument. What was I supposed to notice?
Go on...As I pointed out to Mojo several pages ago.
Ah, something else you don't understand. Brave of you to parade your ignorance on so many topics.OK, so the frogmen sprayed the capsule with 'chemicals' to 'kill the Moon germs'. Then they sloshed the astronauts inside with same. They got them to change clothes in case of 'Moon germs'. Are you serious?! Not a single mention of the extremely dangerous possibility of radiation..?
An older sibling and a friend as part of their (British) degrees, spent a year at Grenoble Uni in which they spent time with radioactivematerials (Chemistry course). After EVERY session they had to undergo intensive decontamination and scrub downs. I can't remember the exact details now. This would have been a similar era - early to mid-70's - so you can't argue the dangers of radiation weren't known then. The thing is, the friend subsequently died young of bone cancer, still in 30's or 40's with small children, so it was incredibly sad. A child of my sibling was born with a birth defect, possibly congenital, and thankfully, easily rectified by surgery. Now, of course, we don't know it was because of the time spent at Grenoble but for NASA to believe 'germs' are the main problem makes me realise it's not serious. Spraying with chemicals indeed.
Well, that's one debating point.
Yawn.I wasn't referring to the slim shadow of the Moon Lander, obvs. The lunar sun had only just barely risen so plenty of darkness in the opposite landscape, especially behind one of the enormous rocks Pat Norris referred to. Obviously, this is theoretical assuming your camera film hasn't already been damaged by the unrelenting radiation.
Why should there be?Not a single mention of the extremely dangerous possibility of radiation..?
Exposing something to radiation doesn't make it radioactive.OK, so the frogmen sprayed the capsule with 'chemicals' to 'kill the Moon germs'. Then they sloshed the astronauts inside with same. They got them to change clothes in case of 'Moon germs'. Are you serious?! Not a single mention of the extremely dangerous possibility of radiation..?
Because they might have tracked out traces of those materials, not because they themselves somehow became radioactive.An older sibling and a friend as part of their (British) degrees, spent a year at Grenoble Uni in which they spent time with radioactivematerials (Chemistry course). After EVERY session they had to undergo intensive decontamination and scrub downs.
No. You're just clueless.Well, that's one debating point.
Exposing something to radiation doesn't make it radioactive.
Because they might have tracked out traces of those materials, not because they themselves somehow became radioactive.
No. You're just clueless.
Glad you agree.As I pointed out to Mojo several pages ago.
"Because I say so."The NASA guys watching their banks of...tv monitors ... are no wiser than the rest of us.
False, they tapped into the astronauts' transmissions while they were on the Moon. The operators of radio telescopes know which way their antenna is pointed and therefore where the signals are coming from.The guys who heard the radio exchanges of Apollo 11 at Jodril Bank, Manchester, only heard them as they were coming into splashdown. They might just have been orbiting earth for all they know.
You're in lunar day, not "pitch black darkness." Children can be taught this. You conceded it takes tens of seconds to expose stars.You are in pitch black darkness, perfect for taking a beautiful picture of brightly twinkling stars above.
You are in pitch black darkness, perfect for taking a beautiful picture of brightly twinkling stars above.
Yes, the astronauts wore dosimeters. A dosimeter doesn't tell you if you are radioactive. It tells you what dose of radiation you may have previously absorbed.Also, the astronauts wore dosimeters, right? Which they periodically read off to mission control? Houston would already know how "radioactive" the astronauts were well before re-entry.
I heard that Buzz Aldrin gained the ability to kill conspiracy theorists by focusing his mind on them.At least none of them turned invisible or went all stretchy.
Stars wouldn't twinkle on the moon. Twinkling is a phenomenon produced by atomsphere. In space, stars look like hard little dots.
I heard that Buzz Aldrin gained the ability to kill conspiracy theorists by focusing his mind on them.