• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Israel/US Attacks Iran /Yet Another Country/Iran

Trump on Iran: "The unfreezing -- we have taken a lot of their money. It's not our money. At a certain point in time, I guess we're gonna have to give it back."

Video in link
 
I don't see how you can possibly think Iran can "win". They can drag it out a long time, definitely. But "win"?

Would you rather the US used the force necessary?

It's very irritating to me. If the US is aggressive and uses the necessary force, we get criticized for it because people die. If the US holds back and continues to negotiate instead of just plain killing a bunch of people, we get criticized for being weak. There's no way out when the entire objective is to just ◊◊◊◊ on the US.
Well, the more leaks we get of this "agreement", the more it seems that, yeah, indeed, Iran seems to be doing rather fine. And I don't understand this handwaving: you break it, you own it. We (Europe, most sane countries around the world) didn't want to break it, you did, so you own it, the USA owns this bloody idiotic and disastrous adventure. Now good luck, thoughts and prayers etc.
 
Last edited:
From an English lawyer’s perspective, a Memorandum of Understanding is invariably intended to not be an agreement in any contractual sense.
A MoU can usually be described - even defined -in negative terms: it is an agreement which not intended to have any contractual effects between the parties.
(From time-to-time there will be a MoU which has contractual effect, though these are rare and come about mostly because of drafting errors, catching the parties by surprise.)

 
You have notably not answered my question.

Confirmed what, exactly?
I “notably” see that the G7 have put out a demand to Israel to withdraw from Lebanon. And Trump has been trash talking Netanyahu in the media. This is consistent with the memorandum that calls for the war to end on all fronts.

Vance and Trump have effectively confirmed the 300 billions dollar reconstruction plan where they simultaneously claim that the US taxpayer is not paying and yet at the same time suggest people contribute. The point being that the US has to find some way of getting the money together to give to Iran.

Nobody on the US side has denied any of the points of the memorandum.

So it is pretty clear that the rather specific terms, which all favour Iran, are broadly, if not entirely correct, and I think you know that too.

Besides, remember when you were assuming that you knew the US aims in the war on far less? So don’t pretend you are above coming to conclusions from less than perfect data.

Question for you: IF this turns out to be the final deal, will you be happy with it?
 
I “notably” see that the G7 have put out a demand to Israel to withdraw from Lebanon.
Will the G7 ever take any action to protect Israel from Hezbollah?

No, it will not.

So it can go ◊◊◊◊ itself on the issue.
Question for you: IF this turns out to be the final deal, will you be happy with it?
It's not even alleged to be the final deal, but no, I wouldn't be.
 
Will the G7 ever take any action to protect Israel from Hezbollah?

No, it will not.

So it can go ◊◊◊◊ itself on the issue.
The G7 includes the US of course, and Trump has been saying in the media that Israel has been blowing up entire city blocks of people, many of whom are not Hezbollah, to kill Hezbollah operatives. I don’t see him reaching for the “human shields” defence.

So, if you want your president to go ◊◊◊◊ himself and keep the war going and the Strait of Hormuz closed and the global economy in peril, then the war will just have to continue with the US having to keep fighting for unclear goals because Israel won’t stop.
It's not even alleged to be the final deal, but no, I wouldn't be.
I didn’t think so. The terms are being read out now. Essentially the same terms from what I can see. So it is official now….

 
So Iran can enrich??

Trump leaves door open to Iran enriching: "It's a little hard when other people have it, other adjoining states have it, and you're not letting them have it for purposes of electricity and things like that. You have to use a little common sense."

Video in link
 
Trump: This is a memorandum of understanding. It's very important, but it might not be the kind of a document that I should be signing. If it works out, I'm going to take the credit. If it doesn't work out, I'm blaming JD

Video in link
 
Trump: I think Israel could do better with respect to Hezbollah. I'm not saying they shouldn't protect themselves. I'm saying when two drones are shot into the desert and drop harmlessly, you don't have to knock down buildings in Beirut. They could behave better

Video in link
 
They would be nuked!

Trump: Whoever sells them a nuclear weapon will get nuked themselves, if they sold a nuclear weapon, only a few that could do it, they would be nuked

Video in link
 
Hit them with Patriots.

Trump on Uranium: Nobody can get it, so it's not important that we do it quickly, but we could do it fairly quickly. Nobody can do it. And if they do, we'll hit them with Patriots

Video in link
 
Iran has to have missiles because Saudi has them.

Trump on Iran/Ballistic Missiles: They have to have some. Some of these guys, I don't think they are smart. "Sir, you should let them have any missiles." What am I going to do, let Saudi Arabia have missiles but they can't have them? Missiles aren’t the problem. Missiles, they hurt a little location, but they don't blow up the planet.

Video in link
 
Trump: I spoke to the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia a number of times. We're using their airports, not that they could stop us if we didn't want them to, but it'd be nice that I want to get that little sucker.

Video in link
 
I didn’t think so. The terms are being read out now. Essentially the same terms from what I can see. So it is official now….

The MoU is EXPLICTLY temporary. That's part of the MoU. Point 3, to be explicit. That is the sense in which I mean it's not even alleged to be the final deal. There is no final deal yet.

And your own link points out some important differences between the signed MoE and the draft one. One is that Iran CANNOT charge any money for passage of vessels through the straits during the negotiation period of the MoU. Another is that the minimum acceptable disposal method of Iran's enriched stockpile is to down blend it in place (ie, mix it with non-enriched uranium to lower the enrichment level) under IAEA supervision. These are both significant points.
 
Reporter: One of the goals of Epic Fury was to destroy Iran's ballistic missiles. Why is it acceptable to you now that they keep some of that capability?

Trump: What are they keeping? They have less than other nations now. The rest of them are underground. They can't even get them out. Are you going to let the 91 million people starve to death?

Video in link
 
Missiles for Iran.

Reporter: You said you don’t mind Iran having ballistic missiles?

Trump: I'm saying if other countries have them, it's a little bit unfair for them to not have some.

Video in link
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom